More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 12:21:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Jitters
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jitters  (Read 9826 times)
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Jitters
« on: 2006 May 23, 21:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can one of you code guru's tell me exactly what triggers jitters?

I know you have to drink coffee or expresso to get it, but what triggers it?  drinking coffee at a red energy state?  if you drink coffee with a green energy bar, do you still get jitters? 

Inquiring minds an all of that.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Jitters
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 23, 21:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, I've never seen any of mine get these jitters, but I am wondering whether it depends on the graphics card.  Since getting my new PC, I instantly noticed when Don Lothario was doing his sexy walk on the way to flirting with Nina, but I'd never really noticed that before, at least not to that extent.  It may be that I couldn't see the jitters, either, although I have a feeling they have to drink several cups of espresso before it happens and mine rarely do except occasionally on community lots.  I will try to remember to check it next time I play.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 23, 22:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tends to happen if they drink espresso autonomously and you queue them to do something before they've finished.  It doesn't seem to happen if you use macrotastics and queue macro-caffeinate.

Zephyr Zodiac
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 23, 22:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, it seems every time a sim drinks espresso, jitters ensue.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I direct them to drink it or whether they do it autonomously.  I couldn't say if it's the same with coffee, because I never buy the coffee machine.  IMO it's a waste of simoleans - takes too much time to drink coffee, and there's not enough increase in energy to make it worthwhile.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 23, 22:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only seen pregnant sims get the jitters...

ISFJ
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 23, 22:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, from what I've seen personally, it's mainly when they rush drinking the coffee for some reason, but since I installed the coffeecup hack it seems to happen less frequently.

Zephyr Zodiac
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 23, 23:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims get the jitters only if they're drinking a cup of coffee or espresso, and I cancel the action. It's like they try to chug the whole cup and get a severe caffeine rush.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 23, 23:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'd agree with that, it's the same as telling them to do something when they drink espresso autonomously, they gulp it down and get the jitters.  Maybe the caffeine rush is too much for them to handle!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 24, 02:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims always seem to get the jitters when they drink coffee or espresso,  whether autonomously or directed, canceled or not.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 24, 04:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same as Pegasys here.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 24, 04:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims get the jitters only if they're drinking a cup of coffee or espresso, and I cancel the action. It's like they try to chug the whole cup and get a severe caffeine rush.

Same for me.  I've never seen them get it when I let them drink at their own leisurely pace.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 24, 04:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims invariably get the jitters with espresso, but I've never seen it with coffee.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 24, 05:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never use the little coffee machine, but like the others, my sims get jitters if I cancel out the autonomous action of drinking expresso at home. I have never seen it on a community lot either.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 24, 08:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The little coffee machine means your visitors can have coffee even if the Espresso machine is empty.  (I remember the good ole days of sims1, when all visitors could make espresso, and frequently broke the machine!  Now, visitors can't make espresso, and the machine never ever gets broken!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 24, 08:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, visitors can't make espresso, and the machine never ever gets broken!

Which is actually good, considering the hundreds of other items that get broken too damn frequently! Not to mention the hundreds of ways you can break the game if you're not properly armored with hacks!  Tongue
Regarding jitters, my sims drink espresso ecxlusively, through Macro...Caffeinate if they're at home, or from the espresso vendor if they're at a comm lot, and they always shake, rattle and roll with the last gulp!

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 24, 08:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it depends on what video vard you have, and what drivers?  I don't know if mine got the jitters less after installing macrotastics, or after installing my new driver (the same one that hides the fish!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 24, 08:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being an ATi user (Radeon 9600 Pro), I've never experienced any driver problems or quirkiiness, heh. Though I can't really remember if they had jitters when I had the old graphics card (Radeon 9200). And I've never, EVER had a fish tank in my game!

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 24, 12:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my NVidia never gave me any trouble until Microsoft told me I needed new drivers, and apart from the fish tank it was fine with the new ones.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 24, 13:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims invariably get the jitters with espresso, but I've never seen it with coffee.

Same here.  I've also seen walk-by playables with the jitters, which amuses me -- I guess they're drinking espresso to stay awake until I get around to playing them again. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 24, 21:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen this before. What does it look like when a sim has the jitters?

Be your own fish.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 24, 21:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, how would you expect?  they shake and rattle and roll.....

Zephyr Zodiac
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 24, 21:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The graphics card should have nothing to do with jitters.  It's not a graphic problem.  

It's a reaction from drinking coffee or expresso.  I seem to be able to get them at home and on community lots.  Usually when i'm red on energy.  It happens only after a couple cups for me.

I was wanting to know if there is a greater likelihood of getting jitters with a lower energy bar than with a higher energy bar.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 24, 21:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm pretty sure it takes at least 2-3 cups of expresso to start the jitters -- I don't think I've ever seen them after just one cup. And never with the coffee pot.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 24, 21:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen it after one - and I don't mean to suggest that the graphics card causes it to happen - just it's easier to see with some than others.  (Also depends how close your zoom on the sim is.)

Zephyr Zodiac
WORF
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 24, 21:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a hack by Numenor that can stop the jitters or make them worse if you want.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=127719
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: