More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 02:51:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]  (Read 805829 times)
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
« Reply #325 on: 2007 December 18, 11:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably a stupid question, but will you still get the 'camera flying over neighbourhood' effect in the neighbourhood selection screen after installing the empty template?
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2007 December 18, 15:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been getting that effect in Pleasantview, the only one that I have worked with so far.

Has anyone else been getting weirdo errors that make no sense when using these templates? I have had squiggly thought bubbles, lost townies, lost families and errors galore in my brand new Pleasantview. I am reluctant to keep playing the hood because I am afraid I am going to get attached and then suffer a premature BFBVFS from which none can recover. But I don't want to give it up because it took days to get everyone settled in and set up with their sync timers & debuggers, etc.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2007 December 18, 17:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep having problems with the Pleasants' house. Every time I play it my computer freezes up or the game crashes (losing all progress).  It's quite frustrating. I have moved them out and back in but the lot remains a constant problem. Every other house plays just fine.

Edited to add: Okay, I was wrong. I am starting to have this problem with other households as well.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 29, 21:31:46 by KellyQ » Logged

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
runswithscissors
Asinine Airhead

Dude, wait...what??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: 2007 December 29, 21:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably a stupid question, but will you still get the 'camera flying over neighbourhood' effect in the neighbourhood selection screen after installing the empty template?

I still get the 'floating cam' in all the 'hoods.

I cannot for the life of me get to "Make me a townie..." It only wants to pick other people and not anyone I've created. (Got it!) Thanks BTW: SimPE for BV is now out!!!
« Last Edit: 2007 December 30, 05:34:40 by PiperJRL » Logged

N/A...huh?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2007 December 29, 22:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW: SimPE for BV is now out!!!

Umm, yea, we know: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,10496.0.html

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
runswithscissors
Asinine Airhead

Dude, wait...what??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: 2007 December 29, 22:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, Embarrassed I hadn't gotten there yet so I didn't see it.

N/A...huh?
JenL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2008 January 11, 18:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This link for the cleaned EAxis Neighbourhoods doesn't work for me (http://www.4shared.com/dir/2250323/a7d398b0/Temporary.html) - is anyone else having trouble? Have they been uploaded somewhere else?

I want to start playing Veronaville (for the first time in three years!) but not if it's going to erupt.

ETA: Never mind, found it on page 10!
« Last Edit: 2008 January 11, 22:57:34 by JenL » Logged
Berney
Blathering Buffoon

Not a Real Person

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2008 January 13, 05:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have posted an update for the Tutorial on how to create Clean Custom Neighborhoods and Create Townies. It is here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,10798.0.html
Azureale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2008 January 17, 22:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using Argon's clean/empty custom hood, is it suppose to create a neighborhood, N001, called Driftwood in place of "Pleasantville"?

Hi there. I end up with a N001 called Driftwood too.
As I use a french game maybe I should clean up N001 myself to keep the usual name for the neighborhood. Is there an explanation somewhere that could help me to do that ?

Thanks for any help.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2008 January 17, 23:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I know is that driftwood is one of the default terrains that come with the game.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: 2008 January 18, 04:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first post is a bit misleading. Argon's template is NOT an empty Pleasantview, as stated in the original post.

*THIS IS NOT PLEASANTVIEW, IT IS A TEMPLATE FOR CUSTOM NEIGHBORHOODS**

It replaces Pleasantview with empty Driftwood terrain, which is the flattest default Maxis terrain. If you want empty Pleasantview without premade Sims in it, you must use SaraMK's version instead of Argon's.

Azureale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2008 January 18, 08:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oups sorry for that dumb question. I must admit I had a hard time reading all of this and trying to figure out what I was supposed to download/install because my english is poor. I obviously missed things.

Thanks for your answers.
bratz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2008 January 19, 00:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDCMxVAAuaI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDCMxVAAuaI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2008 January 19, 22:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been meaning to use the clean templates for ages, now, with a reinstall it's coming to pass. Since there were no Maxis-only templates for Seasons available, I made mine according to the tutorial, you can get them here: Riverblossom Hills, "stealth" template.

Thank you! I've been combing this thread for these. I'll be damned if it isn't a morass in here...
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2008 January 21, 22:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its sad to say it worked for me, but now I have no one in my game, no Lothario, no Goths nothing.  So I have lost them for good.   Sad
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2008 January 21, 22:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is what is supposed to happen when you use the empty templates. That is also why you should always back up your files before you go mucking around with them. If you want to keep the Maxis playable Sims, you need to use the cleaned up templates instead.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2008 January 21, 23:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I get the cleaned up templates, wait I used the clean up templates, I dont get that.  Perhaps I installed wrongly then.  Huh

Which cleaned up templates do you mean?  I did make backups, so I can fix it.  But I am having a blonde moment, and totally dont understand what to do, and have asked and havent gotten a reply yet.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 21, 23:34:28 by missaaliyah » Logged
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2008 January 22, 02:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cleaned up templates include only the Maxis-made playable Sims and the NPCS/Townies they know. The download link for the original three neighborhoods is here. Install them like you would an empty template but instead of leaving the Characters folder empty, replace it with the one you downloaded.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2008 January 22, 02:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you.  I downloaded it and installed it first time around, but the file must have been corrupt cause there were no characters in it, just the neighbourhood packages.

Do I still need to create townies and NPC's then?
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2008 January 22, 13:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It worked for me, but I am getting a funny error, the sims I created in CAS are not working, it keeps on asking me to Cancel, Reset or Delete.

The NPC's created are excellent, all beautifully created sims, so are the townies, I think just one fuglier than others, and for some reason, one of my townies is Bella Goth.   Grin

[attachment deleted by admin]
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2008 January 31, 20:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, Argon did an empty Vacation neighborhood for Asian/Mountain/Island neighborhoods and the tourists/V neighborhood.

Has someone or would someone do cleaned/fixed ones? Someone did a cleaned for the V one only, but I've been having issues trying to make template NPCs with the Maxis ones after my amateur attempts to fix them.
Tragic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2008 February 01, 04:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been meaning to use the clean templates for ages, now, with a reinstall it's coming to pass. Since there were no Maxis-only templates for Seasons available, I made mine according to the tutorial, you can get them here: Riverblossom Hills, "stealth" template.

I'm kind of confused about this, I've downloaded both files and installed G002 just fine, but where do I stick the G001 files? Thanks Smiley
CAFlanny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2008 February 01, 05:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ tragic: You put them here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods.

Has anyone using the cleaned templates had problems with duplicate families from Pets, Seasons, and BV in the sim bin?  I can't seem to find anything on this problem.  Can I delete them or is it more trouble than it's worth?

ETA: I am dumb.  I forgot to remove my back ups from the game folders.  Oops.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2008 February 01, 15:13:24 by CAFlanny » Logged
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2008 February 02, 23:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are using the cleaned up templates, what is the total number of character files you should have in a new neighborhood? I wanna make sure I did it right.

Nevermind, I thought I had used the empty templates, but when my character folder ended up with files, so I THOUGHT I had done the cleaned templates. Nope. I was a mo and forget to delete the characters files on my Downtown and Uni, so I picked those character files up. Der. Starting over.

Also, FYI, the link to the Clean, Fixed templates for PleasantView, Veronaville, and Strangetown is borken.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 02, 23:31:18 by Jelenedra » Logged

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2008 February 03, 01:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, FYI, the link to the Clean, Fixed templates for PleasantView, Veronaville, and Strangetown is borken.

Sysa posted them here for download.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: