More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:50:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Broken things in employee management
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Broken things in employee management  (Read 6478 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Broken things in employee management
« on: 2006 March 11, 19:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other than the ineffective break, which JM is working on a control,  *Dancing wildly*, and the supposed unbreakable "employees making many", there are other things that seem to be broken in the employee management department.

I found that if you assign a server at a restaurant business, you (the owner) lose all the interation options other than two, one is "be seated" and I forget the other one but it has something to do with being served. You can't change wages, tell to take a break, assign to another job, etc... So I have to assign them to a register through the register, to "break" it.

Another issue is that the employee that you assign to restock seem to have problem to restock crafted items. So far I only played bakery where the owners made many cakes in her inventory, but the restocker employee wouldn't be able to restock those, a message pops up saying that there is no more in the owner' inventory, but the owner has them. I have to get the owners to restock those items.

Anyone else is having the same problems?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Broken things in employee management
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 11, 20:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several other things come to my mind too, together with a hack request. Are you tired of dancing around with your sim employees just to give them a raise or simply give them a different assignment? Well, I'm. If they are doing things, like selling items, your management actions will have to wait until they drop out of the queue, it happens to me 90% of the time. A few employees quit on me because they are underpaid, and I (the owner) has been waiting to give raises all these time! Especially when you played other sims and visited that community lot, and those employees gained badges during those time. And when you go back to their store with the owner, they are severely underpaid. They quit before my owner could get around to give them raises.

So is it possible to make the changes without the interaction, like how you can assign an employee only through the register? It is also a problem when I have an underpaid employee who doesn't want to come to work because of the low pay. If she doesn't come, how can I give her raise, or simply fire her? You also need to fire in person.

I also ask if it is possible to change all the assignment without interpersonal interation. That will eliminate a lot of dancing around.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 11, 21:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My management issue right now is related to passing on perks, it seems you can only pass on one perk and it takes forever to do so. And that manipulate perk is evil, sure they buy but at a hit to loyalty which tanks all my fortune sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 11, 21:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perk-passing seems to be bugged. Either it's SUPPOSED to take forever, or it's not, because if you stop and start it over and over, you will pass it on MUCH faster, since everytime you restart it, it gains a few progress bar points (make sure it says "continue"  the second and not "pass on X", or something is wrong).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 11, 22:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that if you assign a server at a restaurant business, you (the owner) lose all the interation options other than two, one is "be seated" and I forget the other one but it has something to do with being served. You can't change wages, tell to take a break, assign to another job, etc... So I have to assign them to a register through the register, to "break" it.

Yes, that's kind of annoying for sure. I'm having the same problem (don't they play their own games?). I found that you have to wait until they're cleaning a cup or washing a dish and hope that your action doesn't drop out of the que.

Another (minor) issue is that you're able to assign more than one person to the podium and cash register. While it's your own fault you did it, that doesn't stop them from standing there and pushing each-other to get at the device.  Cheesy

Instant gratification takes too long.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 11, 22:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can only choose continue, I cant pass on another perk when in the middle of passing on a perk (even if I quit). I also cnat seem to pass on more than one perk per employee, each employee only gets the one perk and that is it. So cross training with the various perks is out. I do have all my bots cross trained in badges, but not perks - if that makes sense.

And to be honest I really dont understand the perks at all. This is the one time I wish I had a guide to explain what they mean. If only my owner has all the wholesale perks, does that mean only she can restock at the special prices?
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 11, 22:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And to be honest I really dont understand the perks at all. This is the one time I wish I had a guide to explain what they mean. If only my owner has all the wholesale perks, does that mean only she can restock at the special prices?

That's right. She get the deepest discounts and you make a nice, tidy profit.

Hovering over the slots will tell you what each perk does, of course.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 11, 22:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's perk-passing and cross-training?

dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 11, 22:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's perk-passing and cross-training?

When your sim gets a perk because the business they own has increased in rank, you have the option for them to "Pass on" that perk to other sims. They just talk about it and a learning bar fills. But it's a bit broken as JM explained - if you just leave them talking it takes forever, but if you cancel and then immediately "continue" it happens quite fast.

Cross-trained in the post above, I think nectere means (s)he? makes sure all the bots have all the badges, so it doesn't matter what they're assigned to do, they're good at it.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 11, 23:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I make sure everyone has gold in all badges by assigning them the tasks until they are good at it. It takes a while, but in this way I can make sure that they rock at everything, since I cant tell the bots apart on the fly it wont matter what I tell them to do as they will all be able to do everything effectively. Also when I get enough cash I will be able to buy a business and hire one of them and wont have to worry about them failing repeatedly in the new business.

I have my own little system set up. I get a sim, skill her up in a career and all other skills, make her go perma plat, then have her make bots toys and flowers (flowers first for that snapdragon), then I have her make servos, the servos inherit skills from their maker. The servos then get a career and sore to the top so that they are now plat, once I have all my servos plat I have them all quit their careers and I open a business and have them start working on their various badges with judicious use of snapdragons (hence cross training). The business ranks up pretty quickly and then, which is where I am at now, I can consider buying a business...etc. It helps if the starting sim is a fortune sim, they seem well suited for OFB and are easy to keep happy. I dont have to worry about the bots going crazy because they are all perma plat, I work them like crazy and send them to sleep as needed since it seems to charge way faster then recharging. I keep snadragons in their room so they dont loose any other needs while sleeping.

The only real task then is keeping many contacts so that they will come in and buy like crazy. The "Ikea" home business I have running right now makes about 20k a day when open.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 12, 02:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The guide claims that perk-passing works like skilling or earning badges -- the lower level ones take less time than the higher-level ones in each track. I'm well aware of the issues with the guide, but I think we can take it as a reasonable statement of INTENT (as the issues with cheesecake bear out), and thus it seems that passing on perks is broken.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 12, 03:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perk-passing seems to be bugged. Either it's SUPPOSED to take forever, or it's not, because if you stop and start it over and over, you will pass it on MUCH faster, since everytime you restart it, it gains a few progress bar points (make sure it says "continue"  the second and not "pass on X", or something is wrong).

THey probably did it stupidly so that it is tick based. Every x ticks you get a bit of progress. Then left the tick time very long, but made it so you get a tick the instant you start rather than x minutes after you start for the first one.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 01, 19:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other than the ineffective break, which JM is working on a control,  *Dancing wildly*, and the supposed unbreakable "employees making many", there are other things that seem to be broken in the employee management department.

Another issue is that the employee that you assign to restock seem to have problem to restock crafted items. So far I only played bakery where the owners made many cakes in her inventory, but the restocker employee wouldn't be able to restock those, a message pops up saying that there is no more in the owner' inventory, but the owner has them. I have to get the owners to restock those items.

Anyone else is having the same problems?
I'm really getting annoyed with the server problem.  My server has actually not been taking care of the customers.  So I try to assign her another job but of course, there are no options on her.
Does JM's lot debugger with its all new awesomeness fix this, you think?

Mooooo
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 02, 10:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The option to unassign a worker will be included in Business Runs You!, so you can deassign a server to give orders.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 02, 15:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, I can't wait to see Business Runs You.  I'll definitely be running for it when it comes out.

Mooooo
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 02, 21:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is a problem with bakery restocking of crafted items.  It's not the same as yours by the sound of it, but it's here if you haven't seen it
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3684.0

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: