More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:44:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I have mean sims! What did I do?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have mean sims! What did I do?  (Read 14721 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: I have mean sims! What did I do?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 27, 15:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a setting somewhere for either of these two hacks that allows me to change the speed at which a sim will respond?  I didn't see anything in the settings for that.  I just don't like them running.  Fast walk or what would be normal for their lazy/active level would be more comfortable for me.
There is no "fast" or "slow" walk. The pace at which a sim moves depends on whether they normally have the ability to "Run Here". For an active sim, running *IS* the normal pace. Otherwise they'd never get anywhere! MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!

The fact that lazy sims do NOT run is more a concession to the established rules than anything else, since the Macros are not intended for use as a cheat and therefore do not enable your sim to do things they couldn't do. Like getting the toilet in less than the 4 hours he has before he pisses his pants. Lazy sims, being unable to get anywhere in less than 5 hours, tend to be at risk for these things.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 27, 17:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do they all run to bed at bedtime, and run when they are thrown out of the bathroom?  Because, since all sims can run when they are late for work or playing tag with the kid, they do all have that ability, it's just you can't TELL lazy sims to do it.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 27, 18:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do they all run to bed at bedtime, and run when they are thrown out of the bathroom?  Because, since all sims can run when they are late for work or playing tag with the kid, they do all have that ability, it's just you can't TELL lazy sims to do it.
I figured it is entirely within the character of lazy sims to run eagerly towards their favored and preferred activity, that of being as lazy as possible, based on observation of people from the chat, who seem endlessly obsessed with it, like the lazy bunch they are.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 27, 18:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 28, 12:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I wondered if it was possible.  The funny thing is, with macrotastics, the active sims run while they're macro cleaning but not when they're macro paying bills.  I guess paying bills isn't worth running for!?

I put the BUY in about a dozen houses, just to test it on a wide variety of sim types.  Now I have some who will use the toilet (need to) then take a bath when they don't need to, just because they're in the room at the time.  Almost full hygeine bar (still in the green), same for comfort bar - I assumed it's because they have high neatness.  But they wouldn't have taken a bath at that hygeine level otherwise.  And in their queue it showed the bathroom controller over the take bath icon.

I guess I have to be discriminating about what bathrooms I put one of these in.  But it should keep the annoying flushers out of the dorm BRs while my sims are there, so I'll put one in those BRs at least for their last year.

But I still don't get WHY they do it.  Other 3 LB sims will go into the BR and stand and watch their heartthrob take a shower, not flush the toilet just for the heck of it or use it if they don't NEED to.  I still think these two are just sadists!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 28, 13:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen plenty do it, but usually, I think, they are low on nice points!  As to taking a bath or shower when they don't need to, I think it sometimes depends on what instruction you give.  If you click the BC and tell your sim to Be Used, then they get the full treatment, if you just tell them to use the toilet, if they aren't stinky, they don't get the shower, and Macro Use Bathroom tends to only let them use the toilet even when they are pretty stinky, but haven't gone into the red!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 28, 13:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't tell my sims to use it.  They just go in on their own.  I figured the whole idea was for the BUY to pull them in there if they were close enough and needed to use it.  I havn't used the Be Used function at all!

As for the Niceness factor, when I checked their astrological signs, one had 3 point and the other had 5 points in Grouchy/Nice.  I have a sim in another hood who has only 1 in Nice and he doesn't do this.  He will jump out of the shower if his wife goes in and uses the toilet and flushes, though!

Maybe I should take a look at her and see what her aspects are.  She's a daughter of one of the Pleasant twins... hmm.

Edit:

Just checked Miranda.  Daughter of Angela (Pleasant) and Dustin Broke.
Libra
3  Sloppy/Neat
9  Shy/Outgoing
4  Lazy/Active
6  Serious/Playful
6  Grouchy/Nice

The two jerks:
Augie - Virgo
9  S/N
2  S/O
6  L/A
3  S/P
5  G/N

Asher - Gemini
4  S/N
7  S/O
8  L/A
3  S/P
3  G/N

The two guys had the same Serious/Playful, and close on a couple of others, but they're not even close to what Miranda has in hers.  I have only seen sims shower flush occassionally, and Miranda was one I remembered that did this.  The fact that I remembered that she did shows how little I've had this happen in any of my hoods!  Especially since I'm rotating 6 of them right now! 

I don't even remember who's kid belongs to who when they come back from Uni unless I put them back at home (if that's where I'm putting them) right after they graduate and before I go to the next hood.  I play the college last when I'm playing a hood since I play a whole year per a day in the hood.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 28, 14:18:55 by ElviraGoth » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 28, 14:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it may be a combination of lowish nice and highish fun!  The sort of thing that in humans would definitely cause them to think that sort of thing is funny!

I use the be used sometimes if I want them to go AT ONCE - say if they are getting married or having a party - I mean, how disconcerting to be left at the altar because your fiance just HAD TO GO!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 28, 14:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!  Can't get married - got to GO!  No, I mean GO!  To the bathroom!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 May 28, 14:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly!  How can a sim get furious with a LOO!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 May 28, 14:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly!  How can a sim get furious with a LOO!

Well, I've heard stories of a D&D player attacking a gazebo!  Tongue

Let the Beast inside you free!
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 May 28, 14:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or jealous of it!

Dr. Beast - you have to keep and eye on those gazebos.  They can get pretty mean somtimes!  Wink

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 May 28, 14:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Specially those with an attached portaloo!  Hey, I miss those portaloos!  And those sims1 sims really knew how to unclog a toilet!

Elvira, those two jerks are very different, the gemini is understandable, he seems a bit nasty to me!    But the Virgo - maybe it's down to his supercleanliness, he just feels the need to flush an unflushed loo.  Have you tried the always flush toilets hack from DJSSims?  If you had that in your game, thre wouldn't be any unflushed loos around.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 28, 14:55:51 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 May 28, 14:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the BUY in about a dozen houses, just to test it on a wide variety of sim types.  Now I have some who will use the toilet (need to) then take a bath when they don't need to, just because they're in the room at the time.  Almost full hygeine bar (still in the green), same for comfort bar - I assumed it's because they have high neatness.  But they wouldn't have taken a bath at that hygeine level otherwise.  And in their queue it showed the bathroom controller over the take bath icon.
If a sim doesn't have anything better to do, because there are no orders after "Be Used", he's much more likely to take a supposedly unnecessary bath, because he didn't have anything better to do anyway, so why not max out the meter whiel you're there?

But I still don't get WHY they do it.  Other 3 LB sims will go into the BR and stand and watch their heartthrob take a shower, not flush the toilet just for the heck of it or use it if they don't NEED to.  I still think these two are just sadists!
Your mistake is that you're trying to look for logic in a sim's actions. A sim always finds the most stupid, useless thing to do, and then does it. This is because "Free Will" is essentially an "idle" behavior. This is why sims wait for ages before finally deciding to do something if you fail to give them orders, instead of doing something right away: It is not intended to do something useful, it's intended to annoy you into telling them to do something intelligent.

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 May 28, 15:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes, the mistaken logic principle.  I guess since I hadn't seen any sims do this before I got lured into a false sense of logic.  I was just getting to the point of thinking that they might do things based on what I had told them to do previously - as in learned behavior.  Like when they have a baby, it seems like if it's the first one, I have to tell them to feed it, put it in the crib, etc., but after that they seem know to when do it themselves, for that baby and any that come after it.

Silly me!

I usually queue up a few actions for them, unless I start them skilling, just to keep them moving and not standing around idle, but lately I've taken to watching them act on their own for a couple of sim hours at a time, just to see what they'd do.  (These are still the only two sims who do this, though.)

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 May 28, 15:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's just that the loos weren't flushed by the previous user?  If you queue a sim to go to the loo and the option to flush is there, you probably tell them to do so, but in a dorm with dormies wandering around peeing all the time, what can you expect?  turn your dorm into a house and evict the darn dormies and send them to work in a shop!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 May 28, 23:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, alas, no dormies, but that's a good idea, ZZ!

6 rooms in the dorm, all occupied by my sims, so I don't even see dormies this time around!

I don't know if the throne needed to be flushed, though.  He flushed it before I realized what he was going to do!  I just thought he was going to use it!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 May 28, 23:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you would, wouldn't you!  But have you noticed since OFB how often if one half of the duo is sleeping, the other one immediately decides it would be a good idea to go and relax on the bed?  they may be really tired, but it never occurs to them to SLEEP in it!

Sometimes I think sims1 sims had more sense, when they were exhausted, they sprouted a picture of their bed, and immediately went and slept in it!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 May 29, 12:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the sleeping/relaxing thing with only one or two of my couples, and they're the 3 LB ones.  One of those I played last night.  She was PG and was sleeping a lot, of course, and he'd go relax on the bed beside her every time, even if his comfort level was high and he wasn't even close to being tired.

But I see a lot more of sims going and relaxing on the bed when they should be going to sleep!  I see the bed icon queue up and think they're going to bed, then after a bit I think the game should be going into speed 3 for the night and it doesn't.  Sure enough, the stupid sim is relaxing, almost to full red in his energy bar.  Cross out the relax icon and he gets up and beefs about being dead tired!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 May 29, 12:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the Sleep Clock and quit whining.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 May 29, 13:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, JM, perhaps you could find out why this is happening WITH the sleep clock?  The silly sim STILL goes and relaxes on the bed, the Sleep clock appears in his queue, but he just continues to lie there instead of standing up and getting into bed!  I don't like using MAX unless I have to as they then don't complete tasks I've queued for them to do.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 May 29, 13:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recommend also denying autonomous access to the bed as well, so sims don't stupidly screw around with it unless told to.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 May 29, 13:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

with it or IN it?

Zephyr Zodiac
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 May 29, 16:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lazy sims will sometimes relax on a bed if their comfort level is down. And if they're already on a bed they'll ignore the sleep clock.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 May 29, 17:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the problem I was explaining already!  And mine do it when they are almost full on comfort!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: