More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:53:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mirror Mirror (Female Toddler edition)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who is the ugliest of them all?  (Voting closed: 2006 April 07, 12:07:58)
Fred - 3 (4%)
Nene - 34 (45.3%)
Jo - 0 (0%)
Bing - 1 (1.3%)
Marj - 37 (49.3%)
Total Voters: 70

Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mirror Mirror (Female Toddler edition)  (Read 18144 times)
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Mirror Mirror (Female Toddler edition)
« Reply #25 on: 2006 April 05, 11:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first one is Fred, with the ponytail.  The girl to her left is her teenage sister who was holding her in the first picture.  The second one is Marj.

And it did occur to me that that may not be the best picture of Marj, but I tend to think it goes both ways, since her scariest feature, her eyes, actually looked better in that picture.  Here's another one that I hope is large enough to show her in her "at rest" state.

EDIT: and of course it is, I'm so foolish.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 April 06, 10:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i got nothing useful to add but I just wish to express my condolences that ur game seems overun with things I wouldn't even call sims  Undecided

I'll kill them all and pretend they didn't exist in the first place.

Go Away
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 April 06, 10:37:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i got nothing useful to add but I just wish to express my condolences that ur game seems overun with things I wouldn't even call sims  Undecided

I'll kill them all and pretend they didn't exist in the first place.

And then miss out on the magical moment when you suddenly realize that all your attractive female sims want to bump uglies (when has that expression been more appropriate?) with these guys?

Besides, if I went about knocking off all my ugly sims, I'd still be doing it well into next year.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 06, 14:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you don't....

let them BREED, do you???

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 April 06, 14:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Errr...I think she does...that explains why they never die out and why we have these polls.... Cheesy

Go Away
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 April 07, 05:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you don't....

let them BREED, do you???

None of the sims in either of the two polls have had children.  Of the girls in this poll, the two oldest are teens now so it hasn't even been an issue.

However, I sort of had a notion of what I was getting into when I had these two breed:

And sure enough, those two are the parents of Nene, Marj and Terrell, three of the four ugliest children in Veronaville.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 April 07, 07:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The woman is fine, but with the strange structure of the man's face it's absolutely no wonder their children looked so bizarre as babies and children. Tongue

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 April 07, 17:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, I sort of had a notion of what I was getting into when I had these two breed:

And sure enough, those two are the parents of Nene, Marj and Terrell, three of the four ugliest children in Veronaville.

Yikes! Your sims are rivaling Maxis in the fugly department. I can't imagine what the rest of your game looks like. Shocked

The ugliest sim in my game is the daugther of Jill Smith (PT9's daughter) and the eldest Grunt kid. Oddly enough though, her brother is a beautiful little boy. The poor girl really got the worst of her parents' genes.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 April 07, 21:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The big question is - where'd the Dad come from? The mom is okay - no beauty, but not bad, but the Dad is clearly where your unfortunate offspring get their fugliness.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 April 08, 08:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither of them look too bad on their own, but once you start mixing genes...that's where it gets messy.  Sad  I wish the game blended sim parents' features better.  That's one of the biggest things I looked forward to in Sims 2.  In Sims 1 it seemed like kids never really looked like their parents, and they never grew up either (without mods).  A while back, I created a family of redheads.  I carefully picked what I thought was a good looking male and female and set them up with a set of toddlers.  They were both Family aspiration and wanted 10 kids.  They were going to populate my Pleasantview with redheads.  But their features didn't blend well at all.  Sad  I ended up doing plastic surgery on almost all of them in college.  The poor girls had horrible noses.  What was a cute upturned nose on their mom did not carry over well.  The boys all got their father's cheekbones, but they were out of balance with the rest of their faces.  There were other things too, like the spacing between their nose and mouth, the length of their face and neck, etc.  I changed them in SimPE so the changes would be genetic, but now that they are breeding, it seems like some of the features are still coming through.  I can't kill them off though, they are still my favorite family, and I've put too much into them.  One of the youngest had twins with Dana, Don Lothario's daughter.  The little boy's eyes are so huge and misshapen!  I was disappointed.  So they will just become best friends with the plastic surgery machine, or actually, the InSim's facial structure adjuster, until those strange features become more balanced, or something.   Cry
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 April 10, 13:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The woman is fine, but with the strange structure of the man's face it's absolutely no wonder their children looked so bizarre as babies and children. Tongue

What's wrong with his face apart from the fact that his eyebrows don't seem to extend as far out as his eyes do, which, is a little strange, given they're so close together in the first place?  Wait ... I see what you mean now.   Cheesy

So they will just become best friends with the plastic surgery machine, or actually, the InSim's facial structure adjuster, until those strange features become more balanced, or something.   Cry

Isn't that just like real life though?  Plastic surgery corrects the mistakes nature makes. 

Anyway, I think you're all strange playing with pretty sims all the time - embrace their ugliness, I say.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 April 10, 17:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These kids weren't that bad once they got out of the face-mangledness of toddlerhood, so yes, I'd say to leave them alone. However, I get a bit tired, myself, of people rattling on about 'embracing the ugliness' of sims that look nothing like any actual human being. My philosophy (so to speak) is that they're modeled after human beings so they can damn well continue to look like human beings, even if I have to force the issue and correct blending mistakes myself.

Not a dig at you, maxon, I know you meant the former (a bit ugly as adults maybe but still human) and not the latter (eyestalks, f'rex). I just can't seem to resist dragging out my soapbox sometimes.  Wink

I can't seem to say it often enough - you can't judge how a sim will look by its looks as a toddler, as how the code interprets an adult face into a toddler face is faulty and often doesn't work.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 April 10, 17:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the father actually, it's a unique, realistic face (if not a supermodel). But I can see why the genes wouldn't mix well.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 April 10, 17:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These kids weren't that bad once they got out of the face-mangledness of toddlerhood, so yes, I'd say to leave them alone. However, I get a bit tired, myself, of people rattling on about 'embracing the ugliness' of sims that look nothing like any actual human being. My philosophy (so to speak) is that they're modeled after human beings so they can damn well continue to look like human beings, even if I have to force the issue and correct blending mistakes myself.

Not a dig at you, maxon, I know you meant the former (a bit ugly as adults maybe but still human) and not the latter (eyestalks, f'rex). I just can't seem to resist dragging out my soapbox sometimes.  Wink

I refer you here:

http://thefunnypage.com/eyes/   Grin

Seriously, though, the examples in this thread of ugly sim children are nothing compared to the real thing. 

Inteen for AL, yay!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 April 10, 18:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eww, that is just creepy.  That can't be good.  I don't see anything wrong with correcting blending mistakes either.  After all, it's just a computer game, and the game engine is limited in how much it can do.  I try to keep the individuality of the sim's face while balancing certain features that just stand out and slap you in the face every time you look at them.  Perhaps some people enjoy ugly sims.  Maxis townies are just right for you then.  But I want my sims to look somewhat human, as Renatus said.  I do not enjoy playing the game with sims who look like freaks.  And isn't that what the game is about?  Enjoyment? 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: