More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:42:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Tutorial: Deleting, Creating, and Generating Townies OFB and pre-OFB
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tutorial: Deleting, Creating, and Generating Townies OFB and pre-OFB  (Read 115461 times)
lechapeau
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Deleting, Creating, and Generating Townies OFB and pre-OFB
« Reply #50 on: 2006 July 07, 21:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have my own townies already, so I'm OK making sure it's clean then adding the sub hoods and the townies at that time...and that's alright to do.
That's brilliant, Thank you very much!

My TS2 custom neighborhoods:
Updated Beacon Falls + OfB & BV subhoods: http://beacon-falls.blogspot.com/
Brand new version of Maple Valley + a subhood & add-ons: http://maplevalley2.blogspot.com/
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 July 07, 22:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Jordi Smiley
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 July 08, 17:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering ... would it be possible to costumize Townies 100%  Huh

What I mean is, some of the Townies I made for my hood was created as siblings and they have the family icon in the thumbnail (one of them have moved in with a playable sim).

Could I have created a whole family with grandparents, siblings and kids Huh And have the grandparents working as nannies, gartners, repairmen and so on ... it could be really funny if we could make familybonds (sp?) between the Townies and NPC´s

Hope this make sence

Rose
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 July 08, 17:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't create Service NPCs yourself, as their character data is different from that of normal Sims. This can't be easily fixed with SimPE either.

But you can certainly give townies family relationships with other townies or Service NPCs, or even with playables.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 July 08, 17:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the most part, but sims like the gardener, repairman, etc., I have not messed with. I change their physical looks with Insim and SimPE, though. Someone else here should know about it.

Thanks again, Jordi Smiley
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 July 08, 22:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't create Service NPCs yourself, as their character data is different from that of normal Sims
But, but, but ... when my sims marry the maid ... she becomes playable and act like a playable ... it should be possible to do the same the other way around ... though I don´t know how ......... typical me  Roll Eyes

*LOL*

Rose
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 July 08, 23:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most service NPCs can be converted to playables without much problems, but there are exceptions. Examples are the mascots and cheerleaders from uni: they will not age, and keep wearing their uniforms on community lots. Likewise the streakers will show up naked all the time.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2006 July 09, 09:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a hack (from MTS2 I think) that let you create service NPCs with your choice of age and sex.  It wasn't a totally free choice because of the game imposed rules, but it was better than nothing.  It probably doesn't work since OFB and I don't have it in my game now.   I'd quite like a version that generates NPCs with your choice of skin colour as well including alien and custom skin..  Standard skin colours are annoying if you have a hood that isn't like that.

There are ways of fixing their appearance and personality once they are created of course.  Editing in SimPE or makeovers..

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 July 09, 18:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  What a great tutorial!  Thanks so much.

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
dailyrebellions
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 July 09, 23:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey!

This tutorial saved my life.  I am super OCD about my townies!!!

There is only one thing I noticed - when you export personalized, customs students in the university CAS and then remove them from the family as townies, thus creating YA students, for some reason, when these students move into a dorm, - EVEN after they have autonomously claimed a Myne door, they will leave at night and say "oh look at the time, i must be going" even though the LIVE there....I am guessing because at some level they are townies.  Now, because they have the MYNE door, they keep coming back, and if you select them and 'take over them' you can see how the game is still making them go to class and disappearing in their room and sleeping.  However, thy leave the dorm all night long - letting me know over and over that they are leaving and then returning just a minute later.  Am i doing something wrong?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 July 09, 23:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is only one thing I noticed - when you export personalized, customs students in the university CAS and then remove them from the family as townies, thus creating YA students, for some reason, when these students move into a dorm, - EVEN after they have autonomously claimed a Myne door, they will leave at night and say "oh look at the time, i must be going" even though the LIVE there

How are you turning them into townies/dormies?  I've done this with Inge's Teleporter Plus bush (actually, the updated versions found here) and never had this problem -- the CAS-dormies act just like normal dormies.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
dailyrebellions
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 July 10, 01:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW!

Thanks for such a quick reply!

Well, I followed the instructions for Uni that referenced instructions for Townie.  I was using Insimenator, creating the YA's in the Uni CAS screen, then removing them from the family using the Insimenator....I guess I should use Inge's bush instead?

thanks again for your help & talent!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 July 10, 12:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the Insiminator should work the same way as the teleporter bush, but it may be worth a try using the bush and seeing if that makes a difference.  If not, then something else is hosed in your game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 July 10, 12:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the custom dormies problem, if you turn a YA into a townie (make sure you use the TOWNIE family by the way and NOT the DOWNTOWNIE family), they must not have already claimed a Myne door. Get them to unclaim their doors and remove them from the lot. The rooms will be reassigned to dormies according to the normal rules and if you have no other dormies your custom ones will come to claim their doors.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 July 10, 21:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm to build all zones on the same land, so if i chose University, Downtown, or the commercial center...
at the first impatc nothing should change...

that mean that i've to copy every building and place it on the right place on all zones.. isn't simple but at the end should looks great  Grin
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 July 10, 21:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ElfPuddle?
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 July 10, 21:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hem.... any chanse to copy the Downtown to University ?
i mean the disposition of the house, and the rest of the stuff.. tree, radio's antenna, and all the rest..

'cause it looks realy hard to have the same Neighborhoods ... the game randomize also the tree..
i've imported an SC4 terrain with some tree.. in downtown they are Pines.. at Uni... are Palms  Shocked

**edit

i'm testing now Tongue
will copy  N002_Downtown001.package and i will rename it in N002_Suburb001.package
maybe it will works  Roll Eyes
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 July 10, 22:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

obviously it didn't work..
but i think it's doinable via SimPe..

if you open the file N00x_WhatUwant.package (WhatUwant = University /Suburbs / Downtown)
you can change the nHood type.. so i will try to copy my Downtown to Suburbs and University so to have the same place for every
nhood Smiley

** Last infos:
 i've succesly cloned Downtown to University  ... (but it always night on the nhood view lol)
« Last Edit: 2006 July 10, 22:15:09 by MaximilianPS » Logged
dailyrebellions
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 July 11, 06:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm to build all zones on the same land, so if i chose University, Downtown, or the commercial center...
at the first impatc nothing should change...

that mean that i've to copy every building and place it on the right place on all zones.. isn't simple but at the end should looks great  Grin

Heya!

Thanks for looking into this....

I am going to try the bush and come back and let you know what i find out. Just in terms of this post, the order went like this -

before i created a single university dorm, I created allllll the YA's and exported them.  So I promis that they never touched a myne door before they were exported as townies. 
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 July 11, 07:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've succesly cloned Downtown to University  ... (but it always night on the nhood view lol)

You can toggle day/night with an icon from the nhood screen.
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 July 12, 15:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made a set of 30 custom Townies, and thanks to your tutorial, they seem to work beautifully.

So now I have a question:  Is there a way for me to use this set of Townies in another new neighborhood?  Can I just copy a set of files after I've deleted all the sims in the new neighborhood, or is there something in the file itself that sets the neighborhood?

Thanks.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 July 12, 17:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Character files are neighborhood specific, so you can't just copy/paste them. The best way to go about that would be to package the lot with the family the first time you load the lot, and before exporting. Then you can install them and place them in another neighborhood as well. I suppose it is a bit late for that at this point, though.
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 July 12, 18:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Character files are neighborhood specific, so you can't just copy/paste them.

I was afraid that might be the case.  Thanks for confirming it.

The best way to go about that would be to package the lot with the family the first time you load the lot, and before exporting. Then you can install them and place them in another neighborhood as well. I suppose it is a bit late for that at this point, though.

It's a good suggestion for the next time I make a complete set of custom Townies, though.  Thanks for the suggestion, and for the speedy response.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 July 18, 18:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi comments got me all worried.  I don't use SimPe and have no idea how to remove the extra SWAF or whatever files I need to.

Can I still create a custom hood without worrying or am I stuck with Maxis townie forever? I will only create my townies but will use Maxis University and downtown section as it is.

Is my only hope to learn how SimPe works?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 July 18, 18:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Safest bet is doing exactly the following:

1) create a new 'hood
2) do the delete all characters cheat
3) save and exit.
4) Open the neighbourhood in SimPE and remove ALL SWAFs. Also remove the following if they exist: memories, relationships, sim descriptions other than the default NPCs
5) save and reload your new empty 'hood.

From then on follow the tutorial given above and you should be fine.

It is never a huge problem if you forget a step (it won't destroy your 'hood) but you may end up with incorrect wants unless you clean SWAFs first.

And I highly recommend using the empty templates for universities, downtown, and bluewater.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: