More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 02:32:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Townie Employees and Jobs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Townie Employees and Jobs  (Read 3486 times)
MaxisManiac
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Townie Employees and Jobs
« on: 2006 March 29, 16:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just one question: after I fire a townie from my business, do they get a job in one of the careers again? I'm asking this because one of the townies I fired is now "Unemployeed".
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Townie Employees and Jobs
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 29, 16:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it says when you give them a job that they already have another job and so taking yours will force them to quit.  So, it must make them unemployed when you fire them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 29, 16:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you really care if a townie gets another useless job or not? It's not like the townies need income, so it doesn't matter if they have jobs or not.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 29, 16:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It only really matters if you plant to ever move them in. If you do, don't give a mayor a cashier job. Wink But Pescado's hack should prevent that from happening anyhow and only let you hire ones with so-so jobs in the first place.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 29, 17:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game generates jobs and levels randomly for townies, so they should get something else.  Usually it's the next time they appear - if you make them selectable they should have another job at that point.  Komei Tellerman went to jail in my game and was only about Level 3 in Medical - after leaving prison he ended-up Chief of Staff.  Must have done quite a lot of studying while he was inside!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 30, 06:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you really want them to have a job again either give them one with SimPE or use Inge's Teleporter shrub, move them into a household and make them into a Townie again, which will randomly give them another job.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 30, 07:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Previously I fired a townie from one of my playable sims' shop. Another playable sim fell in love with her so I moved her  in. Her job is reflected as "Employee" even though she is fired and her wage is shown as $0.
So my conclusion is Maxis doesn't give them another job when you fire them and their status stay as employee, perhaps to be rotated in the 'employee pool' to be rehired again.

Go Away
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 30, 09:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are related points, but not on topic -
Your playable sims don't get marked as unemployed when you sell a business to a townie and it goes back into the real estate pool.  They still show as employed and the carpool shows up even though the business that doesn't exist any more.  I suppose technically it belongs to that townie you sold it to.  I had them call and quit so I don't know if they get paid while the business is defunct or if they show up on the lot if another Sim buys it. Anyone found out?

How much do your sims get paid?  I don't think it's the large amounts that you see from the business.  I suspect they get their hourly rate for the whole day but I didn't actually look closely enough. Embarrassed  I wonder if their pay ever changes?  Do they get their rises?  When they get some skills, quit and then get employed again, does their wage go up?  It does from the business end.

One of the things I like about this EP - elders can finally make some money without painting all day!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 30, 11:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims get paid their hourly wage multiplied by their hours of work, which the game implicitly assumes is 8, and assigns them 0900-1700 hours even if they you never run your shop like that. And yes, their pay reflects their wages in that regard.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: