More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:50:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Flashing graphics
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flashing graphics  (Read 5191 times)
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Flashing graphics
« on: 2005 August 22, 06:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help.  All of a sudden everything started "flashing".  It's hard to describe but one minute I was playing and then everything turned bright and started flashing.  I updated my video card driver and I thought that solved it but then it started again.  It does it in all houses on all lots.   Any ideas??  I took a video of it, how do I get it on here?
« Last Edit: 2005 August 22, 06:51:29 by shadow » Logged
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Flashing graphics
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 22, 15:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the flashing done in blue, or is more like general flashing of the normal objects?
As far as I know you can't upload videos to here - you could try uploading to another side and link it through the hyperlink button which is above the  Grin face.  Wink You could also post a series of pictures - you can do that directly off the site. (The button left of hyperlink.)
« Last Edit: 2005 August 22, 16:45:12 by DuckSpeak » Logged
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 22, 20:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just general flashing of everything, people, walls, windows, doors, objects.  And I haven't downloaded anything for weeks so that can't be it.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 22, 20:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen to me once.  I re-downloaded the CEP enabler and had no more troubles. 
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 22, 23:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did that when just one item turned blue but this is everything and it flashes like a strobe light constantly, the whole picture, not just one item.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 26, 01:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I add a picture to this so someone can see what I'm talking about?  I can't play the game like this.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 26, 02:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously it must be really impossible, plus giving you migraines!

Have you tried taking the complete sims2 folder out and putting it on your desktop while you uninstall/reinstall University?  Then just move the Sims2 folder back into EAGames.

Zephyr Zodiac
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 26, 04:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled my video card, again (third time) and re-downloaded CEP, just in case, and it seems to be working now.  For how long remains to be seen.  Thanks, ZephyrZodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 26, 07:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe there's something wrong with your video card.  Have you checked everything out in dxdiag?

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 26, 09:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also posted about video drivers in another thread here but think the comment is relevant anyway. Shadow, it's not always the latest drivers that are the best either. For my card, the most recent driver from the manufacturers site craps my system. The driver before that craps my sims game. So I'm using a driver 3 versions old. If you have ongoing issues you could try older drivers or generic drivers. Many sites maintain older versions of things.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 27, 01:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what happened.  I developed the problem one lot at a time.  So, as a fix I updated my video driver and it helped, temporarily, then came back.  I rolled back the driver to a previous version, actually, I completelly uninstalled the card and reinstalled it and now everything seems to be working.  I also turned my game settings all to low or medium.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: