More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 20:11:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  HELP
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: HELP  (Read 8549 times)
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
HELP
« on: 2006 March 26, 15:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone,  I have encountered a problem with one of my OFB owned community lots.
I can no longer loadup either the community lot or the home lot of the owner as the are traped in the community lot.

How it Happened,   well the owner was at her store and everything was acting normally, the store was closed so their was only her on the lot. I went into 'BUY' mode to add a few new items to be sold. I actually purcahsed the 'Phone, MP3, Game device' vending machine and then i selected it as sellable. well when I retuned to 'LIVE' mode i found my sim just frozen as if the game was paused,  even though it wasnt. I tried changing game speeds, pausing and unpausing and even got the lot debugger to cause errors to try and sort it but nothing worked.

Anyway, I left the lot to try and reload it, but now the game just crashes while trying to load the lot.

does anyone have any suggests as to what I can do.
I have simPE but dont know much about it, I was wondering if it had any ability to reset lots.

any help would be appreciated.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 26, 16:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried entering the lot with testingCheats enabled? When in neighborhood view, press Ctrl-Shift-c, type "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true" (without the quotes) and hit enter. Now try to enter the lot. If an error message pops up see what causes the error, then click delete. Hopefully, you'll be able to enter the lot now.

Edit: just some friendly advice: when you start a thread like this, please choose a title that's specific to your problem. HELP is pretty desperate, yes, but it's also VERY generic and might be overlooked.  Smiley

Let the Beast inside you free!
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 26, 16:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I tried what you suggested but it had no effect.

The loading screen comes up and the animation runs, with the lights moving accross to the right and then shooting back to the left, but after that it just stalls.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 26, 16:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...just a long shot really: try removing all your hacks, then enter.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 26, 16:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you don't have the patch, definitely download it and install it.

Pescado also has a crowbar emergency hack that may help with this.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 26, 16:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I have just takin out all my hacks and it seems to work fine now.

I have no idea why it happened, and i havent installed any new hacks or custom content in more than a week, and I have been fine up til now.

thanks again.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 26, 16:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I have just takin out all my hacks and it seems to work fine now.

I have no idea why it happened, and i havent installed any new hacks or custom content in more than a week, and I have been fine up til now.

thanks again.

Ow...well, good luck in finding the culprit now! But Motoki's right, get the patch installed if you haven't already.

MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 26, 17:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeh I already have the patch installed.

I dont really think its a hack which was the problem,  as they are all back now and it is still fine, I think it was just a general eroor, and the removing of my hack caused it to reset.

Thanks for the help guys.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 26, 20:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cause for this is, that you SAVED the game while the owner was at the lot.

Quote from the Official Guide:

"-when an owner is saved on a community lot, no other playeble sim can travel to this lot. The lot's name appeares grayed-out in the lot selection list.

-if an owner is save on a community lot, you can't play the owner's homelot, until you reload the community lot and send him or her home.

-owned, but currently empty lots cannot be enterred in build mode from the neighbourhood view."

Better sell the business, and buy it again.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 26, 20:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just another possibility -

I have read that you really shouldn't try to sell phones and that it will cause problems if you do. Haven't tried it myself to see if it's true.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 31, 21:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh! Possible suicide mission shop - sell phones and npc remote control cars.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 31, 22:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MIne WILL not allow me to sell phones.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 01, 08:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cause for this is, that you SAVED the game while the owner was at the lot.

Quote from the Official Guide:

"-when an owner is saved on a community lot, no other playeble sim can travel to this lot. The lot's name appeares grayed-out in the lot selection list.

-if an owner is save on a community lot, you can't play the owner's homelot, until you reload the community lot and send him or her home.

-owned, but currently empty lots cannot be enterred in build mode from the neighbourhood view."

Better sell the business, and buy it again.

I've been saving and quitting while the owner is at a business without problems.  I'm not sure if I clicked on the business to go into that lot, but when I clicked on the house, I got a message saying SimA was at the business and would I like to play the business. I said yes and the business loaded normally.

so that's what the kittens thing is aboyt...

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 05, 16:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has happened to me too.  Before I d/l the patch everything seemed ok with the ep but I have had no end of probs since.  I did the same thing - went back to the house and entered the community lot from there.  My sim was still stuck but the icon of 1 of his children was on the taskbar (although she did not appear anywhere on the lot)
I tried to get him to drive home (wasn't the patch supposed to fix this glitch?) and a pop-up appeared, saying that the taxi was on its way (said child still not appearing).  When the home lot loaded he arrived (alone) in his car and all the children were at school!?!
Since then none of that family can change clothes.
Haven't played the business yet as I was scouring here and MTS2 to see if anyone else had a similar prob.

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: