More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:17:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  ooh, a mystery hack!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ooh, a mystery hack!  (Read 5895 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
ooh, a mystery hack!
« on: 2006 May 02, 02:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm going through my Hacks subfolder, installing more recent versions of my FFS hacks from the Director's Cut, when I come upon something called Live.package. There's no info attached to the file as far as Clean Installer will show me, and I'm totally lost as to the function of this package. Did a search in various places but came up empty. For now I'm leaving it enabled, but if anyone has a clue as to what it is, I'd love to know! Thanks!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: ooh, a mystery hack!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 02, 03:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never heard of it.  I wouldn't leave it enabled if you don't know what will happen.  Or upload it and maybe someone awesome can take a look at it in SimPE.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 02, 03:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that might be the censor blur removal thing by ummm Quaxi?

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 02, 03:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the NPC/Townie better names file, probably by Jordi. It's at MTS2 and VS.

ETA: Here's the thread at MTS - http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=110889

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 02, 03:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I believe we have a winner! I had just re-downloaded Jordi's name file and sure enough the package in the zip file is called Live. At least I know I don't have to install it again. Silly Jordi for not annotating his package! Thanks guys!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 02, 03:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kept forgetting what it was too but when I renamed it to something that would help me remember, I started getting a bunch of Blazej Alemahzaoijdsfslkdf names again. It didn't occur to me until just now to put a text file with it so I would stop trying to delete it or rename it all the time.  Smiley

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 02, 05:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a readme file in the zip :p
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 02, 06:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True Jordi, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who reads the readme once and then deletes it. Readme's never actually make it into my Downloads directory, and besides, they're all named the same so they'd get overwritten with every new piece of content I add. Most hacks have filenames that at least give a clue as to their purpose  Kiss
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 02, 06:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect it is called Live.package for a reason.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 02, 06:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes sense JM...

Maybe there'd be a way to append a description to the file like other packages have, where that text shows up in Clean Installer? Just wondering...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 02, 08:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the same problem.  I now have a text file named Live.txt so hopefully I'll remember what it is from now on.  BTW, is that "live" with a short i or long i?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 02, 14:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rename the readme's so they have the same name as the hack - apart from the txt extension. That way they show up next to it in a file list as well.  It's annoying at the time, but worth it long term.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 02, 16:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried but never could get this mod to work reliably if it has any name other than Live.package, or I'd name it something like betternames.package.

And sure I /could/ add a "copyright" section but why? People are free to copy it as they like, as long as they don't claim to be the original author and give some credit. Creative Customs is all about sharing.

jennydeenyc: If I knew how to add one, I'd do it. Not that I am too interested in going back to this though… if XP4 breaks it somehow I'll update it for sure, but until then I'll let it be. I prefer playing over "modding" (not that it is something as good as Pescado etc. can do, it's just a text mod).
SimMoon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 02, 18:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect it is called Live.package for a reason.

ummmm... it has cockroaches?

The Sims 2 Elegance
There's a hole in the world tonight; don't let there be a hole in the world tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------
Eagles 2005 Farewell Tour
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 03, 00:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<TS2/XP install path>\TSData\Res\Text\Live.package holds the name lists for townies. For some reason this mod doesn't seem to always work unless the same file name is used.

I probably should put this info in the readme or something.
Ashleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 03, 04:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went in and manually replaced my own version of this hack in the original Live file so it will never generate any Berjes or Abjiheets for me ever again in this life or any other. (Unless I don't deleteallcharacters in a new neighborhood. Then here come the Caryls.)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: