More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:19:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  OFB Patch Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB Patch Crap  (Read 11019 times)
Soja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
OFB Patch Crap
« on: 2006 May 13, 18:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi!
My sims can't go to university because the grade bar is stuck. At first I thought it was because of a hack or so.
I reinstalled the whole game today and started it without any cc or mods and the problem is still there so I guess it must be FFS.

Just wanted to check if anyone else have had the same problem?
« Last Edit: 2006 May 13, 21:30:11 by emelien » Logged

Dang
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Family Fun Crap
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 13, 20:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think its a FFS problem because it doesn' work for me either. My grade meter is frozen also.
Soja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 13, 20:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When did your problems start then?

I know that mine worked fine before I installed FFS.

Dang
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 13, 21:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More than likely the problem started with the OFB patch since I only have awesome hacks and im playing on a fresh install.
Soja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 13, 21:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess that's a possibility. I know it worked when I had OFB installed but I don't remember if it was before or after I installed the patch.

Dang
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 13, 21:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem started for me with the OFB patch.

It's purely display by the way: the bar can be completely full and they do get an A+, but it is shown as only one third.
Soja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 13, 21:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's good to know. Then I can play with my sims in uni. Still very irritating.

Dang
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: OFB Patch Crap
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 13, 21:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you set the perfomance bar to full with twojeffs' college adjuster you can see the real level, but unfortunately this fix doesn't stick.

I don't have FFS installed, so I'm certain this was either new with OFB or the OFB patch (I seldom play Uni, so can't be sure when it started: I just noticed it two weeks ago).
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 13, 22:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem started for me with the OFB patch.

It's purely display by the way: the bar can be completely full and they do get an A+, but it is shown as only one third.

If you set the perfomance bar to full with twojeffs' college adjuster you can see the real level, but unfortunately this fix doesn't stick.

Thanks for pointing these things out, Jordi.
Soja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 13, 22:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have FFS installed, so I'm certain this was either new with OFB or the OFB patch (I seldom play Uni, so can't be sure when it started: I just noticed it two weeks ago).

It must have been with the patch then because I played with some sims in uni after I installed OFB.

Dang
Final Warrior
Blathering Buffoon

A Bastard and a Half

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 14, 00:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this exact same problem. I doubt it's because of any hacks though... probably OFB. Is there any known fix, outside of using the College Adjuster?

-- Griffinhart
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 14, 00:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard that using a NoCD crack would freeze the University grade bar.

But such an issue would be fixed with re-installing, if anyone used a different .exe to play in the first place.
Final Warrior
Blathering Buffoon

A Bastard and a Half

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 14, 05:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard that using a NoCD crack would freeze the University grade bar.

But such an issue would be fixed with re-installing, if anyone used a different .exe to play in the first place.

Or replacing the NoCD .exe with the original, if a person using a NoCD was smart enough to back-up their originals.

-- Griffinhart
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 14, 06:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the original exe, so that's not it.
Xuriel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 14, 07:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I don't want to throw a monkey wrench in here but...

*throws monkey wrench in anyway*

Is this supposed to be an universal problem?  I have OFB and the patch and so far I haven't gotten any problems with the grade bar being stuck.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 14, 20:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's certainly not universal, my sister doesn't have this issue on her PC for one in an otherwise identical install (different PCs though).
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 14, 22:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB, patched, no FFS - and no problems with the grade bar.  In fact, I just completed the ultimate weekend of torture by forcing myself to play nothing but Uni this weekend so I could graduate four YAs. 
Soja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 15, 07:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have downloaded the college adjuster now so I just send my sims to uni and make them graduate. It's hard to play when you can't se how well they're doing. I don't find uni very fun in the first place, I just want the benefits.

Dang
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 15, 14:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've graduated approx. 20 YAs since installing OFB and FFS, with no problems with the grade bar .... until this weekend.  Now I have 2 like that.  As folks have said, you can still get them to achieve a 4.0 for the semester -- you just can't see what their actual grade bar setting is unless you take them to a community lot, so you really have to stay on top of them and get that term paper written and assignments done.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 15, 14:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using College Rampage just to help me with the utter boredom of Uni, and it works great to get their grade meters full and ready for the final, with about 40 hours to go before the final usually.  The only time I ever saw that break was with the NL patch breaking the final exams.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 15, 15:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you just can't see what their actual grade bar setting is unless you take them to a community lot, so you really have to stay on top of them and get that term paper written and assignments done.

Hmm… it may actually make uni a little challenging if you look at it like that. Maybe *gasp* make it worthwhile to actually play!
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 15, 18:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I ever saw that break was with the NL patch breaking the final exams.
Do you have FF, Blue?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 15, 19:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 21, 19:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't have the OFB patch installed, and the only problems I've come up against at Uni were ones I had in previous games.  Firstly, problems with the Brights, who no matter what I did, and how hard I made them work, kept reverting to around 3.4.  I'd use the college Adjuster, they'd be fine until they took their exam, then back down again.  I moved them into a new house, and the problem persisted, so it wasn't related to the lot.  I moved Castor in with them, he had no trouble getting 4.0 s.  In the end I had to cheat to get the three of them graduated Summa cum Laude, and I think that Maxis have either deliberately or accidentally messed with their coding. 

Conversely, the Greek houses had opposite problems, as after Heather and Brittany had three fights, all of which Heather won, I moved her and Tiffany out and locked Brittany in the house, only unlocking the front door when it suited me.  However, although I'd got her grades down to about 1.3, when I let her go to an exam, she went straight up to nearly 3.0, even though her performance bar was still empty, and she hadn't gained either of the skill points she needed.  And the nasty little sim only spun a "do assignment", "write term paper" want when she had about thirty sim minutes to go before the final exam, so I ended up having her jack it all in!  And she's now sitting ignominiously in the bin in Pleasantview waiting for her turn to be an employee - which since even if she appears in an employment list, she won't be!  Since I can't be bothered to go to all the trouble of nuking memories this time around, she can just sit there until Armageddon!

Anyway, I tend to think the problem has been there all along, and came with Uni itself.  It may be that some houses and some installs are worse than others, and once the sims have been on an affected lot, it somehow gets into their coding.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: