More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 03:27:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Tutorial: Deleting, Creating, and Generating Townies OFB and pre-OFB
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tutorial: Deleting, Creating, and Generating Townies OFB and pre-OFB  (Read 116307 times)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Deleting, Creating, and Generating Townies OFB and pre-OFB
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 16, 05:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not clear yet as to how many will generate on their own, or how many you have to have before they will stop regenerating.

I think it works like this: on every load of a lot (residential or community) a townie is created, up to the apparently built-in limit of ca. 40 (4 teens, 4 kids, 2 elders, 30 adults). Downtownies are never spawned, but special townies (vampires, slobs, divas) are.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 16, 05:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it works like this: on every load of a lot (residential or community) a townie is created, up to the apparently built-in limit of ca. 40 (4 teens, 4 kids, 2 elders, 30 adults). Downtownies are never spawned, but special townies (vampires, slobs, divas) are.

Ok, I did notice the one on the lot load, but I never made more than one lot for when I was figuring this out so I didn't know that it was one per lot. I wonder if it will create a downtownie for every downtown residential lot load? I make a lot of sims live downtown. Have you checked that? I will pay attention when I make my next custom hood.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 16, 14:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't play downtown much… but looks like it does generate downtownies for SP2 lots. My count is off by 10 by the way, it's actually 20 adults so 30 in total.

I am not sure how many downtownies will be generated in total, I am guessing 30 as well with the same setup.

Add to that of course 1-3 NPCs per type, and the two slobs, two divas, four vampires, and the special NPCs… and for OFB the reporter(s)?

OFB lots seem to use normal townies.

Downtownies are all taken from the Maxis downtownie templates by the way, so there are usually exact duplicates.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 16, 19:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I have been getting a new downtownie for every sim I add to downtown, and a new one whenever a new downtown lot is visited for the first time. I also have 2 paper delivery teens in the base hood, and a new one in downtown. So far the only adult townie made is the bartender. The rest are teens. This will be interesting to see what happens once there are 10 non-npc teens in each hood. I am at 7 total right now.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 16, 20:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the counting in NL by the way… it is quite possible OFB broke it. They destroyed the generator afterall.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 17, 09:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope it didnt. it shows random pics but nothing else.

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 18, 01:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope it didnt. it shows random pics but nothing else.

Actually, it did break - which is why you get error logs stating that the error is the communitly lot populator (ie the townie generator v2.0). This is why this tutorial was put here in the first place. The 'random' pics are explained in the first post of this thread.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 18, 14:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nec, I actually sat down and tried this out a few days ago and it worked beautifully!  Thank goodness you worked it all out for the dullards like myself.  I would kiss your feet, but I don't know where they've been, so I won't  Cheesy
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 18, 18:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to say that it worked for me as well.  Thanks for your efforts to help others in this matter.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 09, 14:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for writing this tutorial.  Grin
I have been building a new hood and this is working like a dream

I have two question thoug. You mentioned  the noregn hack ... I can´t find it  Roll Eyes , do anyone have a link and can I use it while generating my own Townies/Downtownies or should I only add it when I´m finished creating the townies ?

Thanks once again

Rose
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 10, 04:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assuming you have OFB. Hack is here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/ffs/ofb/hacks/
they are alphabetical. I have not used notownieregen, so I cannot say anything except wait until you are done. If someone else knows the answer to this, please speak up. Smiley
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 10, 11:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks and I won´t use it while I´m generating my own townies ... unless someone have positive experiemces with it Smiley

Rose
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 10, 15:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole point of notownieregen (and nodormieregen) is to keep the game from creating its own townies and dormies while you create your own.  So if you don't want the Maxis townies running around and just your own, then you should definitely put both in your game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 12, 19:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have finally finished creating all my townies in CAS ... and am now ready to convert them to real Townies *G*
I have added the notownieregen and ofcourse I have a back-up ... I´m slow, not stupid *LOL*

I guess that if you don´t hear from me the next couple of days, it means that it works like a charm, otherwise I´ll surly be back with 25.000 questions ... expecting that you have an answer to them all *LOL*

Thanks once again again

Rose
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 12, 20:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Nec. I'lll give this tut a try.

I've been messing with deleting townies out of my version of Strangetown. I keep this town around as a testing ground. I have one main hood, a custom, that I play and I noticed the number of character files is getting way high. I want to clean it up.

So far, the noregen seems to not work in my test hood--but there are a variety of things that might be making it 'appear' to not work altho it does, so I test on...Some of the problems I have encountered maybe that it IS a maxis hood--so thank you so much for pointing out the follies of Maxis hoods!

I have my main hood populated with my own sims and it seems to 'push out' the townies (ie my sims appear in place of the townies--like the welcome wagon, the shoppers, however sometimes a townie still sneaks in.)

I want to play without ANY tonwies. Period. None of the little buggers. Think it can be done?

Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 12, 22:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think it can be using the notownieregen mentioned, and then you just have to delete the first one made when you load your first lot.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 21, 19:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have my hood up and running. Have moved in 2 playable sims. Had them visit Community lots and Downtown (not Maxis) and everything works GREAT!!!
I have not spotted one single Maxis sim, except the nessary NPC´s, like repairman and waiters at restaurants. This is the best thing that have happened to my game ... you guys are great

Rose
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 29, 05:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried following this tutorial in a fresh hood to try out some default facial template replacements I downloaded, and I had problems with toddlers getting strange wants, like want to buy a car.  I opened SimPE and found that I had way more SWAFs than I did Sim Descriptions.  Same thing with DNA.  I deleted all the extra SWAFs and DNA entries by noting the gaps in the instance numbers that did not have Sim Descriptions.  This solved the problem.  I have seen this mentioned elsewhere on this site, but not in this thread, so I thought I'd mention so people are aware of it.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 30, 18:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm ... what is SWAF´s  Huh

One of my toddlers also had the Want To Buy A Car-want ... but I´ve ignored it, will it make my game explode in the furture or is it only an annoyance  Huh

I would prefer not messing to much around with my game, I love it as it is now ...  Grin

Rose
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 June 30, 18:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims Wants And Fears

Toddler wants has been discussed lately.  I'll use the search  Wink facility and edit in the link.

Edit:  Here's a few discussions about weird wants -
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4753.0
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4428.0
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4676.0

older threads:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3637.0
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3052.0

There's a lot more but I didn't re-read the entire threads to see if it matched your issue.  Use search and put in 'toddler wants' if you want to peruse.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 June 30, 19:02:30 by starrling » Logged

Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 July 01, 07:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims Wants And Fears

Oh Doh  Roll Eyes Thanks  Cheesy

Rose
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2006 July 05, 10:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does deleteallchars actually get rid of the SWAF, genetics files, memories and relationships?  I didn't think it did everything it needs to.   I'd be happy to be wrong on this one, but I think you need to look at all of these in SimPE and clean up leftovers after you do the deleteallchars plus delete the files in the hood characters folder.  Then you can start making clean ones.  I used deleteallchars on one hood a while back and it still had loads of extra SWAF and DNA files etc when I went through on my big clean up last week.  Maybe I did some other stupid thing in the hood...   

Maybe somebody moreawesome than me could do the equivalent of Theo's memory editor for the SWAF, genetics and relationships bits... pretty please..

thanks for the bit on NPCs - I'm desperate for a reporter to show up in a business in Strangetown - I didn't attach a shopping subhood and no reporter so far.  2 of Ajay Loners wants are "get a good review" and get a "best of the best"  I've locked "marry a rich sim", leaving me 1 slot to keep him happy and it's getting harder..  I tried the badge juicer - the action just seemed to drop out of the queue and still no reporter.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 July 05, 10:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

deleteallchars only deletes the Sim files and relationships, it leaves the SWAFs, DNA, and in some cases memories behind. Best bet is to do a deleteallchars, save and exit, clear all SWAFs and sDNA in SimPE, and then return to the clean 'hood and start playing.
lechapeau
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 July 07, 16:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So with these dangling SWAF's...plus the way this tutorial works, is it best to make the hood, DAC then go into SimPE and follow Jordi's advice of clearing SWAF's and sDNA, then do the same with the Downtown then also the same again with the Uni?
And then add townies...

As in it says at the start not to add the hoods all at once.
So once the first hood is set and cleared with no extra's, won't you in adding another sub hood mess it all up again?

Sorry if it's a stupid question...I'm trying to get it right as far as I can!

My TS2 custom neighborhoods:
Updated Beacon Falls + OfB & BV subhoods: http://beacon-falls.blogspot.com/
Brand new version of Maple Valley + a subhood & add-ons: http://maplevalley2.blogspot.com/
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 July 07, 18:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I advise to use the empty templates found in peasantry if you want to add unis, downtowns, or shopping districts. Then there's no need for further d-a-c-ing and cleanup.

If you plan to use the spawn object to mass-generate townies, you must do it before adding a subhood to the neighbourhood, or the generator will throw up errors. If you are content to let the game generate townies by itself, or plan to create your own in CAS, there's no need to wait with adding subhoods.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: