More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:33:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  stupid managers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: stupid managers  (Read 15216 times)
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
stupid managers
« on: 2006 March 17, 14:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my business manager keeps assigning tasks to the employees, although they all have tasks according to their talents. the stupid manager assigns them some other tasks that they even can't do and my business owner sim always has to go after her and reassign the original tasks. aaargh.  Angry
Ashman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: stupid managers
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 17, 14:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just have the owner or a family member tell them to "Stop Minding the Store". Then they'll just be another controllable employee without all of the assignments queueing up.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 17, 14:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh ok, but will they still manage it when my sim is not there?
jaslaughter
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 17, 14:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  I ran into this too and now I never have any managers minding.  If you go to the business with another sim (a non-owner) it looks like they go back to minding, but never when you're actually running the lot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 17, 14:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have an anti-reassign prototype, which causes the reassignment orders issued by any non-controllable sims to be ignored. However, it has not been tested. If you would like to volunteer for this, I can place it in public test.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 18, 03:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to test this, Pescado. It drives me mad when playing other sims, seeing employees being reassigned not only by the manager, but also by the not-controllable owner. They're very busy doing this all the time so noone can finish any task.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 18, 08:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could test it, but since the "mind the store" task doesn't seem to have any use I can solve it by just not assigning that task. Wink
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 18, 16:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could test it, but since the "mind the store" task doesn't seem to have any use I can solve it by just not assigning that task. Wink

This only works when playing the owner.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 18, 16:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can try the "noreassign" in the ofb test, see if that helps.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 18, 16:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have an anti-reassign prototype, which causes the reassignment orders issued by any non-controllable sims to be ignored. However, it has not been tested. If you would like to volunteer for this, I can place it in public test.

I would also like to test this, that would be great!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 19, 23:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I promoted my first manager yesterday and I noticed that she was constantly re-assigning tasks.  She'd take someone off something to operate the till when customers were waiting but not quickly enough so I had to send the owner to do it.  She also kept getting one employee to constantly make Sir-Bricks-A-Lots when there were already plenty in the owner's inventory.  Whenever I sent her to the till, the manager sent her back to the toy-crafting station.

What I find most irritating is that the managers no longer work, even though they have better badges than the rest of the staff by virtue of the fact that they were eligible to be promoted to manager in the first place!  You would think that if one staff member was selling and the other was restocking and there were customers waiting to pay, the Manager would hop on the till, not mess about taking one of the other Sims away from their duties to go operate it, thereby causing the customers to get fed-up of waiting to be cashed-up (which is why I sent the owner to do it).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 20, 02:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That really irritates me too. I actually demoted one of my manager and replaced her with someone slightly more useless, because I did not want her badges going to waste.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 20, 09:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't managers controllable, and therefore you can tell them to do anything you want?

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 20, 09:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes.

but it doesn't stop them deciding to do pointless tasks on their own!

The best solution I've found is to set the owner to restock - and ride the manager hard!  Even turning free will off doesn't seem to fix the managers.

Ness
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 20, 09:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does slapping them on something like Macroprocrastinate or Power idle stop the behavior, or do they still queue garbage on their own?

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 20, 09:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm...  that's one thing I haven't tried - or at least I don't recall doing so!  I gave up on the businesses for a bit and have concentrated on getting a few teens aged up and in to uni - I'll give that a go next time I have the game open.

Ness
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 22, 16:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a little late with my test report, but my Windows crashed (was it the fault of your hack?-No, just joking). The "noreassign" works as it should, no reassigning anymore. Instead, the owner just walks around in his store, doing nothing useful (and even nothing for pleasure) except when there's something to restock. Now that would be the next level - making him do something useful. Another thing I watched: When the manager normally would reassign someone, he walks over to that sim, then reassigning is suppressed, and he walks back to his place.
But the main effect of this hack is highly appreciated by me and I'll leave it in my downloads. Thank you!

BTW, why did you take it out of the test section?
« Last Edit: 2006 March 22, 16:13:11 by Entgleichen » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 22, 16:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's no longer in the test section because everything exploded in a big fiery ball visible from space because a certain sysadmin hamheadedly deleted everything for no apparently sane reason. It hasn't entirely been fixed yet.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 22, 17:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little something funny I noticed: If you have a two garbage cans on the lot and the manager decides to "tidy up" he/she will walk back and forth to the cans in an endless loop of transporting garbage back and forth. Weird.

I don't see the problem with allowing them to re-assign tasks. After all, your employees and your business need the benefits of whatever badges they earn while doing the new task. Customer loyalty is very easy to regain.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 22, 18:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's no longer in the test section because everything exploded in a big fiery ball visible from space because a certain sysadmin hamheadedly deleted everything for no apparently sane reason. It hasn't entirely been fixed yet.

Do you just no longer have the file or is something wrong with it? Because I have the file and can send it to you or upload it if you want.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 22, 21:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see the problem with allowing them to re-assign tasks. After all, your employees and your business need the benefits of whatever badges they earn while doing the new task. Customer loyalty is very easy to regain.

What I don't like the most is the manager telling the boss what to do. I noticed this when I had one of my sims visit another sim's business. She was assigning the bossman to do all kinds of nonsense. This is the main reason I would really like to try out "noreassign." The boss is the boss, not the manager.

Also, no one ever assigns a bartender. That kind of poses a problem for visiting owned clubs or bars, which I have quite a few of. I am hoping that this hack will fix that.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 23, 05:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J.M.: You didn't answer about noreassign, but I'll attach it here anyway in case anyone wants to use it, unless there's some reason we shouldn't be using it. But I have been since it was posted and seems to work fine as advertised for me.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 25, 16:00:10 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 24, 23:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem in that furniture store, the manager kept reassigning the cashier to tidy up. So, I hired some n00b to do the tidy up job and put her back on the register and the manager seemed to stop reassigning her.  Haven't tested this theory fully yet though, maybe it means all positions have to be filled?  Anyway, I'll try this out and see how it goes, thanks for uploading. Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 24, 23:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but why would you WANT someone to "tidy up"? As far as I can tell, the managers just reassign people at random with no apparently rational logic. And noreassign causes these attempts to be ignored, and the employee will remain at their posts, if the person issuing the reassign order is not selectable, and therefore, ordered by you.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 25, 11:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tidying up seems to be quite important to customer happiness.  I was playing a farmers' market lot yesterday and when the lot got really messy, the customers were all complaining to my owner.  The loo had clogged and a large puddle of water had spread out and helped several patches of weeds grow.  Two lots of dead BBQ plates were also strewn around.  My sim was selling her way to rank 8 and the customers were really giving her a hard time.  Co-incidence?

I do find that broke sims hang around my businesses too much - they're actually a bloody nuisance.  You have to remember who was broke and not try to sell them anything cos you get the no-money sign.  Also when they are not shopping, they are doing social interactions or complaining about the shop.  That's a problem if you don't like what's going on!  I've seen one romance blossom and die in the furniture shop and several fights.  When I go play these sims I'll have to deal with the fallout!   I guess I could get hacks for no playable shoppers and no fighting, but what I'd really like is   "Broke sims go home"! Smiley 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: