More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 21:50:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The cheesecake thing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The cheesecake thing  (Read 30436 times)
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: The cheesecake thing
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 14, 02:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm maybe maxis is trickier than we thought.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 14, 03:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for sharing that FC. Certainly looks interesting. I wonder what more testing would show. I know absolutely nothing about code but it's beginning to look as though there's more to this than meets the eye. Really odd.

I swear to Christ I could STRANGLE Maxis for putting this 'feature' in! It took MONTHS for all the twins rumors and inane gibber jabber about it all over every god damned sims board to die down and they just went and stirred the shit up all over again.  Angry

You and me both Motoki. I'm beginning to think this is Maxis' sick idea of a joke or revenge and they're having a major laugh at our expense. Perhaps the "forcetwins" cheat was a good idea to shut down all the stupid fake twin cheat threads but the food thing is a major train wreck.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 14, 03:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I FUCKING HATE PICKLES.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 March 14, 03:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm saying is that the cheesecake thing can only be proved in one way...

if you take a pregnancy that is KNOWN to be single (ie, get a sim pregnant, and play til birth), restore back to a point in the same pregnancy, pre-birth, eat cheesecake and then see if the result of the pregnancy differs...

it's not that difficult!  Use the tombstone of L&D to speed the pregnancy, and just save when the sim is pregnant and quit without saving to return to the same point.

Am I the only person who understands scientific method?  You can't prove it by any number of pregnancies that may be twins after the cheesecake without first determining if that would have been a single birth without cheesecake.

Has anybody done this?  If not I'm going to do it and at least I'll know in my game.

I don't have the fix for the code and don't want it as I'm really trying not to have twins on purpose in any way, shape, or form.
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 March 14, 03:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um...I think that's what I did.  Correct me, please, if I'm wrong.  Huh

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 March 14, 05:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

according to Prima (which of course, we all know is crap) cheesecake is PRIOR to conception, "forcetwins" is anytime AFTER conception.

I have also read that woohoo has to take place when the sim is still full from cheesecake, or within 3 simhours of eating cheesecake...etc.

So really, if you want cheesecake to cause twins, download TwoJeffs hack.
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 March 14, 05:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim who had 3 hrs of pregnancy left with a single baby (this was according to InSim which has a "pregnancy stats" option). I do not have twojeffs hack. I had her make and eat cheesecake. She had about 1-2 hrs left of pregnancy and I did not check InSim again. She gave birth to twins. I did nothing else to try for twins.

I have another prego sim so I will check this again as ness suggested.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 March 14, 06:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um...I think that's what I did.  Correct me, please, if I'm wrong.  Huh

Opps I was only skimming the thread half assed.

I still have to test it in my game anyways since there's a disagreement about it and all lol
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 March 14, 07:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tried this with another sim that was pregnant before I installed OFB. I did not have her eat cheesecake or force anything and she had a single birth (a boy). I quit without saving. Then went back to her -she was about 45 hrs pregnant and I had her eat cheesecake. She gave birth to twins (a girl and a boy). I do not have twojeffs fix -yet.

I posted before about checking the pregnancy with InSim, but didn't think about the fact that it's not updated for OFB so it doesn't recognize the change from a single birth to twins.    Embarrassed

So with FatedCircle's tests and my own -I'm convinced.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 March 14, 07:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my test came up with this (and it is also posted in TJ's post).  I must say I don't have TJ's hack in my game or any hacks that would increase the chance of twins since I don't like having twins in my game.

Since I have a fresh game install I thought that Brandi Broke house would be the best to test this since everybody knows she will always have a single baby when we start to play her unless we added an hack to change this.

I made Brandi ate cheesecake and she gave birth to twins.  I went back to neighborhood without saving.

Now just to make sure, I reloaded the lot, did not made her ate cheesecake and she gave birth to a single baby like usual.

So for me, that code is not broken and it is definitely working as Maxis said.

I guess even the best can sometimes make mistakes.

Feel free to test it to if you wish if you have a virgin version of Pleasantview in your game.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 14, 07:50:01 by MissDoh » Logged
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 March 14, 07:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my test came up with this (and it is also posted in TJ's post).  I must say I don't have TJ's hack in my game or any hacks that would increase the chance of twins since I don't like having twins in my game.

Since I have a fresh game install I thought that Brandi Broke house would be the best to test this since everybody knows she will always have a single baby when we start to play her unless we added an hack to change this.

I made Brandi ate cheesecake and she gave birth to twins.  I went back to neighborhood without saving.

Now just to make sure, I reloaded the lot, did not made her ate cheesecake and she gave birth to a single baby like usual.

So for me, that code is not broken and it is definitely works as Maxis said.

Feel free to test it to if you wish if you have a virgin version of Pleasantview in your game.
You beat me. I just did the exact same thing. Same result.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 March 14, 07:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is always good to know somebody else tested this and came up with the same result as me.  Wink

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 March 14, 08:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back from my testing

Cheesecake works 100% of the time w/o any fix for the code in. 

Both when I fed it to my sims prior to conception and after.

Prior to conception I used Insim's reproductive adjustor for pregnancy stats... 2 babies each time.
After conception checked the pregnancy stats  before having the sim eat the cheesecake.  1 baby reported.
Had sim eat cheesecake, still 1 baby detected as it should be since it has been noted that the adjustor will not pick up these "cheats"
Sim ended up  giving birth to twins anyways.
So on and so forth...
Code doesn't seem to  be broken in my game.  Cheesecake was always eaten one hour prior to or after conception.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 March 14, 09:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the BBS - they are now talking about whether eating cheesecake will produce quads! Roll Eyes
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 March 14, 10:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis is really sick. I totally agree with you Motoki! After months & months of spaghetti & cookies rumors & that finally dies down, now we have cheesecake. And to think I used to love cheesecake.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 March 14, 12:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try it with another family (see my post in the cheesecake fix for the first one) : got my sim pregnant (one baby according to insim) : played her without eating cheesecake, saved at 70 hours of pregnancy.
Then I have her eat anything but cheese cake : single baby
Exit without saving, have her eat cheese cake (at 70 hours of pregnancy) : twins
Repeat : twins with cheese cake, single baby without... Each time. And I don't have TJ's fix for it in my game !
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 March 14, 13:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am still getting twins with each session of cheesecake eating. No cheesecake, no twins, cheesecake - twins.

I wonder if Maxis is playing a joke on us all and somehow set up the code to be random on machines...thus keeping rumours alive and this time more vehement since clearly people are getting twins with cheesecake.

Brandi and Skip are now proud parents of twin girls by the way. (as are 16 other families in various hoods)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 March 14, 13:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OKAY OKAY THE GOD DAMNED CODE IS NOT BROKEN AND YOU DON'T NEED TJ'S FIX.

SO CAN WE PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT NOW??

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 March 14, 14:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell us how you really feel.

sheesh. some of us just think its odd that its broken in some games and not others, just comparing notes - sorry you dont approve.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 March 14, 14:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we need 10 threads speculating about Bella now.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 March 14, 14:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sheesh. some of us just think its odd that its broken in some games and not others, just comparing notes - sorry you dont approve.

Well you want to 'compare notes' I suggest the BBS. There's already ten billion threads about it there.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 March 14, 14:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES SIR!

I guess we should also make sure all topics are personally approved by you from now on too, o lord Motoki!  Roll Eyes

whatever.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 March 14, 14:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I think that I will really want the fix now! the 50% version that is!

hehe, people are so different, I've actually been enjoying reading about peoples twin/cheesecake testing  Roll Eyes

I was going to test it myself after reading at other forums that it worked without the fix, now I don't have too  Wink
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 March 14, 15:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was a post dedicated to the cheesecake thing... I guess I was wrong...  Roll Eyes

Sleepycat I also enjoyed reading others result.  Now I know I need the trip & quads hack more than ever!  Cheesy
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 March 14, 15:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is only ONE cheesecake thread here, and it is rational. There is a big difference. Chill out, everyone. I like that people are testing this. With enough tests, we can determine if the differences are significant, or no different from what would have happened anyway. We can even do it statistically /puke.

Is there something odd about the code, so that the time when you were supposed to eat the cheesecake was changed from before the pregnancy, to after? I thought it was only supposed to work if you did it beforehand, but people seem to be getting twins this way.

And another thing- through cheesecake or force twins after conception, does this result in identical twins? I would think that instead of rerolling genetics, it would just clone the original conception. Has anyone looked at this?
« Last Edit: 2006 March 14, 15:36:43 by Ellatrue » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: