More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 01, 16:11:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to Accidentally-on-Purpose Make Extra Sales
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to Accidentally-on-Purpose Make Extra Sales  (Read 2454 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
How to Accidentally-on-Purpose Make Extra Sales
« on: 2006 March 17, 04:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite by accident I discovered an easy way of making extra sales.  I was playing the Tinker lot, which needed a cash register.  As you'll no doubt know, the little outbuilding where they make the toys is very small, but I thought I'd found a suitable place for the till.  For some reason, everytime a customer appeared to be about to purchase, their bag disappeared and they went to look at another item.  Eventually I realised that it was because they weren't happy with the position of the till; once I found a more suitable place, they completed their purchases.

Three customers - 11 items sold!  They just kept going back for more.  I know it would be cheating (sort of) to repeat the procedure, but it's something that would come in handy at the very start.  Don't let it go on too long, though.  Darren Dreamer bought two or three items of furniture on the Ramirez's lot (without moving the till, he's a compulsive shopper and often brings the entire family with him) and when he left (because he'd wet himself) he didn't purchase anything - when I made him selectable to check, he had nothing in his shopping bag, so it all seems to have totally vanished.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marvelleaux
Puppy Fucker
Blathering Buffoon

"free-thinking cat shits outside the box"

View Profile
Re: How to Accidentally-on-Purpose Make Extra Sales
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 17, 16:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, you can also just inturrupt them with a nice chat while they wait for the cash register--sometimes that sends them back to shopping too.  I only do this when where are a few, um, nice snapdragons strategically placed on the lot.

Odi profanum vulgaris
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 17, 17:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I discovered another cheat/bug.  I created stock of robots, put them up for sale and sold them.  Since my inventory was under severe constraints, due to demand outstripping my capacity for production, I didn't want the out of stock signs to loose me customer loyalty.  So I started deleting the Out of Stock signs.  I discovered that you actually got money for deleting the signs, even though the robot has already been sold.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 17, 17:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I discovered another cheat/bug.  I created stock of robots, put them up for sale and sold them.  Since my inventory was under severe constraints, due to demand outstripping my capacity for production, I didn't want the out of stock signs to loose me customer loyalty.  So I started deleting the Out of Stock signs.  I discovered that you actually got money for deleting the signs, even though the robot has already been sold.

HA! That's too rich!

Instant gratification takes too long.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: