More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 08:55:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't use sales socials on some visiting sims from other lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't use sales socials on some visiting sims from other lots  (Read 2428 times)
Dolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't use sales socials on some visiting sims from other lots
« on: 2006 April 02, 03:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a couple families that I can't use sales socials on when they visit my sim's business.  I've got a ticket machine, and they are considering paying to enter, but whenever my sim tries to do any of the sales socials, it sets it up (turning my sim and the visiting sim to look at each other) but then it just drops out of queue, without playing any animations or affecting the buy bar.

I always play with testing cheats turned on, and there are no errors generated when this happens.

This never happens when a townie is considering going in; just the playable sims.  When it happens, it happens consistently for all family members.  However, these sims do sometimes purchase a ticket -- I just can't influence them when they are deciding.  It's gotten irritating enough that I'm going to put back in JM's "No Playable Shoppers" hack, but I did like having the playable sims come by once in a while...
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Can't use sales socials on some visiting sims from other lots
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 02, 14:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use the 'no playable shoppers' hack, also get his money order, and use that to control playables coming to the lot.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Dolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 02, 15:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use the 'no playable shoppers' hack, also get his money order, and use that to control playables coming to the lot.

Yep.  Thanks for the suggestion; I had forgotten about that fine tuning being available. 

I did confirm the problem I had seemed to have something to do with the family funds of the affected families.  When I played the affected family and increased their fundage, I then was able to complete the sales socials on the original lots.  The amounts the affected families had were low, but not so low that they couldn't pay to get on the lot.  And like I said these family members would sometimes (often even, if the price was reasonable enough) choose to pay on their own, without the sales socials. 
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 02, 21:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like you found the problem OK.  When I was missing sales and management socials, it was a universal problem and the cause was an old version of a hack from MTS2  (moveinall)

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: