More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:57:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim in BodyShop does not appear in CAS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim in BodyShop does not appear in CAS  (Read 12333 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Sim in BodyShop does not appear in CAS
« on: 2006 April 04, 01:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please forgive me if this is a really stupid question, but seeing as how I got absolutely no help at MTS2, I figured I may at least get pointed in the right direction by asking here.

I have about three sims that I had downloaded a long time ago and had installed them as per usual. They appeared (and still do) just fine in BodyShop, but when I went to find them in Create A Sim, they didn't appear at all. I had tried the obvious (namely, making sure they are of the correct age group; packaging them up and placing them into the Saved Sims folder), but nothing that I did seemed to fix this little snafu. Any ideas as to what could be wrong, and/or how I could fix it?

Also as a side note (although this really doesn't trouble me all that much), I occasionally have sims of the opposite gender showing up in CAS, but when I click on them, the sim appears as a different sim altogether (as the 'correct' gender). Could this also play a part in the problem I'm having?

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Sim in BodyShop does not appear in CAS
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 04, 02:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the same problem recently with one Sim - it's the weirdest thing.  I haven't put much thought into it though.

As for the other, try deleting your CAS thumbnails, which should correct your problem.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 04, 05:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also as a side note (although this really doesn't trouble me all that much), I occasionally have sims of the opposite gender showing up in CAS, but when I click on them, the sim appears as a different sim altogether (as the 'correct' gender). Could this also play a part in the problem I'm having?
I have recently seen this in my game with some of the MATY sims I have downloaded from this site. I have also noticed that I can have two thumbnails of the same personi CAS, but when clicking on them they show up as different sims. I'm curious as to what causes this also.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 04, 07:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just going to ask if this could be what your problem is as I've run into that, too.  (You really shouldn't whisper in here--I'm getting old and can't hear so well. LOL)

You said you're packaging these sims up and moving them to the Saved Sims folder?  You shouldn't need to package them at all, just find their .package files and move them.  Hmmm.  Now I'm trying to remember where on earth those are kept!  I declare, this game was programmed so the general masses were supposed to be able to do anything and everything on their own with no help, and in the process ended up being programmed so stupidly it takes an act of congress to actually find something when it doesn't work properly!

Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 04, 11:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You aren't doing what I was doing yesterday and looking for young adults in neighbourhood CAS are you? After Blue reminded me yesterday I went to the Uni Cas and found my little simmy there.

Axe murdered since 2006
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 04, 17:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also make sure you're looking in the right gender/ agegroup for the sim. Delething the thumbnail files will solve the problem of the incorrect sim showing up on the thumbnail picture.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 06, 01:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes BlueSoup and simsample, deleting the thumbnails did help with that other problem, thanks. But I still cannot figure out why these three sims absolutely refuse to show up in CAS. I tried cloning them, I tried modifying them, I even tried removing the Downloads folder, restarting/exiting BodyShop, then replacing the Downloads into the newly created empty folder and restarting the game, but nothing I do seems to work at all. I really don't understand why these three in particular are fighting with me.  Angry

"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 19, 23:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you could upload them here and let some of us look at them, too, to help you figure it out the problem?
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 20, 05:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Completely off topic but denimjo, your avatar is lovely, would you consider maybe uploading her? (Is that your sim-self?)
(And no, I have nothing helpful to contribute, sorry! Embarrassed)

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 20, 16:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry if this is a stupid comment, but I've noticed that if I extract a sim with SIM PE, then the sim will show up in Body shop, but not in CAS until I load the saved sim in Body shop, and save it (at which point it writes one of those incomprehensible files).

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 22, 03:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, I'll upload the three problem sims, if you'd like. Smiley Give me a few minutes to upload them to a file-sharing site and I'll post the links.

ETA: Here's the link to the first one. Size: 3.7 Mb. Sorry. Sad
ETA: Here's the link to the second one. Size: 885 Kb.
ETA: Here's the link to the third. Size: 3.8 Mb. Sorry again. I would've put them into .rar format, but with IZArc, I don't know how.

KellyQ, the sim in my avatar is actually a character I created for a forum-based RPG I have just gotten into. I would be more than happy to upload her for you as well. Smiley I'll provide a link in a few minutes.
ETA: Here you go. Enjoy!

Gethane, do you mean make a clone of the sim? Because I've tried that and it still doesn't work. Although I can't do it the way you describe, because I can't even get them into the game in the first place.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to try to help me. Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2006 April 22, 04:05:01 by denimjo » Logged

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 22, 07:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks very much, denimjo Grin

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 07, 05:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please forgive me for bringing this up again, but I was wondering if anyone had had a chance to take a looksee at the files to see if anything was wrong with them. I really am completely and utterly baffled as to why those three just ain't workin'.

SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 14, 03:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please forgive me for bringing this up again, but I was wondering if anyone had had a chance to take a looksee at the files to see if anything was wrong with them. I really am completely and utterly baffled as to why those three just ain't workin'.

I have just downloaded them and am going to run them through the course.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 14, 04:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a link to the original file denimjo so i know what im looking for?

Scratch that I have no new sims showing up in either cas or bodyshop, is it possible that they had recolours that require cep that maybe you don't have installed.  Would be interesting if someone that had cep installed could test them.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 14, 04:33:38 by Simlover » Logged

Axe murdered since 2006
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 14, 04:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The filenames ought to give you a clue -- they're all Harry Potter characters. Wink Hm, guess I'll check them out myself.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 14, 04:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure there is more than one creator of harry potter characters out there.

Axe murdered since 2006
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 14, 05:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I didn't have any trouble identifying them, since I haven't got any other Sims in Gryffindor uniforms saved. Wink

Anyhow, they show up just fine in my game -- here are screenshots of them in Create-A-Student (yes, these are young adult Sims -- I made sure to check in Body Shop before I went looking for them in the game).

James: http://pics.livejournal.com/akatonbo/pic/0003f5fz
Remus: http://pics.livejournal.com/akatonbo/pic/0003gky0
Sirius: http://pics.livejournal.com/akatonbo/pic/0003hksy

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 14, 07:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhhhhh, I see. Thank you all for your assistance. Simlover, you were absolutely correct; that was what I was doing wrong. I feel so incredibly stupid right now it's not even funny. Well, maybe it is to you all, but not to me.  Embarrassed How could I have missed that they were Young Adult sims? *beats the ever lovin' crap out of self*

In the future, if I ever manage to piss anyone at this site, please feel free to reference this thread and I will be properly cowed and lose the will to express myself anymore. This is humiliating... it's like a college professor not knowing how to save a file. *shame*

Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 14, 07:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the future, if I ever manage to piss anyone at this site, please feel free to reference this thread and I will be properly cowed and lose the will to express myself anymore. This is humiliating... it's like a college professor not knowing how to save a file. *shame*

I would never do anything so horrid, besides I have my fair share of stupid days!

Axe murdered since 2006
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 15, 08:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhhhhh, I see. Thank you all for your assistance. Simlover, you were absolutely correct; that was what I was doing wrong. I feel so incredibly stupid right now it's not even funny. Well, maybe it is to you all, but not to me.  Embarrassed How could I have missed that they were Young Adult sims? *beats the ever lovin' crap out of self*

Don't feel bad, I also looked a the three Sims in Body Shop, but did not immediately realize they were YAs.  I was going to add that I had checked in CAS and all the necessary components were there, custom genetics and clothing - about 9 files worth, but no Sims.  When I went back into BS, I cloned them and deleted the originals (to check for Body Shop stability) and then realized they were YAs.  I created another set, regular Adult Sims, and found that the Hogwarts uniform was categorized for both YA and adults.  So now I have a set in both age categories that can be played in either Uni or the regular neighborhood.

Glad you are good to go now and that your issues are resolved.

SM
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: