More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:30:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  stupid managers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: stupid managers  (Read 15394 times)
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: stupid managers
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 25, 11:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem in that furniture store, the manager kept reassigning the cashier to tidy up. So, I hired some n00b to do the tidy up job and put her back on the register and the manager seemed to stop reassigning her.  Haven't tested this theory fully yet though, maybe it means all positions have to be filled?  Anyway, I'll try this out and see how it goes, thanks for uploading. Smiley
I had all positions filled in that business, and the manager kept reassigning them so there were two to tidy up and no one to restock (although it was not particularly messy) or two restockers and no one in sales or something else just as stupid.

But the fix seems to work well so far, thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 25, 11:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do find that broke sims hang around my businesses too much - they're actually a bloody nuisance.  You have to remember who was broke and not try to sell them anything cos you get the no-money sign.  Also when they are not shopping, they are doing social interactions or complaining about the shop.  That's a problem if you don't like what's going on!  I've seen one romance blossom and die in the furniture shop and several fights.  When I go play these sims I'll have to deal with the fallout!   I guess I could get hacks for no playable shoppers and no fighting, but what I'd really like is   "Broke sims go home"! Smiley
Heh. Well, there's an idea, I suppose I could add a "no broke shoppers" to No Playable Shoppers, which now contains a mode in which you can enable playable visitation simply by hiding the FFS Money Order somewhere on your lot like in the days of old, which would then override all the settings so that NOBODY BROKE WOULD SHOW UP.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 25, 14:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would get rid of the really useless ones.  Of course some of them weren't broke before I sold them that 5,000$ statue, the wallscreen TV or the Servo. Grin  When they've done shopping, they need to go home not hang around until they are ready to collapse. 

If you're looking at Shoplifting, maybe it could connect with that?  Just ignore if that's idiotic.  I read that passers by were shoplifting because they didn't feel properly greeted and that portal was calling them too strongly for them to stop and pay - broke sims need to hear that portal calling them!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 27, 23:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. Well, there's an idea, I suppose I could add a "no broke shoppers" to No Playable Shoppers, which now contains a mode in which you can enable playable visitation simply by hiding the FFS Money Order somewhere on your lot like in the days of old, which would then override all the settings so that NOBODY BROKE WOULD SHOW UP.

I know that a lot of my playable sims show up claiming to be broke, but they are definitely not broke. They pull the "just browsing" thing and the $ with the X through it shows up, and they pat their pockets. This means that they are lying out their ass, basically. I have had a large increase in loiterers lately, as well. This I can't figure out, so I just ban all those who consistently loiter.

by the way: Noreaasign works brilliantly. The only thing I have found is that if you have a manager, they will walk all the way across the lot to reassign and then when they get to the sim (who is typically the owner), that is when it drops out of their queue. This has resulted in many customers getting pissed off and throwing their bags down or getting otherwise annoyed because the manager is not doing their job. They are running around trying to reassign unsuccessfully the whole time. No manager - no problem. When visiting an owned lot without a manager, the employees do their assigned task (this includes employees working as DJs and bartenders), and the owner will tidy. If there is an open register, the owner will run the register. The owner never seems to make a move to reassign.

A couple of annoyances (not related, but I found faster as a result of testing this - so, thanks): An owned business that has a bar...the $16/every 30 min. that one would get paid to "be the bartender" at a community lot applies at owned businesses. The money goes into the owner's pocket as free money, even if they have an employee assigned as bartender. Also, any sims visiting an owned bar will get paid the $16/30 min. - even if they are not bartending. This is not the case with the DJ booths, fortunately.
Managers who have the "want a customer to get a star" want, do not get it fulfilled, even if a customer gets a star. Owners do not get the "want to give so-and-so a promotion" want filled, even if they promote that person.

Have you (or anyone else) experienced these things as well? I have no hacks that are bar/bartender/barrista related, espresso or juice.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 28, 04:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed yesterday that a "just browsing" response doesn't necessarily meant they won't buy anything. If you leave them alone and they're happy enough, they'll buy something anyways. So I guess they might not always mean they're really broke, just that they want you to go away and leave them alone.

Unsouper
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 28, 04:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed yesterday that a "just browsing" response doesn't necessarily meant they won't buy anything. If you leave them alone and they're happy enough, they'll buy something anyways. So I guess they might not always mean they're really broke, just that they want you to go away and leave them alone.

I tried that, and all they do is chat, tell jokes, play, or sit...or complain about something.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 28, 11:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nec, I too noticed that an owner sim is never getting his 'promote so-and-so' wants filled either, and is rolling them up for sims he's already promoted as well.

Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 28, 11:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nec, I too noticed that an owner sim is never getting his 'promote so-and-so' wants filled either, and is rolling them up for sims he's already promoted as well.
and they get wants to promote home business employees :/
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 28, 13:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they get wants to promote their friends with no skills instead of competent people too!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 28, 19:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed people visiting owned businesses will get wants to promote employees even when they themselves are not the owners of the store, and thus do not actually employee those people, and can't obviously promote anyone.

Incidentally, the salary demands of managers/nonmanagers is, in fact, bugged, which results in the occasional random employee with a fluctuatingly high wage demand and no corresponding reliable increase for managers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 30, 12:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do these salary amounts bear any relation to what the employed sims get paid?  I'm wondering if an elder might earn a reasonable amount of money in one of these jobs if you let them keep it.  Do they get the raises?  Do they have a career track? I bet they don't get overtime!  I haven't thought to check whether an employed Sim actually got the money he earned while I wasn't playing him.  I bet not.

VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 April 01, 17:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do get the money, as to the accuracy of the amounts that I'm not sure of.  But, I've had a really poor trailer dweller who worked at a store suddenly show a substantial increase in funds from the store being open for a while.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 April 01, 18:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do these salary amounts bear any relation to what the employed sims get paid?
Yes, a sim's daily listed wage when you play him is equal to his hourly wage multipled by the 8 hours the "Employee" job has him working.

Sadly, there is no apparent way to affect his shift times, so you're stuck with 0900-1700, regardless of whether that has any truth to it at all.

Money paid to employees while working at the business itself appears to actually go to your employees home lots.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 April 02, 21:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's still a vast improvement for an elder over many elder jobs!  The best paid elder job is 125$ per day for 3 hours.  If your elder is really broke, 8 hours at anything over 15$ an hour is an improvement.  If they start at say 34$, they are much better off and as they get some skills the hourly rate will get better too.

Of course, I bet they only get paid when you are playing them.  If you play their employer and his shop for a week and then go play your elder for one day, theyll get 1 days pay not 9.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 02, 22:33:24 by cwykes » Logged

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 April 02, 22:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game my playable employees are paid when I play the boss (I mean if I play the shop the money really goes into the employees pocket : when I go back to their lot they have more cash)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2006 April 02, 22:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow, thats' interesting - wrong again!

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: