More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:10:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  A question for Motoki / Problem solved thanks to Sagana
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A question for Motoki / Problem solved thanks to Sagana  (Read 21521 times)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
A question for Motoki / Problem solved thanks to Sagana
« on: 2006 April 05, 15:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since university I have noticed that my sims could have (at age transition) clothes that are not available to buy and are not available in CAS even in debug mode.
Some of these clothes are nice, so I would like to know if they could be made available to buy (I'm addressing this post to Motoki because of the hack he made that enables adult clothes for elder.)
Here's some screenshots to show you the clothes I'm talking about (your sims can have them at age transition but you can also have them on random generated sims in CAS, even if they are not selectable (hope this make sense))

adult female undies : filename bacpnkgldundies.package, unknown source, it was a project package and not a finished package

teen female undies

elder female undies (these ones are not nice  Cheesy)

teen male pajama

teen female pajama : edit : it's a victorian nightgown from all about style, the file was "corrupted" on my computer and did not show in CAS, and was used at age transition. Redownloading this file from the site solved the problem. It appears it was a project package and not a finished one.

adult female sport : I really like this one

adult female swimsuit : I have seen them in 3 or 4 different colors, note that the last one (pink) IS available in CAS...
edit : maybe the pink one is not normally available in CAS : when in debug mode the text says "masculine hair style by elau"  Shocked I will try without this particular hair in my game and see....

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers me.
pioupiou
« Last Edit: 2006 April 06, 00:17:51 by pioupiou » Logged
sgestner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: A question for Motoki (and anyone else who knows)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 05, 15:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I'm addressing this post to Motoki because of the hack he made that enables adult clothes for elder.)

There is a hack for this?  Where is it available for download? 

Thanx.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 05, 16:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is available here.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 05, 18:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you are saying these are not custom clothes and they are hidden in the game somewhere?  Shocked

Wow, I would love to be able to dress my Sims in those.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 05, 18:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's lots of hidden stuff in the game.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 05, 18:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well from now on I will take the time to see what the random Sims is wearing when I create Sims in CAS in case they end-up with those clothes, well that is until someone find a way to make them available.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 05, 18:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Motoki's mod that I linked above, you can see them in CAS.  You can't normally see them without some sort of mod (although debug mode may do it as well, I'm not sure).
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 05, 18:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I have a *nightmare mod* I use now which enables *all* clothing and hair…

You wouldn't believe how unstable my game is. I use it to figure out what is hidden and yet works so I can maybe do a proper unlocker later.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 05, 18:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Motoki's mod that I linked above, you can see them in CAS.  You can't normally see them without some sort of mod (although debug mode may do it as well, I'm not sure).
I haven't tried motoki's mod yet but I can tell you that these outfits do not show with debug mode (that what makes me ask this question).
I will try motokis mod and let you know.
Pioupiou
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 05, 19:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, honestly, I have seen a lot of stuff in CAS that I hadn't seen before, but I rarely go boyond the bazillions of custom outfits I have, so I don't even really know what Maxis has.  I haven't looked to see what the new OFB stuff is even.  Tongue
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 05, 20:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any of those outfits in CAS but I have seen swimwear for male children and male teens that is not available to dress them in. It usually happens when I'm creating a sim or using JM's pile of clothes and switch from one category of clothing to the next. I've been very curious about this as well because the swimming trunks are better looking then anything actually available.  Sad

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 05, 20:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm new here, but I've been lurking for quite awhile. That teen nightgown is available to download from All About Style here. Do you think the game could have just started dressing Sims using custom content at age transitions as of University?

Eschew Obfuscation.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 05, 21:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've haven't had a sim dress in custom content at age transition since the base game, when it would use clothing already in the family wardrobe if available rather than generating a random house of horror outfit. Since I installed Uni last year it uses random Maxis clothes every time.

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 05, 21:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That teen nightgown is available to download from All About Style here.
I have checked and indeed I have this file in my downloads folder : FTnightgown1.package
But the nightgown does not appear in CAS nor it is buyable !
The other nightgown found at all about style looks like the other one I've seen in my game, but I don't have this one in my downloads....
I will look into this package and download the other one to see what will happen.

Bluesoup : Motoki's mod do not enabled these outfits.

pioupiou
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 05, 21:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That teen nightgown is available to download from All About Style here.
I have checked and indeed I have this file in my downloads folder : FTnightgown1.package
But the nightgown does not appear in CAS nor it is buyable !
The other nightgown found at all about style looks like the other one I've seen in my game, but I don't have this one in my downloads....
I will look into this package and download the other one to see what will happen.

Oh C**P - I've heard of this before - a long time ago - and I had a theory.  Damn.  I can't remember.  Ill try to find out.

Inteen for AL, yay!
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 05, 21:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so I just downloaded the other nightgown at all about style : comparing the 2 files in simpe the first one (the one in my picture) has 2 differences with the second in the property set : the flag is set to 0 (8 for the 2nd nightgown) and the creator string is 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 whereas in the other it is 0e75631b-4394-73f7-a779-deb168d70fa4.
I will change these values and see what happens

edit : I redownload FTnightgown1.package from all about style and in this file the flag is 8 and the creator string is 0e75631b-4394-73f7-a779-deb168d70fa4.... So something must have happened to this file on my computer.... Shocked Shocked

edit2 : when I just change the flag and the creator string the nightgown still don't show in CAS... But using the newly downloaded file solve the problem. So for the teenage girl nightgown the problem is solved, my file was somehow corrupted.
Any ideas on the other outfits ?? Mainly the adult female undies that I find very nice.

Thanks a lot Bitsy for pointing me in the right direction.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 05, 22:24:22 by pioupiou » Logged
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 05, 22:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edit : I redownload FTnightgown1.package from all about style and in this file the flag is 8 and the creator string is 0e75631b-4394-73f7-a779-deb168d70fa4.... So something must have happened to this file on my computer.... Shocked Shocked

Can I ask - can you remember ever having had that outfit and then deleting it?

Inteen for AL, yay!
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 05, 22:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really remember downloading it, but I must have since I am a big fan of all about style. But honestly I can't remember to ever have seen it in CAS. I just noticed one day that a child transition to teen with the nightgown, and I was surprised (doesn't look like maxis stuff...)
The file I redownload this evening appears to work fine (is there in CAS, with the custom content asterisk and says "FTnightgown1" in the mouse-over text)
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 05, 22:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really remember downloading it, but I must have since I am a big fan of all about style. But honestly I can't remember to ever have seen it in CAS. I just noticed one day that a child transition to teen with the nightgown, and I was surprised (doesn't look like maxis stuff...)
The file I redownload this evening appears to work fine (is there in CAS, with the custom content asterisk and says "FTnightgown1" in the mouse-over text)

I ask because I think my theory (and no doubt everyone will now dispute it but here goes anyway) went something like this:

I made for myself some clothes very early on before University was released.  I eventually decided I could do better and deleted them but some sims of mine had actually bought them by that point and they were in their wardrobe.  After deletion, the clothes were no longer visible in CAS.  However, next time I went to that lot, the clothes were still in the dresser.  The reason I looked in the dresser was because a sim changed into a set of my clothes at age-transition.  I speculated at the time that the lot/family file might retain a copy of the clothes even when the original file had been deleted.  This was a long time ago though and I've never seen it since.  However, I remember getting involved with a discussion on MTS2 about a very similar incident.  I've just been over there and I can't find the thread - but again it was a good while back.  A woman had found some clothes files which turned up at age-transitions but which she wasn't able to see in her game in CAS or in Bodyshop.  When she posted pictures, some of the clothes were immediately recognised as custom content.

I think something similar is happening here but quite what the mechanism is, I don't know and I can't remember the details.  What you say about the PSets being different is very interesting - I'd say the game must have changed the values at some point making them invisible to CAS.  We know this can be done because some people have made mods to hide or reveal certain sets of clothes (Motoki).  Also, those clothes all look too nice to be Maxis originals - I bet they're all CC.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 05, 22:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I have a *nightmare mod* I use now which enables *all* clothing and hair…

You wouldn't believe how unstable my game is. I use it to figure out what is hidden and yet works so I can maybe do a proper unlocker later.
I would like to try that.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 05, 22:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went in CAS and made some random sims until I have the outfit in question, I made a whole family with nice names such as teenfemaleundies.... Cheesy
I cloned them in simpe and then open these cloned files in simpe. In the 3d referencing file where you can see the sims' clothes, the line corresponding to my "mystery" outfit was only the property set number (0xEBCF3E27-0x00000000-0x7F193A33-0x00000001 for the adult female undies for example) without all the text you found on the other lines (Category=Formal; Age=Adult; Name=afbodydresslongtwo_leopard (Property Set 0xEBCF3E27-0x00000000-0x2C17B74A-0x4CC775A7) for the formal outfit in this example)
Then I added my downloads/clothes/undies folder to the simpe filetable and reloaded the simfile.
The undies line was then : Category=Undies; Age=Adult; Name=afbodyswimwear_sportbikiniblue (Property Set 0xEBCF3E27-0x00000000-0x7F193A33-0x00000001)
So, even if I don't understand half of this, I came to the conclusion that these lovely undies are indeed custom content.
My question now is how do I found what file it is (without opening each and every of my undies files in simpe) and how do I correct it to make it show in CAS correctly ??
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 05, 22:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, I remember getting involved with a discussion on MTS2 about a very similar incident.

I remember a similar discussion, I *think* here. There was one person who eventually discovered her husband had downloaded some clothes for her as a surprise and didn't tell her, but several others who (like you) had downloaded and deleted and they still showed up or who had downloaded some clothes that didn't work properly. I can't really remember too many details.

Unsouper
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 April 05, 23:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, I remember getting involved with a discussion on MTS2 about a very similar incident.

I remember a similar discussion, I *think* here. There was one person who eventually discovered her husband had downloaded some clothes for her as a surprise and didn't tell her, but several others who (like you) had downloaded and deleted and they still showed up or who had downloaded some clothes that didn't work properly. I can't really remember too many details.

Well clothes that don't work properly are often when the maker releases the files from their project folder and not the finalised files from Saved Sims.  I wonder if that could be it?  If you put in an unfinalised file from Projects in someone else's game, the textures are still there but not readable.  Maybe they would turn up at random on aging up.

You know - I'm not sure if you're not describing the same discussion.  That would explain why I couldn't find it at MTS2.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 05, 23:08:59 by maxon » Logged

Inteen for AL, yay!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 April 05, 23:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, I think there was something about them being saved as project files... that sounds familiar too.

I can't find it here either though :) I can't think of good search terms... I went through 5 pages with just straight "clothes" as a search and gave up and that would leave out something called "lost clothing" or variations... and really, the thread could be named something totally not relevant...

PS: I think if they are project files, it might be possible to open them as projects and save them out properly. I know they're fixable somehow... I just can't remember exactly how.

Unsouper
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 April 05, 23:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, I think there was something about them being saved as project files... that sounds familiar too.
PS: I think if they are project files, it might be possible to open them as projects and save them out properly. I know they're fixable somehow... I just can't remember exactly how.
I think there must be something to this affect because after more than an hour of searching through my undies files, I found those lovely pink undies shown in the first thread and the flag in the property set is 0, the creator string is 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 and the file is lacking the Binary Index I see in another undies file I opened for comparison.
So this file really looks unfinished.
But I don't really know what to do to fix it, except maybe clone a similar undies and past the texture in it.
I will try (and then sometimes I should go to bed it's nearly 01:00 am here....) and report back.
Pioupiou

PS: many thanks to maxon bitsy and sagana for pointing me in the right direction
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: