More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:44:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  10 children want & alien babies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 10 children want & alien babies  (Read 9293 times)
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
10 children want & alien babies
« on: 2006 April 24, 08:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Smiley

I have a female family sim who has had 4 sets of twins & she spun up the "Have 10 children want" so I locked it in & thought she could just adopt the last 2 because she's pretty close to being an elder. I set the husband to getting his gold floristry badge & she was being an instructor for one of the kids. Anyway, he buggered off when he got the gold badge & I didn't notice he was stargazing (it gets kind of hectic with babies, kids & teens!). In any event, he got abducted. So now I have another set of twins - this time alien twins.

However, it didn't satisfy her 10 children want. Is this normal? If she adopts it gets satisfied why wouldn't it when the hubby has kids? I really don't relish the thought of 2 more kids in this family!

Jane
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
Re: 10 children want & alien babies
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 24, 08:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jane,

The alien kids are not considered hers because they are not related to her. The parents are the husband and the PT.

Go Away
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 24, 08:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think adopting the last two won't work either, without the have/adopt children wants hack from TwoJeffs. Otherwise it is  impossible to fill the have 10 children want for a female sim, without extending her lifespan or using cheesecake because the pregnancy lasts too long.

JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 24, 09:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah - ok thanks. I thought (for some reason) that adopting counted but if it doesn't then I'll just have her drink some elixir & get preggers again :/

Personally, I think the alien twins should count because she is their step mother & will in effect be raising them, but .... whatever!

Thanks!

Jane
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 24, 09:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, just as in RL...a kid isn't really yours if it isn't yours.
sad but true. in that way, the game is brutally realistic.

Go Away
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 24, 09:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, adoption works but the last kid has to be born, I think.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 24, 10:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adoption definitely works for the 10 kids wants. I haven't heard that the last kid has to be born before, don't remember what I did last time I fulfilled that want.

INTJ
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 24, 14:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I think the alien twins should count because she is their step mother & will in effect be raising them, but .... whatever!

Well, that's why something like JMP's FFS Lot Debugger exists -- it has an option to toggle a Sim's LTW platinum status, so you could cheat a bit and say she fulfilled her want with it. Smiley

I try not to use this feature all that much -- I usually only use it for Family Sims who have the 'Reach Golden Anniversary' LTW.  I don't particularly like throwing parties, so if the Sim and his/her spouse are elders who would otherwise be capable of having the GA party, I'll toggle the Sims platinum status on.  After all, he/she did earn it, and it's not the Sim's fault I'm to lazy to plan a party for them. Smiley

I've also used it on occasion to turn off the platinum status of a Sim who achieved their LTW way to young, though that's a much rarer occurrence.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 24, 16:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have 10 Children is a Power Want, not a LTW.  Either way, it's not one you ever want to fill.  Unless you like accellerating your neighborhoods demise in a bfbvfs.

It usually rolls up every time a Family Sim has a kid.  I just ignore it and it goes away very quickly.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 24, 19:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a Sim already has 8 kids, two more isn't going to hurt it much.  Since OFB, the character file limit was vastly increased anyway.

I once had a Romance mom who got the hots for her "step-son" (alien son born to her husband) and I changed their relationship to that of family but quick in SimPE!  All I kept thinking was eeeuuuuuwwwwwwww!  Cheesy
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 24, 20:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the character limit now?

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 24, 21:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to JMP, the character limit now is unknown, but over 30,000 (if memory serves).  And I think it's not just OFB that upped it -- I remember this discussion pre-OFB, actually about NL.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 24, 21:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it wsa increased in NL.  Still.  Don't care.  Unless you actually like having 20 buttzillion sims all related to eachother inside of two generations, don't give in to Family Sims.  They're INSANE.  There's a reason I nuked my first Pleasantview.  Actually, two reasons.  One's named Brandi Broke.  The other is named Cassandra Goth.  When I had 8 Goth lots and 7 Broke lots after one generation, I knew it was time to move on.
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 24, 22:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm not too worried about the size of this family because it's the only family in my neighborhood & I didn't add a downtown or Bluewater so I don't have that many sims anyway.

I just think it's another case of Maxian logic. adopted kids count but alien children born to the family don't. In both cases she is not the mother, but one counts the other doesn't.

Well, it's just 2 more babies. Gah - I only plan on doing the 10 child want this one time. I have no desire to repeat it, but she already had had 8 kids so I wanted to get it for her.
Jane
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 25, 01:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The China policy is the best way to go, it'll prevent families that are named the exact same thing and if you marry all sims and they enact the China policy the future population will be reduced to 1/2.  You could alter it to two if you have a couple that you really like, but no more than two.  Just Remember that eventually the buggers will have to get married to continue the chain and inbreeding is impossible[without hacks].  However, it's your game and if you want about a hundred of related sims be my guest.

Are some of the children moving out or do you have a hack to increase the number of sims per household?  This is another reason I find this want illogical, unless if they're male it's impossible to achieve without hacks.  Good thing they don't have it in the LTW.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 25, 01:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to JMP, the character limit now is unknown, but over 30,000 (if memory serves).  And I think it's not just OFB that upped it -- I remember this discussion pre-OFB, actually about NL.
Well, in previous editions of the game, you started to see problems around 1000 character files.

The iteration count was increased as of NL from 10000 to 100000, so one can expect that assuming nothing else changed, the limit would thus similarly increase by a factor of 5-10. The dead-and-deleted are also no longer included in 0x85 iteration loops. More likely sloppy coding practices that this permitted make this fall slightly short.

However, there is a hard limit reached at 32767 files, the point at which there are no longer any positive NIDs available.

More practically, there's a "playing time growth" limit, where if you try to maintain any level of synchronicity, bloating the number of households quickly slows the game to a crawl.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 25, 02:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for clarifying that -- my memory was a bit fuzzy on the details.  And I agree -- it does get to be pretty tough keeping things semi-synchronized as the generations go on.  I'm well into my third generation, with the first of the 4th on the way, and I can't play the whole neighborhood in one session.  Time to figure out a population control strategy....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 25, 03:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of family sims, is there a difference b/w a anniversary party and a golden anniversary party? I could never figure this out and forum replies use both terms interchangably?!  Huh

Is there really a "golden anniversary" party for sims who have never cheated? I have 2 sims who have never cheated and still only the option of anniversity party came up. And the LTW is not fulfiled.Is my game broken or what?

Embarrassed

I let sims have a max of 4 kids. That's my limit before I go mad.

Go Away
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 25, 03:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a golden anniversary.  To fulfill it, have one of your Sims (preferably the one who has the want Wink ) to call for anniversary party on the phone.  When they call is when the want is fulfilled, so it doesn't even have to be a good one.  However, they do have to be married as adults, and age into elderhood.  Not sure if both have to be elders, as I've always kept them close in age so it didn't matter.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 25, 04:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Blue for the reply. So it means that there is a anniversary party for any old sims who just grow old in a marriage and a golden anniversary for a faithful couple who never cheats?

Ok, what happens if one sim has a ton of lovers before getting married? Are those considered as non faithful? Does cheating during engagement counts towards the cheating or if its just after marriage, then the counter ticks iin?

Go Away
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 25, 05:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the Golden Anniversary traditionally like the 50th anniversary or something, in real life? Cheating doesn't enter into it at all. An anniversary as elders *is* a golden anniversary, cheating or no.

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 25, 05:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheating doesn't enter into it at all.  It's only if they are still married while aging into elderhood.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 April 25, 05:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheating doesn't enter into it at all, although it can result in your marriage FAILING. Due to the way the system works, vampires can never have a golden anniversary even if they've been married for 12 generations of other-sim-lives because they never become elders.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 April 25, 07:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so a anniversary party and a golden anniversary party is the same? Then why 2 different terms? Huh Huh

Anyway, thanks to all for the replies.

Go Away
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 April 25, 16:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because one is the Party, and one is the memory.  There is no "Golden Anniversary Party".  The memory is called the "Golden Anniversary".  The Party is called the "Anniversary Party". 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: