More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 01:21:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  midnight wake up
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: midnight wake up  (Read 6753 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
midnight wake up
« on: 2006 April 05, 09:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone recognise this problem?

Simmer A: " How come my sims always wake up around 12am everytime even thought their energy bar is still low?"  "There isn't any T.V, Computer, Stereo, etc. in the room. But my sims are still waking up at the middle of the night."
" I don't think I have a ghost or they had a nightmare. Even 10 seconds before 12am when I send them to bed. They wake up at 12am again. "

Simmer B: "This happens to me as well, only some of my sims do this. All of a sudden they will just jump from bed and stand there, but they are still sleepy. I just have them go back to bed. There is nothing on to wake them, and everysim is sleeping. I have no idea why this happens."   "I personallly don't have any hacks or downloaded items in my game for them to wake up at midnight."

I'm away for a bit, so thanks in advance for the help.
EDITED to add a bit to the description.  simmer A might have a DL problem of some sort.  Simmer B says not.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 05, 10:51:42 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: midnight wake up
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 05, 09:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea. Must be a Cwykes problem.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 05, 10:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually this isn't a cwykes problem - it's 2 other board friends problem.  I just want to know wtf it is!  I tried saying hack conflict or out-of-date hack ex, but then one says they have a vanilla game...  Maxis glitch?

Oh and one of them had testingcheats on and got no error messages.

The terrain paint thing is clearly a cwykes problem.  Had another one the other day..
Cleanbots being restocked as hydrobots might be a cwykes problem too

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 05, 10:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dont they sit bolt upright after they have had a bad dream?

Axe murdered since 2006
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 05, 10:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't sound like nightmares to me.  they were standing by the bed. Sims usually go back to sleep after a nightmare I think.

There's a great thread here somewhere on nightmares - lots of descriptions and there were some pics.

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 05, 11:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do they have a grandfather clock in the bedroom ? it rings at midnight, 6 am, midday and 6 pm.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 05, 13:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has happened to me a few times recently and I don't know the reason, either.  It's happened with Sims in gold aspiration, so it's certainly not a nightmare in their case.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 05, 15:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The terrain paint thing is clearly a cwykes problem.  Had another one the other day..

Which terrain paint thing?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 06, 00:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a long and venerable saga last mentioned in the OFB problems thread - I had base game only for a long time and wanted to do Strangetown versions of my little community lots.  I couldn't get the terrain to convert no matter what I did.  I've now added OFB and I've had an old packaged lot turn desert on me and two brand new ones.  The brand new ones were fixed by picking up and putting down again, the other one I bulldozed.  I also had a pre-OFB lot crash the game, but that could be missing content and might not be related.

reply314 here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3287.300

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: