More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:17:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  my sims no longer get mail
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: my sims no longer get mail  (Read 14643 times)
humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: my sims no longer get mail
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 30, 10:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I took time out of my busy schedule to play again and low and behold-no mail at uni AT ALL.  The mail man just stands around for a while and leaves.  Its working fine in the hood as long as I dont use the kill bills before they even recieve any.  Strange things are a happening.  Perhaps its time for a re-install.  Hmmm come to think of it maybe I will just clean out my download folder first and see if it helps.
Only upshot to this is they kids are saving a lot of money and nothing gets reposessed.  Even if the man comes he doesn't take anything.  Just lazors the object but doesn't remove it.  Me thinks he cannot take dorm items that came with the house and I rarely buy items or redecorate the dorms.

I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 30, 11:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just saw something on MTS2 where someone had a similar problem with mail not being delivered.  I believe they were able to fix it by using a mailbox from Carrigon's lot setup collection, which has a mailbox, garbage can, and pizza!  I would back up my neighborhoods before trying this though. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 30, 14:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hate to say this, but I just removed the PayatBox fix, and now everything is working fine!  The mailperson doesn't get waylaid by passersby and not collect the mail, there are no stuck bills on the lot and no problems with the repoman.

I think also that Windkeeper or someone on TSR has made mailboxes with  a shelf so sims don't go trekking up to the attic to find a surface to put the bill down, and avoid the problem of sticking desks or endtables on the front lawn.

Zephyr Zodiac
humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 01, 17:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not a problem with the pay-at-the-box hack.  I had to remove that a long time ago when no matter what I did the repo man came.  It doesn't seem to matter what dorm I use-none of them get mail.  When I try to use the lot debugger I have no stuck bills.  Actually not getting the mail is a good thing for my simms but I have to wonder if it isn't going to be with a higher price later (like game crashing or other bugs that have yet to rear their ugly head).  Funny thing is that I am not getting any error log for this.  Things to make you go Hmmmmmm.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 01, 18:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried selling the debugger once it's checked your lot?

Zephyr Zodiac
humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 02, 07:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never keep them on my lot-too ugly, and last time I never even bought one.  I usually get one if I have issues or before a birth.  I just don't understand why its only my uni lots that get no mail.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 02, 16:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had it happen too, but it seems to fix itself eventually.  I've also had it happen on home lots.  One thought, though, do you have the NPC and Visitor Zapper?  If so, could you have accidentally banned the mailperson from your lot?

Zephyr Zodiac
humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 05, 00:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope no zappers. I got mail delivery back in my hoods just not the uni ones.  I never move the sims out to private homes in uni so I am not sure if it is just the dorms.  May have to test the idea to see if it is just the dorms.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 05, 09:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some dorms do seem to be bugged, though it can happen in houses as well.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: