More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:53:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  problem with free will
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: problem with free will  (Read 4434 times)
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
problem with free will
« on: 2006 May 22, 18:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok this is a issue ive had for ages and i finally decided to try and fix it ,

sometimes for no apprant reason the free will just stops working . as far as i can tell there is no patten to this , just one miniute my sims are fine walking around taking care of themselves and the next they just stand there until i tell them to do somthing , they do however go to work on there own and use the bathroom (with bathroom uses you thing) whatever the promblem is does not affect vistors or toddlers ,

i am sorry for being so unawesome but i havent got a clue as to how to even start fixing this. i just wondered had anybody come across this before and if so what fixed it .
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: problem with free will
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 22, 18:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is usually the work of the non-Awesome. I would hazard a guess that some of the more dubious non-Awesome anti-autonomy hacks might be responsible. Alternatively, some very old outdated hacks or those for inappropriate game versions may also cause this. Check for updates.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 22, 19:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have been quite well behaved lately with my hacks. and spent ages sorting them out when i got ofb. but ive just been on sims clan installer thing and theres nothing i dont reconise(spelling)  at least nothing in  red

any clue as to what i might be lokking for ??

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 22, 19:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked every hack that you had installed before you added OFB to make sure that you have the most recent OFB-compatible version of that hack?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 22, 19:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, you could download the program for checking hack conflicts from SimWardrobe - it's available at Paladin's Place.

http://www.simwardrobe.com/

Zephyr Zodiac
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 22, 19:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when i got ofb i went through my hacks with a fine tooth comb and disabled anything that was supposed to be broke ,  then i went and got all the updated versions (where available) but there is always the possibility i missed something .

i guess im going to have to disable everything i do the whole put back in slowly thing arnt i . yuk

and i will try the program at simwardrobe . but these tend of programs tend to make my computer explode . usally resulting from user error ,

and thankyou guys , i expected to wait days for any kind of response ,
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 23, 01:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really, it's about the simplest program to use that you could find, and takes about a minute to run the check.  I used to use Paladin's programs all the time for Sims 1, and I've really missed having some kind of equivalent for Sims 2.  But this program is tiny, and shouldn't mess anything up!

Zephyr Zodiac
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 24, 20:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i dont know what i did but i managed to to break the program at sim wardrobe , it runs off about 2 seconds then i get a error message telling me it has encounted a promblem and needs to close (how polite)

i think im going to have to put fixing this on hold for now , ive got to much on to spend hours in front of pc wading though downloads
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 24, 21:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very odd.  It works fine for me.  Maybe you have something else running at the same time that causes a conflict?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: