More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 15:35:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Pink Servo
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pink Servo  (Read 31871 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Pink Servo
« on: 2006 March 22, 12:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=334614&asset_type=lot&user_id=106882

I finally got my pink servo to the point where I can share her. I ended up having to put her on an empty lot and upload her to the Exchange as a pre-created servo sim to add to your game. Not the ideal solution I wanted but this is the easiest way for me to get the pink servo to other people without them having to go through using SimPE to mess with files.

The lot is empty but I did have to have one other sim to activate her so I made a new CAS sim. The files are very clean as they've met no one but each other yet, not even the paperboy, and they have no family trees or contacts or anything like that. I tried it out in my game in another neighborhood and it works fine for me and does not add any character files to the neighborhood other than these two sims.

When you install the lot it will add two files to downloads:

PinkServoBody.package
PinkServoheadF.package

These are the only custom content files this sims2pack will add. There are no hacks hitching along for the ride. You do need those 2 files for her to show up pink, but you can move the files to subdirectories without causing any problems.

Once you have her in your neighborhood, you can use SimPE's sim surgery to clone her looks over to other servos if you want. I've done this several times successfully.

On the Exchange the lot is marked as requiring University and Nightlife as well as OFB, but there's absolutely nothing in the files from University or Nightlife so it shouldn't need them at all. If you use Sims2pack Clean Installer to install the lot it should get around the requirement Maxis put in about needing the other expansion packs. All you really need is the base game and OFB.

I'll be posting a tutorial on how to recolor servos yourself in a little bit when I get some time for those who have a little experience in SimPE and would like to do their own.

Oh and one last thing, Don't forget to rate me high and give me bennies!!! OMG11111oneoeneoneone  Grin

« Last Edit: 2006 March 22, 15:12:41 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: Pink Servo
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 15:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, is it genetic or is it some kind of clothing? How was it done?

Well done. Smiley

Instant gratification takes too long.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 15:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's clothing and hair. Technically, all servo bodies all clothing and all their heads are hair. They actually have human genetics but it's hidden. They are basically an invisible sim with a hat and clothing that make them look like a robot. Wink

If you use a cheat to age them to a different age or the outfit planner to change their appearance their human genetics will then manifest.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 22, 15:21:56 by Motoki » Logged

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 15:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I thought.

So, ideally, to change a servo's appearance we would use a dresser and select from servo colors. That's one of those "Why didn't they think of that?" situations. I'm sure someone will.

Hell, you can do a Tune Up why can't you do a paint job?  Tongue

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 15:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory yes. In practice, the head is a big problem.

You see, when you change appearance and select the recolored servo head 'hair' the game then adds their genetic face on top of it. The only way to get rid of it that I could find was to manually edit the character in SimPE to use the nullface that the servos default with. Morague looked and said she couldn't find a way outside of SimPE either.

That's why I uploaded her this way. I would have prefered to just upload the body as an outfit and the head as hair and let people use the clothing tool to change their existing servos, but because of the head issue, I wanted to share her in a way that didn't require people to have to go messing with files in SimPE.

I still plan to write a tutorial for the adventurous types who like messing with SimPE on how to do the servo recolors though as soon as I get some time to do that.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 22, 15:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds good, I await your tutorial.

My servo needs to be rusty.

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 22, 15:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! That's beautiful! Cheesy I am so getting this when I get off work, heh heh. Pretty dress, too! I guess it won't work for regular Sims, though?

OMG I didn't realize female Servos had boobs? Shocked LOL

Yes yes we need a rusty Servo! What a great idea Cheesy

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 22, 16:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the dress will work for regular sims no, but I like the pattern so much I think I may just have to make a version for humans. Smiley

If you want a really quick and dirty tutorial just from memory:

Open the skins.package that came with OFB
Select Property Set on the left hand side and sort by name on the right.
Find aubodylobotnaked and extract this property set.
create a new file in SimPE and add this property set.
Change the flag on the property set from 29 to all zeros. Commit and save.
Put your new package file with the propety set in downloads or savedsims
Open the body shop and the outfit should be there. The servo body.

Then you can just do a recolor.

The head is a little more complicated. :p I'll get into that later.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 22, 20:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice colour pink too, more purple-y Grin I like her!

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 22, 22:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, if you do make a "human" version of the dress that would be great...I love the pattern too, and it looks all shiny Cheesy

I've got Pinkie! And I rated you high, omg!11!

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 22, 22:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grats on figuring this out.

I think your robot is an improvement over the maxis one, but personally I prefer an android look.   I tried messing around with that earlier but without success.  I tried changing their appearance in the mirror (using JM's mod) and that worked fine, insofar as I had a human looking robot. Then I tried changing the genetics in SimPE so it points to a custom skin.  That only worked for the head.  The body stayed the same.  Then I had to restore from backup, so I tried again and this time it didn't work at all, not even for the head.

Do you think it would be possible to change the appearance and genetics to a custom skin?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 22, 22:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if you made a clothing outfit that was say a full nude body mesh, like the bathing suits for instance, and then copied the android texture on it you should be able to plan that outfit to make their body look like a humanoid android with the clothing tool.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 23, 00:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually with a certain hack that allows servo to change appearance (human sim one basically), servo's clothes end up in the dresser that can be worn by any sim of the same gender, which is quite funny since the head does not change. (on the 'human' sim)

There is an android texture over at mts2, I was going to use that but realized that all my servos will still look alike...but it does work rather nicely combined with the hack

*I cant wait for the tutorial though as I really want different colored servos!
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 00:57:47 by nectere » Logged
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 23, 00:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yay Motoki! *hugs* and benes for you!!!!!!!!11111

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 23, 01:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice, Motoki. She'll make a nice addition to my futuristic theme, whenever I get done with it. I'm still messing with my android (age up then down). I put her in my avatar. I'll change it back soon, but right now I'm proud of Dremma.

I got some nice skins from a friend; now I just need to figure out how to make simsurgery NOT crash when I want to apply custom skins to my simmies.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 23, 01:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just love her. She is far sexier than the other plain female servos. I bet all the robot boys will just drool over her...and short themselves out. Poor Pinky, beauty is a curse.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 23, 03:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  If I'm understanding this correctly, is there any chance one of these would help with getting rid of the human face problem?

Headless Sims:  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86687
Invisible Sims:  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=75530

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 23, 05:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Amber. Thanks for pointing those out. I had heard there was something along those lines but hadn't seen the exact files.

It would sort of help in a way, but I'd be back to to the problem again of not being able to share her without other people having to use SimPE to get her working. Because those links are skintones and you'd either have to make a sim with those invisible skintones in the CAS or edit an existing sim's skintone in SimPE. You can make servos in the CAS, so that leaves messing with SimPE and that's why I opted to package her onto a lot instead.

Actually, I have another idea how I might be able to get the recolors to work as clothing and hair without having people resort to using SimPE, but I need to test it out and I just hadn't gotten around to trying the idea yet.

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 23, 09:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, it's really good to see you back (I haven't been here myself for a bit...OFBusy-ness)! Your friend is adorable ~ 5 stars, benes, and ASCII kisses! ~ and she'll make a terrific addition to my Strange Town. Thank you!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 23, 17:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you manage it Veilchen?  I tried aging them down and then up to make them assume human form. Then I went in SimPE and changed their DNA and AGEDATE to a custom skin.  But it didn't work.  Only the face assumes the new texture, the body and head (scalp) says unchanged.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 24, 01:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[..] now I just need to figure out how to make simsurgery NOT crash when I want to apply custom skins to my simmies.
You need to add the custom skin packages to SimPE's FileTable.

In SimPE, select Extra > Preferences, and in the "FileTable" section, click the "add" link button. Don't use the "add Downloads folder", as this will cause a considerable slowdown.

In the next dialog, you have the choice of either adding a package file, or an entire folder. Select a skintone package (in my case, I added a subfolder containing all the custom skintones).

If you can't have a subfolder for skins, you'll have to add each skintone file individually. Tongue

Check the newly created entry(ies), then press the "Reload" button in the upper-left corner.

Next time you try to change a sim's skintone, you should see the thumbnails of the custom skins you selected before, and it won't throw an exception when you do the skintone surgery  Smiley
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 25, 06:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes! Pink is my favorite color...Any chance of anyone or you doing a blue servo, Motoki?

ISFJ
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 25, 18:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was planning on it at some point, but I haven't been feeling too well lately, and then there's the Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and hair to bin etc etc. Not enough time in the day lol.

I'll try to get to it though, I do want one as well.

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 25, 19:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool! Im patient...Hairbinning is more important...I hope you feel better

ISFJ
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 26, 05:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morague is working on a different approach to recoloring servos creating them in the CAS:

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=4053

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to look at the pictures because I seemed to have joined the ranks of Pescado and Inge in that it looks like Rennie put me in a state of unbanning where I can log in but not post or view any pictures.  Roll Eyes I'm sure her recolors are very nice though.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: