More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:36:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]  (Read 807424 times)
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
« Reply #225 on: 2007 September 15, 09:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick hackjob. Might work, might not. Same thing for other clean templates. Delete everything in your characters folder (I didn't include the traveller family for this one).

Don't blame me if your game becomes a BFBVFS.

EDIT:
So far so good. No extra townies were created when this neighbourhood was attatched. Time to see if it adds them when going on vacation.

EDIT Mk. 2:
The game WILL generate the tourists when you go on a vacation. They will have random hair, skintones, names, clothes...  and 12 families. Each have 4 sims in it.
The game adds 48 sims to your game. It can't be prevented with notownieregen. They must use a special rule.

Also, each family will consist of:
1 elder, 1 adult, 1 teen, 1 child.

So, this thus far has not made my game a BFBVFS.

And one other thing...

You WILL get INSANE lag when you go onto a vacation lot the first time while the game makes 48 sims.

* V001_Neighborhood.zip (133.42 KB - downloaded 756 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 September 15, 09:31:30 by IAmTheRad » Logged
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2007 September 15, 10:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the three vacation destinations. Same deal with these.
Delete all the characters in A001, M001, T001.

Did not test these for 'working'.

The locals might have different ways of working, so someone else can test these.

The two uploads I've made today are considered in-testing. And I'm not responsible if your game explodes into a BFBVFS.

And I'm not 100% sure I cleaned them the proper way.

* Vacation Clean.zip (462.46 KB - downloaded 765 times.)
SimFeliz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2007 September 15, 10:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you.

I will give this a test tonight. I only intend on using this on the stealth hood, as i can deal with the locals the game throws me. I just wanted to get rid of all the vacationers and make my own, but it doesn't seem possible right now.

One good thing I have noticed face templates work on the vacationers. Well it seems to be working as my tourists are good looking now.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2007 September 15, 10:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right now, I don't know if you can make your own vacationers. Perhaps you can, but I'd still prefer to wait until notownieregen (or perhaps it'll make something new like notouristregen, since I do believe they use a differnet code) is updated for BV so that tourists aren't randomly made. But it seems like a one time thing.

This way I could make families that actually look similar, and have the same last name.
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: 2007 September 15, 12:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right now, I don't know if you can make your own vacationers.
I tried this with CAS-sims who were transformed into townies previously. I made them into vacation sims using the NPC and townie gun, but they didn't know their proper dances and greetings. They were in the vacation locals pool, though, because my sims on vacation were able to invite them to a party in their vacation home. Maybe someone will come up with an updated version of Inge's teleporter shrub with a new (working) option "Make into vacation sims"? Cheesy
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2007 September 15, 19:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, that's the reason why. When a vacation local is created by the game, they get the proper dances, greetings for that particular region. However, if you generate a townie into a vacation sim, they are put into the tourist pool. The tourist pool is unique from the vacation locals pool. In fact, the locals pool has one thing the others do not. If you invite them over in your regular neighbourhood, you can invite them for a few days (and they WILL stay for a few days)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2007 September 15, 19:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a little lost between tourists, locals, vacations sims etc... Are you trying to say only locals (islanders, mountainers and asian people) can be invited over for 3 days ??
I'm asking because in my game (and without any mod at the time) locals and tourists could be invited for 3 days. In fact it was the only option, apart of talking to them on the phone. (by the way I was disappointed that this new and shiny option was not available for family and friends... maybe some modder could correct that ??)
Maybe I don't understand what you are saying...
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: 2007 September 15, 22:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, that's the reason why. When a vacation local is created by the game, they get the proper dances, greetings for that particular region. However, if you generate a townie into a vacation sim, they are put into the tourist pool.
Are you sure? When I click on "Make into vacation sim" there are four options - "Asia", "Mountains", "Tropics" and "Tourist", if I remember correctly. I'm sure I clicked on "Asia" (that's were my test-family was staying), and that ex-townie still didn't know the Asian bow ... Huh
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2007 September 15, 23:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure? When I click on "Make into vacation sim" there are four options - "Asia", "Mountains", "Tropics" and "Tourist", if I remember correctly. I'm sure I clicked on "Asia" (that's were my test-family was staying), and that ex-townie still didn't know the Asian bow ... Huh
[/quote]

Hmm... I'm totally non-awesome, but what tool are you using to do this? You mentioned the "NPC and townie gun" earlier... I'm not familiar with that particular tool? Is it a debug option or a downloadable thing?
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: 2007 September 16, 02:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: selzi

Hmm... I'm totally non-awesome, but what tool are you using to do this? You mentioned the "NPC and townie gun" earlier... I'm not familiar with that particular tool? Is it a debug option or a downloadable thing?
*LOL* That "NPC and townie gun" is the object that used to be the "NPC and townie tree". It's a debug object you can spawn when you enter the cheat "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true", then Shift-click on your sim and say "Spawn" >> "NPC and townie creator". In former EPs a tree appeared next to your sim, now it's a clone of the repoman's gun. You can create new NPCs and townies by clicking on that object, and there's one option "Make into vacation sim" which doesn't seem to work properly, though. Not that I had expected any different from EAxis ... Cool
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: 2007 September 16, 06:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone test this out for no more vacation tourists/locals regen?  Grin

-Attachment obsolete, use Pescado's mod instead-
« Last Edit: 2007 September 17, 03:28:52 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Sarimar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2007 September 16, 07:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, did I understand this correctly? The V001_Neighborhood.zip will give us the locals and hotel NPC's etc but no fugly tourists? The Vacation_Clean.zip will remove all BV NPC's, including locals and tourists? Just wanna make sure before I go installing anything.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2007 September 16, 08:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The neighbourhood removes: the townies, Hotel NPCs, and those other sorts. The locals were completely in the Vacation_Clean

I'm not 100% certain however, but I know with the V001_neighbourhood, the game generated new hotel NPCs only once (for antiredundancy), as well as only one tour guide. They're not contained in the actual vacation hood, but they're inside the regular 'stealth' hood.

Isn't it odd?

Anyways, I didn't exactly try the NPC and townie maker. My test was solely to make the neighbourhood clean.

Right now, I can't do a 'clean with playables' only, since some of the options that aren't in other clean neighbourhoods (added with BV, i guess) aren't documented in the QA yet, so I don't know what the heck it is.
Sarimar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2007 September 16, 09:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks Smiley I might give this a try, I want to throw up everytime I see those Maxis face templates in action.
An_na
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2007 September 16, 12:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could a kind and gracious or perhaps grumpy but willing, awesome person who has the Cleanedup/Fixed Maxis only Basehoods files please email me or post a link to the files? The link is the first post is empty.

*humbling bowing with gratitude*

- Chrisy

Me too, please! I'd be forever grateful if someone could post them.
Anilyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2007 September 16, 13:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also like to add a plea for the Cleaned Up/ fixed Pleasantview template.
SaraMk's original link is now empty.
Sysa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2007 September 16, 15:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sysa,
Thanks for posting these. My C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate folder only has a G002 file in it. Will it still function properly if I add the G001 folder you have created? Where did you find it??

The G001 folder goes to the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods folder, with the usual instructions (delete neighborhood.package and Characters folder, copy contents of rar into their place).

On another note, I've uploaded the Maxis-only original hoods here (and I have the others as well, if anyone needs them).
klmfrigate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2007 September 16, 16:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

anyway to get this in regular zip.  I've already used the temp winrare program over 60 days
An_na
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2007 September 16, 16:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a million, Sysa. You rock.

anyway to get this in regular zip.  I've already used the temp winrare program over 60 days

You can still use Winrar after the trial period. It will nag about registering, but it still works.
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2007 September 16, 16:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or failing that, try something better: http://www.7-zip.org/

SimFeliz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2007 September 16, 20:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will give it a try after work tonight.
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: 2007 September 16, 20:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed that J.M. Pescado updated his notownieregen hack for no more spawning of excessive vacation sims - does your version do the same thing?
Anilyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2007 September 16, 21:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On another note, I've uploaded the Maxis-only original hoods here (and I have the others as well, if anyone needs them).

Sysa, thank you.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: 2007 September 16, 21:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah he must have just done that today... use his instead, mine just erased the entire bhav.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2007 September 16, 22:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone more awesome than me makes a better clean neighbourhood for the BV lots, I'll recommend you use those too. I'll also remove the ones I put on MTS2 (they're the same version!)
However, I did make one with the traveller family inside of the game.
MTS2 has that one
« Last Edit: 2007 September 17, 00:00:59 by IAmTheRad » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: