More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:01:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Inge where are thou?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Inge where are thou?  (Read 47623 times)
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Inge where are thou?
« Reply #100 on: 2006 April 07, 11:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What was the last straw that finally triggered it now rather than some other time?

The usual reason - an insult from an individual was the final straw (this was a respected modder, a supposed friend, not a sheep-hunter or a "senator").

Which respected modder would do this? Anyone in the community who has been with us long enough to have experience and respect should know that Inge shouldn't be insulted.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 April 07, 12:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...it gets curiouser and curiouser.

ness came up with one theory that sounds plausible, I suppose.
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 April 07, 15:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup, Inge says you are still welcome to ask her for her files if your group still lacks some.

Apparently she mistook me publishing quotes from her messages as entertainment instead of the messenger role I wanted to take. Because of that, she stopped E-Mail communication with me.

She refused to send me a backup of her forums, so I won't be able to save that. Maybe i should stop trying to save parts of simlogial and leave the rest to you.

In her mails, she accused pescado of being the worst thing that happened to the Sims community.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 April 07, 21:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I emailed Inge yesterday, but haven't received a reply.  I'm not entirely sure what was all on her site (and what she was only hosting as opposed to her own creations - flamingos?), but JadeEliott and I are working on that part.  I think between the two of us, we'll get a master list and figure out what we still need.  Hopefully, we can have everything on the Yahoo group by the middle of next week.
sgestner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 April 07, 21:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fat D...

I have been a fan of Inge's for a very long time...since I first found her stuff at livin-it-up...and I am definately a fan of JM's, and from what I've read in this forum, the two of them have, at the very least, respect for each others work.

I just don't think that it's helpful to post negative comments, whether true or not, because they only cause hurt feelings.   Besides, Inge is not here at this moment to defend herself...not that I am accusing you of fibbing...I just think that there are multiple sides to any story.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 April 10, 02:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she wanted to be here, she could, and people are already getting hurt feelings. If she wanted to explain it would probably help. Sad
« Last Edit: 2006 April 10, 13:16:37 by Ellatrue » Logged

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 2006 April 10, 02:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She has posted a list of reasons at her site:

http://www.simlogical.com/Reasons.htm

Doesn't clear things up for me though, I'm still confused, but I'm just glad that Inge's OK and that it wasn't health or anything else similar that caused her to "retire".

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 April 10, 03:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All eyes point to Pescado when she said a certain modder ticked her off. But he insults everyone, so when does she take him seriously? Maybe his insults and her lack of enjoyment while making hacks just made her decide to give up.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 April 10, 04:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I completely understand when she says "this feels like a job and I'm not even getting paid for it". Been there, done that. Once it gets like that it's time to pack it in.

IF she ever decides to mod again she should only mod what she WANTS to mod and what she would personally use in her own game and just look at it as making it for herself and then sharing it rather than just making what other people want. And she shouldn't have to worry about compatibility issues. If someone is squawking about it then that's their problem, not hers. It's not any modders job to make sure their files are 100% compatible with everything out there. Sometimes it comes down to an either or situation and the user will just have to make a decision. That's life. In other communities I've been in people may say 'My mod doesn't work with such&such's mod' or 'My mod won't work with any other mod that modifies...' etc and just leave it at that.

In this community I feel like every hack has to work with every other hack or people will start bitching about it and demanding it be made compatible with Joe Schmoe's elder potty hack or whatever the hell.

Thing is though, there's a lot of kids in the this community, particularly in the huge places like the BBS and MTS2 and a lot of them have gimmee gimmee attitudes. It's hard sometimes but they need to be ignored.

Ultimately, she needs to do what she feels best. I think she needed a break. Maybe she will mod again and maybe she won't. That's got to be her choice and I don't think people should bug her about it I think she needs her space right now.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 April 10, 06:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge stopped taking requests for mods a long time ago.  Perhaps it was already starting to get to her then.  But I think it was also because of the way Maxis keeps changing their code in each new EP, and so new EPs are not fun anymore, they just mean more work.  Of course, it would help if Maxis would quit releasing buggy products.  But aside from that, every global hack has to be examined and tested every 6 months, and it's pretty much a requirement for every modder to get every EP that comes out whether they want it or not because if they don't people will keep pestering them for updated versions of their mods.  Perhaps that's why Dizzy got out as well.  I know that if TwoJeffs or Pescado ever quit making mods for the Sims, I will probably not buy another EP, and perhaps my interest in the Sims 2 will die out as it did with Sims 1.  I do not find nearly as much enjoyment in the game the way it is shipped by Maxis.

I appreciate when modders work together on their hacks like Pescado and TJ have, or TJ and Jase, plus others.  But while it is nice, we have no right to demand that they do.  Still, I understand that it was probably very stressful for Inge, although she was very firm in her stance, she cares about people and probably would like to be able to do stuff for them if she had the time.  But there is not nearly enough time in the day as it is for real life responsibilities, let alone the Sims and making mods for everyone in the community.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 April 10, 06:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, new EPs aren't THAT much work anymore. It only takes about an hour or two upon getting it now that every single hack doesn't have to be checked manually, and generally about 85-90% will scan clean and work without changes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 April 10, 06:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM:  That is good to hear.  Grin
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 April 12, 05:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All eyes point to Pescado when she said a certain modder ticked her off. But he insults everyone, so when does she take him seriously? Maybe his insults and her lack of enjoyment while making hacks just made her decide to give up.

"If you are one of the people who is working on a way to share my files, and you find you have stuff missing, I can probably find a way to make them available to you privately if you let me know.  If you're the person who pissed me off, don't bother asking as you probably won't even have the decency to say they're my work."

That doesn't sound to me much like something Pescado would do ... but what do I know?  Huh

That sounds more like someone was stealing her hacks and distributing them as their own... but again, pure speculation, as I'm out of the loop.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: