More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 08:33:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  More dumbasss weird stuff
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More dumbasss weird stuff  (Read 7254 times)
waltraute
Asinine Airhead

I only look mean

View Profile
More dumbasss weird stuff
« on: 2006 March 10, 01:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

David Gibson, Strangetown's townie teen all grown up and at Uni, now makes water spew when he uses certain objects like beds, toilet stalls, pinball machines and hand held gaming devices.

I imagine I am not the first one this has happened to. Has anyone else seen this?

I am not looking forward to upgrading to OFB. I went through all my backups and it seems pretty clear that I lost most of Olive's Specter's tombstones during the upgrade to NL. I wonder what OFB is going to do?
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: More dumbasss weird stuff
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 10, 01:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!  Did you try resetting him with boolProp?  The only other thing I can think of is try to see if any plumbing is broken and fix or replace it because it looks like the ani for the broken shower.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 10, 01:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen other shots of the 'neat Sim' bubbles stuck to Sims before, so it seems like it's something of that nature, to me... wish I knew more, but frankly I'm just laughing and trying not to Tell a Dirty Joke...  Grin
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 10, 01:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone who reported a similar problem elsewhere said that it went away after her Sim indulged in some Woohoo. Wink

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
waltraute
Asinine Airhead

I only look mean

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 10, 01:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone who reported a similar problem elsewhere said that it went away after her Sim indulged in some Woohoo.

That is too good to be true. David says lets go for it!
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 10, 02:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen too.  Stuck graphic or whatever.  It will sometimes go away on it's own.  In my case I had a sim that somehow managed to carry the hot tub water effects around with her. 
Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 10, 03:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*mutters something about a wet dream and wanders off*
Moonshires
Blathering Buffoon

ESTJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 10, 03:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims, after drinking the Elixir of Life, walked around for the next sim week with the blue glow and sparklies floating off him.  Not sure if he'll have it still when I go back to play, but it was actually kind of neat.
waltraute
Asinine Airhead

I only look mean

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 10, 03:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone who reported a similar problem elsewhere said that it went away after her Sim indulged in some Woohoo.

Sorry to report that the woo-hoo didn't clear it up. This is what happened after the postcoital shower. I suppose David would want me to give this possible cure several chances before we give up. Grin

I have seen the cleaning bubbles sticking to Sim's heads before and also the hot tub effect but they did go away fairly quickly. David has been like this for a whole semester.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 10, 03:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you tried deleting him yet?
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 10, 04:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one with water shooting out from under the covers is tempting me to make a joke about masterbat.......nevermind, I'll leave this one alone.  Tongue
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 10, 04:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah and the look on his face tells a story too!  Shocked

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
waltraute
Asinine Airhead

I only look mean

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 13, 00:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I cleared up the gushing, I hope. I moved him out of the dorm and then moved him back in. That seems to have taken care of the problem. He was gushing when ever he changed his clothing or got undressed to shower/bath or go to bed and that has stopped.

One last gratuitous gush shot:

Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 13, 00:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL. Deleting the sim like nectere said normally gives you a normal sim back.

Axe murdered since 2006
waltraute
Asinine Airhead

I only look mean

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 13, 01:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give deleteing a try. I have a backup of the neighborhood with the problem.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 13, 01:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just delete the sim using moveobjects on, not the whole neighbourhood.

Axe murdered since 2006
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 13, 01:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Things like this happen when you use the fast speed, this one was probably caused by the shower, or even the hot tub.  You can clear it up by using speed3 while repeating the actions that caused it in the first place and then slowing down again.  It's like the cleaning bubbles with a high neatness sim, you soon get the hang of slowing down at the right moment to prevent that too.
waltraute
Asinine Airhead

I only look mean

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 13, 01:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I just deleted the sim using moveobjects and that also worked. I had fixed the problem by moving the Sim out of the dorm and back and then saved the lot.  I needed to reload the neighborhood just to get the problem back again. Thank you for reminding me to try the delete.

The idea of this happening from the 3 speed makes sense. I did use the 3 speed alot in that dorm. I don't recall that sim going near the sprinklers so I don't think that was the cause. I didn't see what the sim was using when this started since I have 8 playable sims in the dorm; I would guess the shower.

Basically, the gushing would start when the sim changed his clothing for any reason including woohoo. The gush would just hang there after the sim left the tile though the sim was long gone. What was truly funny was when you saved the lot and reentered it, the gush would relocate and appear to be coming from the sim's chest. That also happened when the sim left the lot to go to class. When he returned the gush would relocate to the sim standing near the portal.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 13, 02:03:49 by waltraute » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 13, 21:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had this happen when I have told my sim to fix the shower and it sort of sprays out cos they don't have enough mechanical skill to fix it. I have usually been playing on the fastest speed when this has happened. I have fixed it by deleting them.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 13, 21:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually only get the always stinky sim from fast speed. Most of the time they will reset with another shower or sleeping, but several times I have had to simply delete sims that get stuck in a state, whether its motive based or needs based.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: