More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:17:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Factoids and Statistics on Skill Gaining
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Factoids and Statistics on Skill Gaining  (Read 180863 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Factoids and Statistics on Skill Gaining
« Reply #175 on: 2008 May 08, 17:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you mean enthusiasms. That is not the same as a skill. Rates for those tend to vary widely. Gain rates on hobby enthusiasm has not been compiled in a document at this time, and it is unlikely I will bother, since they are unimportant. Nothing of importance depends on optimizing them and they will, by default, quickly decay back to nothingness.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2008 May 08, 18:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, that's what I meant -- terrible choice of words on my part.  I actually kind of do wish they had some kind of importance, other than potentially killing your sim since they forget to do things like eat while they're in the zone.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2008 May 09, 16:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I added a motive-display informator. So now you can see if the Zone effect actually does anything anywhere.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2008 July 12, 20:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awww... what happened to the cool and scary Necromancy picture? Or isn't it loading for me?

Anyways I was wonder which of the bonuses "stack" for skilling. It's been a while since I played Bon Voyage so sorry if I say anything innacurate. So let's say I've been on vacation and a chose that reward that let's you skill faster. It's fall and that gives me another skilling bonus. My sim is a knowledge sim and has aspiration points spent in that "you learn things faster thing (Eureka?)". Before sending my sim to skill I let her wear the "thinking cap".

Do all of these bonuses stack? And if they don't, which bonuses do stack?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2008 July 12, 20:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of those bonuses stack.  (I actually did that, but I included the Far East collection thing.)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2008 September 07, 11:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering about the skill-building potential of the new objects in AL.  The playground items, in particular.  How do they compare to existing objects?  Are any of them superior to what we already had?

Karen
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2008 September 09, 07:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering about the skill-building potential of the new objects in AL.
Haha.  I was wondering that as well.  For one thing, "jump rope" is so much easier for body now, since it's free, child-elder can do it with very little required space, and it's even fun!  Would have made the game so much easier to have that from day one...   Cheesy

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: 2008 October 28, 14:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do skill bonuses like Thinking Cap or Far East collection affect Life skills (like Parenting) and Magic skills in FT & AL? Or are they only for regular 7 skills?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2008 October 28, 15:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only the 7 barred skills. None of the other skills work based on +skill gain or the skill tracker, so don't apply IQ. Only specific toddler skills represent the special case, and they only work on raw IQ, no special modifiers. What's more, the Asian collection is not applied to non-adults, so it is of very restricted usefulness.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: 2008 December 08, 21:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering about the skill-building potential of the new objects in AL.  The playground items, in particular.  How do they compare to existing objects?  Are any of them superior to what we already had?

Karen
I'm interested in how jump rope compares as well...

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: