More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:40:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]  (Read 807411 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
« Reply #500 on: 2008 July 25, 10:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma, the third file down, the B001 file, 4shared says the link is invalid. I haven't tried further.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: 2008 July 25, 10:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit. Thanks witch, I dunno why they keep screwing up.

[edit] Reloaded Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 July 25, 10:25:38 by Emma » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2008 July 25, 11:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, cheers. That one works now.

I've just worked my way through the entire list and U001 and U003 are also showing off. All the others are fine.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: 2008 July 25, 11:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks witch, I'll reupload them now. Smiley

[edit] Done.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 25, 11:49:33 by Emma » Logged

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: 2008 July 25, 19:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the work of many fine people in this community. I upload only to save someone else the time sink of wading through the whole thread Smiley. These seem to be working fine in my neighborhood. I only have the 2 people I created in CAS and the 3 NPC's I've so far created.

Empty templates for Sims 2 through Freetime expansion (including the fake subhoods): http://gethanesims.prismbaby.com/files/emptyTemplatesThroughFT.rar

For pleasantview I've included the "emtpy" one that still creates pleasantview, and the Argon one that's cleaner for use when making custom neighborhoods. I hope I understood that correctly anyway.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2008 July 27, 16:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sumpsychochic, you just need to rename this file:

Code:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods\N001

to this:

Code:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods\N001-bak

That will prevent the default Pleasantview townies from spawning in new neighborhoods. For more info on creating clean custom 'hoods, check out this thread.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2008 July 27, 23:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry - typo on my part. Smiley The entire folder.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
BirmanKat
Asinine Airhead

Itinerant Lab Rat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: 2008 July 30, 05:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My thanks to all the folks here who tested these templates out, and/or cleaned them up.  I was looking to start a new game and have all EP's save Seasons, and all the Stuff packs (except Ikea (read I-Kill-Ya)) installed.  Now, If I read this right,

I rename The Sims Folder in My Documents,

Back-up all the neighborhoods from each expansion pack

Delete the Character folder and the ?00?_Neighborhood.package file from each of the EP directories

Place the empty template (IE the ?00?_Neighborhood.package file) that I downloaded into the respective folder for the EP

Start the sims going to generate all the files, then exit.

Then place my saved downloads folder in the new The Sims 2 directory (which contains the Selzi defluglified face templates.)

Go into the game once again and create a sim, plop him/her on a lot and spawn the townie maker.

Then make a batch of townies using the new face templates and the HPs replacement names.

Thanks to you PepsiHamster for asking the question that I was going to ask concerning the hobby masters.

Now for something totally different.  I am thinking of setting up my old site K & B Designs, and am asking if I could put the files for the clean and empty neighborhoods up their.  I would give credit to all of you who contributed, and claim none for me, save the holding of them  Smiley.  Trying to get them all off of 4 shared, and fishing for them through the thread (23 pages or so Oy!) was a royal pain in the backside, And if I can help anybody else avoid that problem I would feel better.  Not to mention helping out all of you folks in return for doing this for the simming community. 

Birman Kat

All Empty templates are hosted on my site with permission of the makers of them.  Go to  K and B Designs at http://kandbdesigns.vndv.com/index.html    and go to Template area.  They are sorted for you.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #508 on: 2008 July 30, 06:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Birman Kat, if you want to host the files, that would be great Cheesy

BirmanKat
Asinine Airhead

Itinerant Lab Rat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: 2008 July 30, 21:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Birman Kat, if you want to host the files, that would be great Cheesy

Ok, then I need all the files that I can get my claws into.  I already grabbed the ones that were up on 4 shared, urk...  I hope that I can locate the ones that Argon did for all the neighborhoods, from Base to Seasons, and anyothers too.  I will also need a list of the hacks that are going to be needed to keep the game from going up in a BFBVFS.  I hope that I will not come to regret this offer of help in the future.  K & B Designs  (Read it  Kalico and Birman Kat Designs, NOT Kitchen and Bath)  was originally set up top showcase any creations by my wife (Kalico Kat from MTS2) or myself.  Now I am going to be using it to help anybody else avoid having to slog through over 20 + pages to get the files needed and the methods to use them.

Birman Kat

All Empty templates are hosted on my site with permission of the makers of them.  Go to  K and B Designs at http://kandbdesigns.vndv.com/index.html    and go to Template area.  They are sorted for you.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #510 on: 2008 July 30, 22:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have every empty neighbourhood template on my 4shared, including Argon's empty pleasantview and his BV ones too. Which ones are you missing?

BirmanKat
Asinine Airhead

Itinerant Lab Rat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: 2008 August 01, 09:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have every empty neighbourhood template on my 4shared, including Argon's empty pleasantview and his BV ones too. Which ones are you missing?

I noted in one of Argons posts that he had done all the hoods from base to Seasons done just like his clean hood of pleasentview and the Bon Voyage one.  I would like to get my hooks into those too, to give people a choice of flavor.  Plus if you have any others that have been cleaned (ie maxis only families with now fuglified townies that would be a help.  Sorry if I am not making much sense now.  Been up for almost 36 hours and working on vapors right now.

Also, went to your spot on Laverwinklesims and DLed  all the hobby masters that you made, Thank for doing that.  Will be registering there when my brain is fully funtional.  Most likely need at least 12 hours of sleep for that.

Ciao fer naio

Birman Kat

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: 2008 August 01, 13:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if Argon ever released those ones-you could try pming him, but I don't know how active he is here right now. The cleaned up templates are at Crazy Town. Find Sleepycat as she has them linked in her signature I think. I am pretty sure she has uploaded them at CT too.

BirmanKat
Asinine Airhead

Itinerant Lab Rat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: 2008 August 02, 19:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if Argon ever released those ones-you could try pming him, but I don't know how active he is here right now. The cleaned up templates are at Crazy Town. Find Sleepycat as she has them linked in her signature I think. I am pretty sure she has uploaded them at CT too.

Will do and thanks.   I want to announce here that K and B Designs is now up and running at http://kandbdesigns.vndv.com/index.html  And has the files that I grabbed all sorted and ready for Download.  I will be working on a Tutorial for the simple folk but that will take a bit longer.  Thanks for all the help.

Birman Kat

BirmanKat
Asinine Airhead

Itinerant Lab Rat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #514 on: 2008 August 06, 22:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated my site with some new templates that Argon worked up.  K and B Designs now has all the templates there, and I will be doing up a tutorial soon, hopefully this weekend.  Not to mention I am going to try to get the walls floors, paintings, and such that my wife and I did up too.

Find the templates in the Empty Templates section at K and B Designs   http://kandbdesigns.vndv.com/index.html

Birman Kat

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #515 on: 2008 August 08, 06:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone done cleaned up Riverblossom Hills and/or Desiderata Valley? If not I will do some. If I can. Grin

BirmanKat
Asinine Airhead

Itinerant Lab Rat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #516 on: 2008 August 08, 06:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone done cleaned up Riverblossom Hills and/or Desiderata Valley? If not I will do some. If I can. Grin

If you find any, or do your own, let me know Grin and I will add them to the site for all to download... Grin  I have something important to do this weekend with my son, but I hope to get started on a few tutorials on using the templates, and getting either custom townies, or useing the face templates to get not so fugly ones  Wink Grin

Birman Kat

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #517 on: 2008 August 09, 11:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I will look around, and if I can't find any, will try and do some over the next week or so.

BirmanKat
Asinine Airhead

Itinerant Lab Rat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #518 on: 2008 August 13, 05:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I will look around, and if I can't find any, will try and do some over the next week or so.

I am not the only one who would say thanks for that one, Emma.  Please check the site in my sig to see if all the files are there and un-zip/rar properly.  I know there have been issues with some unpacking programs and hope that I have been of some help.

Birman Kat

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: 2008 August 13, 14:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I can't seem to find any via Google, so I shall be starting work on those next week at the latest. I'll send them to you as soon as they are done and tested Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2008 August 13, 15:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to Emma!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: 2008 August 13, 15:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to Emma!

*Emma moons Pescado

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2008 August 13, 16:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could we get a mod to edit the first post to include recent EPs and Emma's soon to be here (hint, hint) templates? Or would it be easier for someone to start a new thread once the new L&P EP comes out?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: 2008 August 13, 18:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could we get a mod to edit the first post to include recent EPs and Emma's soon to be here (hint, hint) templates? Or would it be easier for someone to start a new thread once the new L&P EP comes out?

Well, it would be easier for ME if someone else were to do it.   Tongue  However, I see the value of having an updated thread; I'll have it fixed up in about an hour.  A shiny new thread when the Apartments 'hoods are cleaned up does sound like a good idea, though.  Are you volunteering?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2008 August 13, 19:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone provides the templates, I don't know how to make them. :p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: