More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:30:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]  (Read 807393 times)
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
Re: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
« Reply #550 on: 2008 September 05, 06:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give it another try. I did the usual steps involved with empty templates. Maybe I missed something.

Update : Yes same thing still. Placed the package file in the E001 folder in Program files, Deleted Character files and still a populated hood (deleted Neighbourhood folder in my documents to start fresh). After that failed again as a test I deleted the character files from the E001 folder in my documents and replacing the package there. Strange thing with that is the hood is still populated, but the character folder is empty. I even played with a family for a while and the character folder stayed empty. I'm assuming that's not good either.

I wish is knew what I was doing wrong since it's working for you.
You're suppose to put it in the E002 folder, the file is to remove the redundant townies and unnecessary families in the sim bin,
The Belladonna Cove empty template is coming, be patient.

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
SimFeliz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2008 September 05, 06:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I did mean E002. Ok now I understand I got the impression this was for an empty version of the new neighbourhood for AL. Now I know where I'm going wrong.

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2008 September 05, 07:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those that only want an empty Belladonna Cove, here it is:

Back up E001
put file in C:Programs/EA Games/The Sims 2 Apartment Life/TSData/Res/UserData/Neighborhoods/E001
Delete characters in Characters folder
delete Bella Donna Cove if you already have it in your neighborhoods folder in my documents.

Viola!

Edit:
There seams to be a glitch with the Apartments which I'm unable to fix, this involves owners that don't exist in the apartments.
I do however have an alternative for the fix.

Enter the affected apartments, changelotzoning residential, save then exit, bulldoze apartment then replace.

* Belladonna Cove Empty Template.rar (245.15 KB - downloaded 1434 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 15, 08:43:10 by Giggy » Logged

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2008 September 05, 14:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those that only want an empty Belladonna Cove, here it is:

Back up E001
put file in C:Programs/EA Games/The Sims 2 Apartment Life/TSData/Res/UserData/Neighborhoods/E001
Delete characters in Characters folder
delete Bella Donna Cove if you already have it in your neighborhoods folder in my documents.

Viola!

If we delete all the characters wont it delete all the families, there are 1 or two that I am interested in keeping.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2008 September 05, 14:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either delete all the characters or don't delete at all. If you delete everyone BUT the family you want to save you'll get a BFBVFS very quickly. Your precious family will be corrupt because they'll know and remember sims that won't exist anymore.

If you must save them, use sim surgery to clone them into bodyshop and just recreate them.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
FlyOnTheWall
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2008 September 05, 18:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, if I put in the template after I install Apartment Life and before loading my custom hood, I should be able to avoid having unwanted new households in my Sim Bin, right? I don't remember what I did for the previous EP.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2008 September 05, 18:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the idea, yes.  Smiley

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
rosylove
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2008 September 05, 23:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sorry to ask a stupid question,but what is the difference between the first and the second file you offered,Giggy?

And is it gonna be a problem if i dont delete the characters folder?
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2008 September 05, 23:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sorry to ask a stupid question,but what is the difference between the first and the second file you offered,Giggy?

And is it gonna be a problem if i dont delete the characters folder?

There's no point doing it unless you delete the characters folder.

Inteen for AL, yay!
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: 2008 September 06, 01:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first file (E002) gets rid of the 89 pre-made sims that are dumped into every single one of your hoods after loading them for the first time when you've installed AL. E001 instead is the empty neighborhood of Belladonna Cove. If you're never going to play there you only need to replace the E002 file. Wink
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2008 September 06, 02:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, these files for AL work perfectly for me, the newly created Social Townies created with my installed default replacement CAS faces all look much better, not to mention Jordi's name mod, that gets rid of the names Eaxis decides we should have. 
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #561 on: 2008 September 06, 21:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I followed these directions. Checked thrice for good measure, and I'm still getting the two dumb pets families: Kitty condo and forgotTheName. What have I forgotten, overlooked and/or missed.

EMPTY PETS TEMPLATE

Pets gives you several occupied houses. To get rid of them, delete the files in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\UserData\LotCatalog

The rest of the Pets sims come with the neighborhood.

Download: http://www.box.net/public/0g2fvth4pb

* Open C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\
    * Make a backup of the P001 folder
    * Open the P001 folder. Delete everything inside the Characters folder and delete the file P001_Neighborhood.package
    * Unzip the downloaded file, which is P001_Neighborhood.package. Place this into the P001 folder.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: 2008 September 07, 05:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I followed these directions. Checked thrice for good measure, and I'm still getting the two dumb pets families: Kitty condo and forgotTheName. What have I forgotten, overlooked and/or missed.

EMPTY PETS TEMPLATE

Pets gives you several occupied houses. To get rid of them, delete the files in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\UserData\LotCatalog

The rest of the Pets sims come with the neighborhood.

Download: http://www.box.net/public/0g2fvth4pb

* Open C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\
    * Make a backup of the P001 folder
    * Open the P001 folder. Delete everything inside the Characters folder and delete the file P001_Neighborhood.package
    * Unzip the downloaded file, which is P001_Neighborhood.package. Place this into the P001 folder.

You need to delete the contents of the lot catalog in P001 to get rid of them.

zoebme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2008 September 10, 11:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to delete the contents of the lot catalog in P001 to get rid of them.

Is that the one located at C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSDate\Res\UserData?

Edit: LOL. Thanks Emma. I realize now that my question was stupid, because it actually says that at the start of the quote. I hadn't read it properly and I guess I never put two and two together, because the cat lady and the guy with the dog don't actually come with a house, so I had also always wondered why these two were still everywhere. Well, I guess it is clear for everyone now!
« Last Edit: 2008 September 11, 08:27:42 by zoebme » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: 2008 September 10, 21:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it is.

Sarimar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2008 September 12, 07:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question: If I use the empty templates + noregen hacks, will I get the "necessary" amount of social groupies? I'm guessing the game needs a few of those or the apartments won't work properly.

And what about witches? Will the game generate them even with the empty templates and all hacks a simmer can have? I don't want them in my game, I hate all the supernatural stuff.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2008 September 12, 13:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question: If I use the empty templates + noregen hacks, will I get the "necessary" amount of social groupies? I'm guessing the game needs a few of those or the apartments won't work properly.

And what about witches? Will the game generate them even with the empty templates and all hacks a simmer can have? I don't want them in my game, I hate all the supernatural stuff.

From what I've seen, the game seems to spawn one SG townie per vacant apartment if you play an apartment lot, and none at all if you don't play apartment lots. At least I haven't seen any new townie type sims in my current hood except one garden club member that spawned for the initial greeting-after-move-in. Witches do spawn, so if you don't like them, you will need a hack to get rid of them. I haven't had a look at Twojeffs' updated Visitor Controller (simbology.com), but I'm pretty sure there it has a "Ban Witches" option.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

trlaavh
Asinine Airhead

Minion Power

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2008 September 12, 17:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Thanks Giggy! That was the last one I needed!  Grin

I really hate 'teh uber-ugly' eaxis sims... Angry

... Yes I overuse smileys.

My name is Elley, and I have come to annoy with stupid questions. Beware the Minion with access to the Sims 2.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #568 on: 2008 September 12, 17:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question, are the pre-made sims in E002 of AL, i.e. does E002 contain the "roomie" sims?

And, if you delete those, then I assume the game will auto generate new "roomie" sims... sort of the way the game will generate dormies when you go to a new dorm in Uni, correct?

Ste

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2008 September 12, 23:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct on both counts (AFAIK).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2008 September 13, 01:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am experiencing game crashes, even already on loading screen. The whole neighborhood becomes unplayable after it has crashed once. Since I took all downloads out to find the reason, I think it could be caused by something in the installation folder that has been changed. The AL templates were made with a not-yet stable version of SimPe, so they could be the reason. They might be not, maybe something is wrong with my hard disk. Just to exclude possible reasons I'm asking you who use this template: are you experiencing any crashes?
tamwilliams
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2008 September 14, 07:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using the template and I have not experienced any issues. The template is actually working great for me and I have created another custom neigborhood and townies.

-Tam

angelsfall
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2008 September 22, 16:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the empty Belladonna Cove templates, but when I try to bulldoze a couple of the apartment buildings, the game tells me I have to move out the families.  It's weird, the building thinks there is a family in it, but there's no family to move out.  So, I can't move the family the building thinks is in there and I can't bulldoze the building.  What did I screw up?
Mandylion
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2008 September 24, 09:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. So I did just like I was told to with the empty templates (AL) and all and now my game is only generating female townies. Any ideas of what's going on?
I have 38 new female townies that spawned when installing AL and after. Apparently the notownieregen doesn't do much good with this EP? Also, I have ONE warlock and one landlord (a female).
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2008 September 24, 12:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you had done "just like you were told to", your game wouldn't have spawned any townies at all unless you moved a sim into an apartment (in which case, the game would have generated one townie for each empty apartment on this lot). Notownieregen works as advertised.
Are you sure you really cleaned out your templates?

ETA: As for the female only townies - you don't happen to have the Visitor Controller or Customer Selector and accidently banned males from your lots?
« Last Edit: 2008 September 25, 08:51:13 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: