More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 09:56:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Disease Contagious? + Angry Employees
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Disease Contagious? + Angry Employees  (Read 14408 times)
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Disease Contagious? + Angry Employees
« Reply #25 on: 2006 April 26, 00:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once TOWNIES contract the plague, your neighborhood is basically screwed, since the only real way to cure townies is to kill them, but if you've allowed the plague to get that far...

Flu - Symptoms = Coughing, Diarrhea - Source = Up to 5% chance if near roaches. - Contagious? = Highly - Potentially Fatal? = Yes
Since when have sims been able to get diarrhea? They don't do any other toilet functions except pee, and, if pregnant or sick, vomit.

Damnit, sims should be able to poop like the rest of us! Tongue

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 April 26, 01:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, presumably, that's what brown puddles were for, but pooping was apparently dropped along with drinking, so sims never get thirsty either, even though you can see relics of that in the code.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 April 26, 01:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well they just need to use the loo more than usual, they don't seem to get the real 'runs'. (Thank goodness!)  What they really should have said was bladder drops faster.

Edit:  There really were brown puddles?  *EW!*
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 26, 01:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in Sims 1, when the toilet got clogged, it always looked like it was full of brown crap.   Tongue
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 April 26, 01:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even remember that, it's been way too long since I last played The Sims.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 April 26, 01:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a lot I don't remember from playing The Sims, but for some reason, that one stuck with me.  Tongue
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 April 26, 17:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a lot I don't remember from playing The Sims, but for some reason, that one stuck with me.  Tongue

I remember that too.  It was a bit disgusting.  I also remember how you could not have any privacy in a bathroom, weither or not a Sim was on the can or in the shower did not matter and they did not needed to be friends to do that.  "Hi, are you busy, oh sorry your on the can... (Humm I wonder what I am doing here, it was obvious if my friend is in the bathroom that it is not there to listen to the TV!)"  I was so glad they fix this in Sims 2.
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 April 28, 02:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always think it'd be great to see a hack for venereal diseases. LOL, I always think about the whorish sims in my neighborhood and wish there was some sort of price to pay for their promiscuity.  It only seems fitting that there should be a spreadable woohoo disease if there's a catchy flu virus .  Heehee, they could do the pee dance instead of hacking up a lung. Wink
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 April 28, 04:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I think so too- my Don Lothario sim should definately have something by now.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 May 02, 14:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be really nice to have a marker on sick sims - like a different colour plumbob.  That way you could spot them on a community lot early enough to take action and avoid an outbreak. (quit without saving - tell them to leave or whatever) My Veronaville has been bugged by flu since before Christmas and I can't get rid of it.

I'm inclined to think the code is buggy anyway.  I've had two experiences that felt buggy.
1. kids bring home sick friend.  Say goodbye fast and my sims are fine.  Save.  Go play the friends lot, cure her and save.  go back to first lot and invite her over.  She's sick!
2.  3 sims are sick in the house.  Take the usual action and two get better quickly.  The other one doesn't. The first two catch it again and get sick.  Lie them all on the bed, first two are cured, the other one is still sick.  I know how to cure them, it just doesn't stick! 
Probably a cwykes problem as Pescado has said about other things!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
chickengirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 May 02, 15:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2.  3 sims are sick in the house.  Take the usual action and two get better quickly.  The other one doesn't. The first two catch it again and get sick.  Lie them all on the bed, first two are cured, the other one is still sick.  I know how to cure them, it just doesn't stick! 
Probably a cwykes problem as Pescado has said about other things!

I had a house with a gay couple and 5 kids (3 adopted, 2 from alien abduction) and one day one of them caught something and spread it to everyone else. Every time I got one of them better, the others would just reinfect them. I had to get Shaklin's medicine cabinet to get them all cured at the same time.

I think somebody needs to find a way to make sims immune to diseases they've already had.

SimMoon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 May 02, 18:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HA HA HA Pescado! That picture is great!!

Okay, first, the plague carrier in the made neighborhoods... I can speak for Veronaville and it's Summerdream family. Delete them. They give the flu to everyone. OR.. give in and download the InSimenator and just go around healing everyone. Since I use the heck out of every mod I get, I don't mind a 'god mod'. http://www.insimenator.net

Second.. LOL!! Carrigon has a bed that gives your Sim an STD. LOL!! http://www.thesims2workshop.com/

gads.. I love the Sims 2 Community!!

The Sims 2 Elegance
There's a hole in the world tonight; don't let there be a hole in the world tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------
Eagles 2005 Farewell Tour
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 May 02, 20:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ewww, STD's.  Everyone avoids the hell out of them in real life, poor poor Simmies.  Shocked
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 May 09, 19:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heehee,
THanks for the link SimMoon....I checked out the bed by Carrigon, but the only problem is, the disease is not contagious, which takes all the fun out of it. Smiley
I was hoping she'd update it, but while reading the thread, I saw that she said she didn't want to put anymore time into it. Ah well, maybe I'll ask Shaklin. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: