More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 05:52:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Servo broke the mailbox?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Servo broke the mailbox?  (Read 4821 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Servo broke the mailbox?
« on: 2006 April 16, 04:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday I directed Servo to get the mail at my Pitt residence, which is also a home biz, if that makes any difference.

Servo stood in front of the mailbox and did nothing, although there were bills to pay.  Since that instruction, none of my resident Sims have been able to get the mail.  They'll go to the mailbox but just stand there doing nothing, no matter how many times I direct them to get the bills.  The repo man struck once and is on his way again.

I haven't cycled into the mail delivery in my other three homes with Servos so don't know if this is a potential bug or just a glitch with this lot.

Am not adverse to bulldozing the house and lot as it is second generation and much too large for my two remaining Sims (one just turned into an elder), but I would hate to see the business perks earned get bulldozed as well.   Sad

Has anyone else experienced any issues if Servo visits the mailbox and attempts to retrieve the bills?

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Servo broke the mailbox?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 16, 05:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The business perks won't disappear if you bulldoze the lot, if that is any comfort.  Haven't had the letterbox issue myself, though
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 16, 05:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, that's a lot of comfort, Ness.  The lot is huge as is the house and I can always stick the career rewards in the inventory.   Was getting to hate the place anyway.

I will have my other Servos visit the mail box just to satisfy my own curiosity
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 16, 14:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried removing/updating payatbox? I know that used to cause problems with the mailbox...

If that doesn't work, you could always use the "Kill Stuck Bills" feature of the Lot Debugger or the "Auto Pay Bills" feature of the InSIMenator to remove the bills.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 16, 15:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had servo try and Macro: pay bills and servo got stuck to the point I had to delete servo, exit and save lot, then come back. Then my bills were stuck and I had to do Kill Stuck Bills. My bills seem to come normally now, though I don't send servo to pay bills

Servo is really kinda worthless. He ought to automatically pay bills, order groceries, call for repairman in the even of a water repair, etc.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 17, 01:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Gethane, for confirming that we have the same issue once Servo is sent to pay bills.  He is buggy.

I moved the family out early this morning, bulldozed the lot (hated the house anyway) and have rebuilt in the same location.

Currently in the process of rebuilding the home business area, but this time it is a separate building on the lot, not adjacent to the living quarters.  Did all that before reading Venusy's post so we'll see what happens.

And yes, the TS2 Servo is a far cry from Servo of TS1.  The only favorable factor is the current Servo's minimal needs.  My ultimate plan is to move the Pitt's Servo out of the house and then hire him to run the store in the hope that as an employee he will stick to his assigned task.

Or am I being foolish in expecting that?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: