More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 21:42:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Pink Servo
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pink Servo  (Read 31932 times)
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
Re: Pink Servo
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 26, 15:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here they are for Motoki and anyone else in limbo on VS Tongue

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 26, 16:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jen! I like those. I hope Morague can get everything worked out. The darned human face seems to be the biggest issue.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 26, 16:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think she's going to be away for a bit but hopefully she'll get it worked out. I like the green one a lot. Smiley

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 26, 16:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know. It sounds like her husband is really sick. I feel bad for them both.  Sad

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 26, 16:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah Sad I'm trying to be patient until she makes the package files for those hidden hair meshes, she certainly has more important thinigs to be worried about.

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 27, 16:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

erm, don't know if anyone knows this but...
Maxis changed the "become vampire" bhav so any recolors of the Servo skin (assuming the game considers them real robots) will be lost if they are bitten.

Wouldn't it make sense to clone the outfit (in the object.package) and have a custom object/action to assign a new outfit like the "become vampire" bhav does? It would make it a lot easier to assign a new color to your Servo.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 27, 20:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how to code something like that and I don't know if it's even possible to set the nullface value in the game because by default using the mirror with Squinge's hack or Pescado's clothing tool adds a human face 'mask'. I can change the face to null in SimPE but I don't know how to set that in the game.

Sorry, I'm not a coder. But if someone would like to give me instructions on how to do that I can try.

I knew about the vampire issue but forgot to mention it, so yes if she gets bitten and becomes a vampire she'll lose her pink recolored head. If you want to keep her pink, just don't make her a vampire. Tongue

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 27, 21:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew about the vampire issue but forgot to mention it, so yes if she gets bitten and becomes a vampire she'll lose her pink recolored head. If you want to keep her pink, just don't make her a vampire. Tongue

lol, not like it needs to be a vampire since, like vampires, it doesn't age either.

On the other side, the zombie robots are slightly comical since they tend to complain about doing chores all day long.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 28, 00:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, the null face is part of the outfit (that's what tells the game not to show the face in the first place). The robot skin is much like a career skin in a way, you just need to tell the game to change into that outfit's guid.

I'll see if I can get a working Servo skin done this way, maybe today, or maybe sometime this week if I don't finish.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 28, 00:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes but what I am saying is the mirror and the clothing tool will override the null face with a human face. I currently no of no way in the game to change a servo's head (which is 'hair' as far as the game is concerned) other than Squinge's hack or Pescado's Clothing tool.

You can do it in the CAS but you can't make a servo in the CAS, just a human that looks like a servo. I tried changing a sim's npc type to that of a Servo in SimPE but that alone didn't make the sim function as a servo.

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 28, 01:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This will have nothing to do with changing appearance or with CAS, it's basically copying how Maxis did it (with a bhav action).

Maxis assigned it as a whole body, and this will also assign a whole body (including hair as that is considered part of the outfit).

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 28, 03:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay fine then do it. I tried and I wasn't able to. I asked for help and didn't get much in the way of replies either except that Morague was having the same trouble that I was with the face. If you or anyone else can do it then that's great.

LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 September 02, 15:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She is so  pretty.  I downloaded and I rated it high but why do you all call them bennies?   What is a bennie?   Huh
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 September 02, 16:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She is so  pretty.  I downloaded and I rated it high but why do you all call them bennies?   What is a bennie?   Huh
Motoki was being sarcastic.  Cheesy  That is a reference to the BBS.  That's what they call beneficial ratings - benes or bennies.  They are crazy about them over there.  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 September 02, 17:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy is bad, m'kay?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rich
Blathering Buffoon

Isn't Very Personal Is It...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 July 25, 13:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for bringing up an old topic...

I have a question about this servo, first off I would like to say she is adorable, and she is very happy in my hood, major thanks Motoki Cheesy

now for my question, I read the post before I posted, but I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track, there is no vampire or werewolf skin for this servo correct?
What would happen if I made her a vampire or a werewolf?.... would she be gray again? or would she just look the same as she is, cause maxis' servos get a red eye etc...

Also, can I change her eye, by exporting the png and importing it?*or do I have to do the dds stuff*... I would like to use SaraMK's eye instead of the maxis one.  Cool

Here is a pic of what I did:

Full credit for the eye goes to SaraMK, and the skin full credit to Motoki, I just made the eye green and added it

Thanks,

Rich Smiley

EDIT:

I seem to be having a problem with her formal, it is not showing up... here is a pic:

It just shows as the maxis one with a * next to it, I hope this can be fixed Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2007 July 25, 18:05:09 by Rich » Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my content at MTS2:
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/Macey246

Rich Cheesy
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 July 26, 12:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not showing up because you're using my servo replacement; I overrides the dress mesh.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Rich
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 July 26, 21:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway I can keep your override, and just take out the part where you overwrote the dress? Or clone Motoki's dress and buy it and put it on in the wardrobe?

Rich
« Last Edit: 2007 July 26, 21:34:29 by Rich » Logged

Rich Cheesy
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 July 27, 09:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can be done if you know what you're doing, but I can't explain how in a way normal people would understand.
I might look into a different way to do the replacement, but for now they're not compatible.  The servo meshes are rather complicated.  I'm not really into making alternate versions of the same mod, but I might do it here.
Personally I'm using a white jacket recolour at the moment.  The pink was getting to me.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Rich
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 July 30, 03:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gwill, if you could go ahead and tell me how to do it, in a om or in the thread that would be great... If I know how to do it, I will do it, if I don't know I might be able to figure it out... I'm no expert, but hey.... everyone learns right  Tongue

Thanks
Rich Grin

Rich Cheesy
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 July 30, 13:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way I know of to replace the mesh of an outfit without replacing the whole mesh is by editing 3Drefrence files, but they are hell to track down and extract.  From what I see they have no names, just numbers.  I don't even know where to start.
I'm not in the mood for it these days.  I really suck at turorials, so I'm not going to try.  Writing things down takes me three times as long as just doing it.
I really wish there was a place to get advanced tutorials without people asking questions like "What's SimPE?".

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 July 31, 17:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, downloaded and looks so good in the game.

Pinky is such a slut..she fell for the first  romance Sim that crossed her path and "did it" in the car on the driveway. The outfit was such a good idea since it looks very robotesque...like from an old Jetson cartoon.

Good Simming,
Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
Rich
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 August 22, 12:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gwill, I would really like to get her dress back....Sorry to bring this back up, Pinky looks kinda dumb naked to her wedding LOL.... Tongue

How can I get the maxis dress back? Cry... I want to keep your entire override apart from the the tux for the female servos.... I want the dress back...

I can make a cute recolor of it for my other Servo Females.... Cheesy

Rich
 Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 August 22, 12:47:44 by Rich » Logged

Rich Cheesy
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 August 22, 18:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open the replacement package, delete the SHPE resource and replace afbodylobotdress-pink_txtr with a matching texture.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Rich
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2007 August 22, 19:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

where can I get the maxis dress texture back?, also will deleting the whole SHPE resource affect the male servos?

Sorry to be a bother

Rich

Rich Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: