More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:20:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Neighborhood History
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Neighborhood History  (Read 14706 times)
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Neighborhood History
« on: 2006 April 30, 21:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading a thread on repairing Sim DNA in Strangetown, I started wondering if there's a website that tells the "Official" story about all the Maxis neighborhoods. Like what's happened pre-game to lead everyone to the place they are now. Is there a link to something like this or has anyone poked around in their game long enough to kind of work out what the heck is supposedly going on?

We all know Skip Broke had an "accident" and that Bella was abducted by aliens etc. But is there more?

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Neighborhood History
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 30, 23:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some really good threads on N99 with this kind of info. They're hard to find tho, as they're all mixed in with other stuff. This is one:

http://p218.ezboard.com/fstarlightsimsfrm51.showMessageRange?topicID=10710.topic&start=21&stop=40

Ruann is the way knowledgeable one so maybe a search on the name will bring up some of the others. There was one not all that long ago with a detailed account of Bella. Great thread - I hope it hasn't dropped off. Wish I'd saved it.

Unsouper
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 01, 01:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm knowledgable???

*hides in fear*

Grin

All of the official stories are actually right there in the game in front of you.  All you need to do is read the actual storylines at the beginning of each neighborhood, the Sim Biographies, examine the Sims memories, and take a look in the screenshots created for the default families.  It will give you a very good idea what has happened in the lives of your Sims.  The memories do have the occaisional glitch (Alexander Goth is firmly convinced that Bella taught him two of his toddler skills, but Mortimer is firmly convinced that he taught him two of them as well), but for the most part they all work out.

Also, family trees.  Very helpful!

EDIT:  Michael Bachelor's Urn was the other thread you were looking for.  Wink
http://p218.ezboard.com/fstarlightsimsfrm51.showMessageRange?topicID=10525.topic&start=1&stop=20

If people are actually interested I can compile my own theories, but other than relating what is in the stories and in the memories, everything I write is just a theory on it.  I'm too tired to do it now (been up for 22 hours), but I can look into it.  At least for Pleasantview.  I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about Strangetown, and I've never played Veronaville.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 01, 01:55:12 by Ruann » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 01, 01:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm inclined to believe Alexander's version. Mortimer always struck me as a little senile.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 01, 02:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 01, 05:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I didn't mean to scare you. ;)

And yes, you are. It's there in game, but not compiled. Your summaries are very handy. I'd love to see compilations - maybe a summary of what's in the game itself, and then your own theories? Would be a great faq or something of the kind.

That is indeed the thread. Thanks for the link! <vows to save it properly this time.>

Unsouper
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 01, 20:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question for anyone who plays Veronaville:

What's supposed to be the punchline of Antonio Monty's family story?  His bio talks about the mysterious, possibly Capp-induced death of his wife Hero.  Benedick's bio mentions something about him being important to solving the question of his mother's death.

Well, Hero doesn't have a tombstone, so her ghost isn't talking, and she has no character data, according to SimPE.

?
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 02, 08:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If people are actually interested I can compile my own theories, but other than relating what is in the stories and in the memories, everything I write is just a theory on it.  I'm too tired to do it now (been up for 22 hours), but I can look into it.  At least for Pleasantview.  I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about Strangetown, and I've never played Veronaville.

Oh, pls do so when you have the time. I would love to read it. It would be a fun read  Grin

Go Away
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 02, 14:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would find that very interesting too, once you've gotten a reasonable amount of sleep Wink

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 02, 14:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's supposed to be the punchline of Antonio Monty's family story?  His bio talks about the mysterious, possibly Capp-induced death of his wife Hero.  Benedick's bio mentions something about him being important to solving the question of his mother's death.

I play Veronaville and I have no idea - I didn't even notice these bits to tell the truth.  I assumed it was just random stuff written to justify making them enemies.

Incidentally - did your romeo and juliet end up together?  When I added OFB, Romeo only has 1 bolt for Juliet, so it doesn't look good.  Mind you she's already pregnant, so he's gonna be a dad anyway.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 02, 17:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to read a compilation!  I never really gave the default neighborhoods much thought prior to reading the Sim DNA thread, to be honest. I always create my own neighborhood and characters because the thought of having to go through and kill off or repair Maxis' fugly little monsters is a bit exhausting.

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
SimMoon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 02, 18:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hehehe

I nuke them all and make my own. I learnt this real good from JM. Dint I? LOL!!

Remember Overflowing neighborhoods? Hah! I had an entire population of Rhode Island living in Veronaville and I only had 3 Sim Familys (9 Sims) in Veronaville. The rest was "made by Maxis/EA". So I nuked it and started over.

SimMoon

The Sims 2 Elegance
There's a hole in the world tonight; don't let there be a hole in the world tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------
Eagles 2005 Farewell Tour
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 02, 18:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incidentally - did your romeo and juliet end up together?  When I added OFB, Romeo only has 1 bolt for Juliet, so it doesn't look good.  Mind you she's already pregnant, so he's gonna be a dad anyway.

My Juliet ended up with Romeo through default lol.  I had her fall in love with one of my 3rd generation born-in-game sims at Uni (Romeo didn't get the grades) and they had 3 bolts.  After graduation they moved back to Veronaville and on the eve of their wedding he diied of electrocution tryng to repair the pc so he could find a job.  When Juliet found him she called on Romeo to console her in her grief and they got together.  She married him while in the later stages of pregnancy (I really wanted David to be the father but it didn't happen) and there was a huge fight at the wedding between Patrizio and Consort Roll Eyes

I hadn't played with Antonio and the children much so I had forgotten about the mystery of Hero's death.  He is now remarried to one of my b-i-g sims so I must check it out.

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 02, 18:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my neighborhood, Juliet ended up with a CAS sim and Romeo is with Bottom Summerdream because she's a Romance sim like him. I had originally wanted Romeo and Juliet to end up together, but while I was constructing my Veronaville Marriage Chart I found it wouldn't work out well that way if I wanted to have subsequent generations that weren't all related to each other.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 02, 20:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ruann, I'd definitely be interested in hearing all the stories about Strangetown and Pleasantview.  I recently merged the two neighbourhoods into one and I have no idea what to do first, or what's been happening so far.  So, I've just been building lots for them all until I find out what the back stories were.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 02, 21:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just sent Romeo, Juliet, and Miranda Capp (I think she's an interesting looking Sim) to college.  They're roomates.

My Romeo and Juliet have negative chemistry (as expected), but they're in love anyway.  I made Juliet check Romeo out while they were still just best friends, and she gagged.  Not 30 seconds later, she gave him a kiss, and they fell in love  Roll Eyes
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 03, 04:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Miranda Capp (I think she's an interesting looking Sim) to college.

By "interesting" do you mean horrible and terrifying?

In my game Miranda has married Mercutio Monty. Freaktastic children are on the way.

My Romeo and Juliet have negative chemistry (as expected), but they're in love anyway.  I made Juliet check Romeo out while they were still just best friends, and she gagged.  Not 30 seconds later, she gave him a kiss, and they fell in love  Roll Eyes

I originally wanted to have Romeo and Juliet fall in love and then, you know, run with scissors together or something, but I didn't have the heart in the end.  Undecided

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 03, 04:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave Miranda a modest facelift - softened her jawline and made her lips a little less... whatever they were before  Cool

Now, she still looks "unique", but not as likely to give birth to circus freak babies.

And while I was at it, I gave Romeo a much-needed nosejob. 
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 03, 04:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave Miranda a modest facelift - softened her jawline and made her lips a little less... whatever they were before  Cool

The phrase you're looking for to aptly describe Miranda & her mom's lips is "catbutt face."  Lips sealed I saw the phrase once describing an annoying mother inlaw and thought it was quite appropriate.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 03, 07:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Facelifts Hmm.  I don't have Uni, so that's beyond me.  Romeo's nose has kind of grown on me and I like Miranda.  Bianca's the one I played most - she got married to Oberon(!) had 3 kids, broke up and got together with Kent.  She's well on her way to 10 kids, so I hope her LTW doesn't turn out to be captain hero.  Patrizio died of old age during the headmasters visit and Isabella is happily looking for a new husband.  Elderly gent in a kilt and mustache is front runner - he's a popularity sim.  Her new LTW turned out to be marry off 6 kids, which I changed to own 5 businesses yesterday - romeo does OK as a barman!  Consort is enaged to one of 6 iredheaded sisters who is also a fortune sim Wink

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 03, 08:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you guys have been talking mostly about Strangetown & Veronaville but I would also be interested in hearing about the deal with the Tricou family - I found the inspiration for the names a while back (do a search on Tricou name inspiration or something) but I still have no idea why they all died. I never saw the ghosts either so I don't know how they died.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 03, 09:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bianca's the one I played most - she got married to Oberon(!) had 3 kids, broke up and got together with Kent.  She's well on her way to 10 kids, so I hope her LTW doesn't turn out to be captain hero.

I can't believe your Bianca married Oberon! Whatever happened to Titania then?

Bianca was the VERY FIRST sim I played and she died of hunger on like, the first day. I learned the painful way that the hunger bar in Sims2 moves down faster than the one in Sims1 did. I resurrected her after I got university and she and Kent Capp now have three children: Chimera, Corinth, and Camden (I really like alliterative names). Her LTW was the easy-to-manage golden anniversary one so she's happy.

- WC Fields
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 03, 18:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe your Bianca married Oberon! Whatever happened to Titania then?

Bianca was the VERY FIRST sim I played and she died of hunger on like, the first day. I learned the painful way that the hunger bar in Sims2 moves down faster than the one in Sims1 did. I resurrected her after I got university and she and Kent Capp now have three children: Chimera, Corinth, and Camden (I really like alliterative names). Her LTW was the easy-to-manage golden anniversary one so she's happy.

Bianca was the very first Sim I ever played, too!  Grin  I thought something terrible would happen if I didn't get her married right away like she wanted, so I had her fall in love with the first guy who walked past her house.  I had no clue she already had a crush on Kent, but he's kind of fugly.  Anyway, she married a townie.  Can't remember his name... brown hair, brown eyes, medium skintone, Business career, added around 19K.

As for Oberon and Titania, they were never even married, and they don't mind sleeping around  Tongue
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 03, 20:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, Elvie, you're keeping the storyline of Verona close to their play?
 Grin
Call me an English-teacher-freak (I know I am), but it really annoys me that Veronaville is based on Shakespeare's plays but Maxis didn't bother to proofread...How are Benedict and Beatrice supposed to fall in love and end their "play" happily if they're siblings? etc. I'm all set to change everyone's names so I can arrange things properly..maybe B&B will be my Sebastian and Viola (then I'll need a Duke Orsino, a Lady Olivia, Sir Toby Belch, and more) Ooh, I'm suddenly inspired!
 Grin

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 03, 22:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you guys have been talking mostly about Strangetown & Veronaville but I would also be interested in hearing about the deal with the Tricou family

Me too! But I don't think there is much on the Tricou family - they don't really have a storyline and as they're dead, there's a limited amount of info available (they don't much remember anything and aren't even all married properly when you resurrect them.) All I could really get was the order in which they died and that none of them knows the person in the other grave (Rainelle Neengia), and surely someone should?

And I loved your info on the names. They're the only family I've ever played with no "hook" (usually either Maxis provides one or I've got one when I create a CAS sim) so after I resurrected the family, I kinda stared at them, wondering how to play them for awhile. Finally, based on the books the names come from, I decided they were most like a family from late medieval/early Renaissance Italy (like the Borgia's) suddenly resurrected into my more modern neighborhood. I haven't read that many of the books, or I'd include more of that Smiley

Jon Smith (he's family in my game) I figure for the "old aristocracy" side - he's unhappy that he only has daughters. No son to carry on the family name and not thrilled with his grandson (who wants to be a celebrity chef and doesn't care about the mansion/family at all Wink That's why he had all those townie children on the wrong side of the blanket and now he's hoping for a grandson he can "adopt" and will make a great duke. All his wants have to do with having grandchildren, although he's doing his part trying to build back their fortune by getting to the top of the criminal career (duke's are politicians and all politicans are criminals Wink

Jennicor is the "new money" - from a merchant family and married (arranged) to Jon Smith because the Tricou's were broke. She's very unhappy to find herself broke (they spent all their money resurrecting each other). Um, I think she had some silly LTW & aspiration so I changed her to money and own 5 businesses. Her business ideas are very "medieval Italian aristocracy oriented" - a mask shop (she started this first), gold shop (sells any item made of gold), Open-air market, Theatre & Hospital (even tho it should really be free, but oh well).

Jennail is much like her mother, very ambitious and very bright. She wants to conquor death and has a LTW of Chief of Staff which works well as her mother plans to open the first real hospital in the area.

Kvornan is just a society layabout. He's hoping the rest of them manage to get enough money to support him in the style to which he wants to become reaccustomed as he doesn't much want to do anything else.

Nylissit is very jealous of her sister and also wants to be chief of staff, mostly because she wants her mother's approval. Unfortunately she'll never make it - just doesn't have the skills and drive. Despite being air-headed tho, she's actually a very talented psychic/medium and is helping her husband research and try and figure out what happened to them.

Kiernan, a knowledge sim, is about to go crazy because he doesn't remember how they died or what happened. He's working towards becoming a mad scientist, hoping to help save people from death with crazy concoctions, but spends every free moment researching in the library and sending his wife wandering around in the graveyards trying to figure out what's going on.

Um and so on and so forth - I'm sure that's boring. I dunno how they all died, but this thread:

http://thesims2downunder.csg2.net/site/viewtopic.php?t=710

says:

Fricorith Tricou died of either electrocution or satellite (it's hard to tell).
Gvaudoin Tricou died of burning.
Rainelle Neengia died of Death by Flies.

Rainelle is the one that fascinates me. I haven't resurrected her because I'd have to set someone to know her and haven't decided how to work that in yet. I'd also love more info if anyone has it.

Unsouper
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: