More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:08:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Point & Laugh ? about installing lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Point & Laugh ? about installing lots  (Read 17420 times)
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Point & Laugh ? about installing lots
« Reply #25 on: 2006 April 05, 23:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember reading anything anywhere that says CI will check the Maxi objects.    I thought it was designed to help with the stuff in our Downloads folder specifically.   I think the only way it might work on the ingame object pkges is if the creator added a function for it to do that.    So No, CI probably doesn't have that capability.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 April 05, 23:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if you're talking about the in-game Maxis objects, or the downloaded Maxis objects.  In-game doesn't appear, but downloaded Maxis objects should.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 April 05, 23:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Bluesoup.    I forgot about the extras that Maxi gives us.    They are indeed in the Downloads.

Marg
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 06, 00:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was talking about the original game objects not the maxis downloads.  CI checks the downloads folder only as far as I know.  I don't think the functionality is there to check against objects in program files.  I just worry about whether I'm right, because I've seen good simmers post that it does that check.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 April 06, 11:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well <sigh> my game is definately not working the way everyone else's does.

I installed a lot, left the mish-mash in the downloads folder, went into the game and made sure the lot was in the bin, placed it and looked at it and it was fine - all custom content on the lot. Played another family for a long time, leaving the house alone. Next play session, before I started the game I moved the custom content to it's own folder (subfolder called "lots", another called TSR, another called "CycloneSue", then "Ghoul's Point")  and deleted all the empty packages. Looked at the house I had placed earlier - it had no cc. Bulldozed it and put another down from the bin (just in case). No cc Sad

A hack conflict couldn't possibly cause that, could it? <finds it hard to imagine> Could it be because I'm using Clean Installer to install the lot? And then to delete the empty packages? (and I'm still getting a lot of them, seems like they multiply, even tho I've not added anything else to the game). Could I have it subfoldered too deep or something?

Any other ideas? I'm at a loss.

Unsouper
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 April 06, 15:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I install lots with the Clean Installer too, and I delete the empty packages that crop up as well.  I think you have it subfoldered too deep, since that's the only difference I can see.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 April 06, 15:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! Smiley I'll try moving it up about 3 levels and see if that works.

Unsouper
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 April 06, 16:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. Create a "misc" folder and dump all those files that comes with lots inside...after that, forget that folder is there, pretend it doesn't exist. Go into game and enjoy the lots  Grin

this is my solution as well.

my d/l file still looks nice, and I haven't lost anything.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 April 07, 11:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it was indeed the deep subfolders causing it (Thanks Blue!). Moving the content to just one subfolder from downloads worked fine. Now I'll have to see if I can have at least 2 so I can separate them some.

Thanks again. s'funny, so far as I know, there's no limit anywhere else to how deep the subfolders can go. Or maybe there is and I've just never noticed Smiley

Unsouper
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 April 07, 11:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe.  That just makes me want to test it all out now, to see how deep one can go in subfoldering with each type of item.  Of course, that will also cut into gameplay time.

*sigh*
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 April 07, 11:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ain't that the truth. There's just not enough hours in the day. I don't really think there's a *good* reason why I can't sim at work - just that 'paying me to work' nonsense, hmph ;)

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 April 07, 12:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ain't that the truth. There's just not enough hours in the day. I don't really think there's a *good* reason why I can't sim at work - just that 'paying me to work' nonsense, hmph Wink
You could just abandon the weak and feeble concept of "days" and take up continuous insomnia. Then the number of hours in a day would cease to be relevant.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 April 07, 12:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried that on occasion. Unfortunately, my weak and feeble still living body tends to object shortly. I could give up the living part, but as of yet haven't found an alternative that really appeals to me.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 April 07, 12:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried that on occasion. Unfortunately, my weak and feeble still living body tends to object shortly. I could give up the living part, but as of yet haven't found an alternative that really appeals to me.
Caffeine is life.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 April 07, 12:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My job would probably see it as unfavorable if I stopped going.  That's sort of where the "days" concept is.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 April 10, 14:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FAI: My current deepest sub-foldering goes down five levels.  Has anyone sub-foldered more than that?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: