More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:33:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  "Missing neighbor for data access" error log
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Missing neighbor for data access" error log  (Read 6775 times)
LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
"Missing neighbor for data access" error log
« on: 2006 April 21, 02:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Up until now I've lurked here, but I've reached my limit with this issue.  I used aging off while the sim in question was pregnant, so I'm not sure if that's linked to the problem or not.  I turned aging back on again a few hours before she went into labor.  I can't recall what was happening exactly, but she wouldn't deliver the baby.  I used move objects on/off and deleted her, nothing.  I used the agesimscheat to age her to an elder and then back to an adult again, and then she finally had the baby.  Now she won't interact with the baby, when I instruct her to go to the bathroom, she jumps out of queue of course.  She freezes up at times.  Any insight as to what caused this would be appreciated.  If a workaround or solution is provided, you'll have a disciple for life.  Thanks in advance.

Okay, error log's up.  I did see that earlier thread.  I don't have SimPe, is the hacked painting at the Insimenator a good alternative or should I just bite the bullet and get SimPe?
« Last Edit: 2006 April 21, 05:07:02 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: "Missing neighbor for data access" error log
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 21, 02:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd have to see an error log to be sure, but I'm willing to bet it's an Attraction Token problem.

See http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=3911.msg111258#msg111258
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 21, 05:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, attraction token problem. I should definitely add an attraction token zapper to the debugger, but it's tough to tell whether the problem is burninated or not since I've never had it happen and it's very random and possibly related to some form of nonsanctioned behavior. Like deleting sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 23, 18:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It worked!!!  Thanks heaps!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 21, 09:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it happens when your sims visit community lots, and maybe has a connection with the restaurant podium.  And they take twice as long to find now the Classic interface has been discontinued!  So, I would say the option to zap all extraneous attraction markers for the sim in question plus the one they have the marker for would be much appreciated.

Zephyr Zodiac
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 01, 11:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, attraction token problem. I should definitely add an attraction token zapper to the debugger, but it's tough to tell whether the problem is burninated or not since I've never had it happen and it's very random and possibly related to some form of nonsanctioned behavior. Like deleting sims.

I hope you do add this to the debugger. I had my neighborhood exactly the way I wanted it then 3 Sims got this problem. I finally started another neighborhood as deleting my favorite characters would have made me not want to play it anyway. But I loved that neighborhood so much that I kept it backed up even though I removed it from the game.

I'm off to see if the posted solution will fix it for me. I searched the web over to find that error and never could get anything to show in a search engine. I sure would love the peace of mind knowing that a solution is close at hand should it happen again as the problem made the affected characters totally unplayable.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 01, 11:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it happened to me in a new neighbourhood and I had no idea why, and at the time neither did anyone else.  I ended up cloning ALL my sims and starting a new hood.  Then, when the solution came up, I tried cleaning out the attraction markers for the sims that had the jump bug and tried the hood again, and everything seemed to be working fine.

Zephyr Zodiac
Mmmary
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 14, 17:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Sigh* Okay. I wouldn't have posted in this thread, but I have the exact same problem and I have a chronic fear of starting new threads.

So a couple of days ago I deleted a bunch of characters. They were mainly duplicates and random CAS sims who I had just created to test something, but there might have been some characters that had met some of my sims. I know it was bad  Embarrassed but I couldn't stand seeing them in my Sim Browser, staring at me accusingly, with their stupid goggly eyes and that knowitall-smile and those ...anyway, I followed instructions and copied my character files, so that's all fine.

The next time I played the game, a cashier in my home business started jumping. She would charge the customers, but jumping away from and back to the register all the time. Also, a after while some of the customers started freezing. I couldn't speak to them or anything, the actions just canceled themselves in the queue. So, I go to debug mode and the "missing neighbor for data access" error comes up for the cashier.

So, I did what you told LeaveMeAlone to do, ie downloaded Squinge's painting and went to the cashier's house to try it out. I would only get the Memories option in the menu, no Tokens menu. Well, I removed all of her attraction memories, but it didn't help. Also, her plumbob kept disappearing and appearing again. When I turned debug mode on at her place I got the same error.

What do you suggest I do?

I have all of the expansions + patches.
Mmmary
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 15, 09:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hurray! It did work! Stupid me. I never actually removed the attraction token thingy manually in SimPE, since it didn't come up on the painting thingy. Finally I did and it worked like a charm! Thanks a million, and sorry, my bad.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: