More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:48:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Lame Hires
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Lame Hires  (Read 85474 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
No Lame Hires
« on: 2006 March 09, 20:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No more lame hires appearing in the hire options or wants panel, like people who already have real jobs!

OFBp2+: nolamehires.zip
OFBp1-: nolamehires-p1.zip

No Lame Hires for TS2OFB p2+
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Non-townie sims with jobs >= L6 or who are already working in a user business
are no longer considered eligible hires and will not clog the hiring pool, nor
be available with the "hire" option unless they quit. Sims will never want to
hire anyone who already has a job.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for TS2OFBp2. Do not use with older
patches of OFB.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 17, 08:11:44 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: No Lame Hires
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 10, 10:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, very useful.
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 10, 11:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I would like to get this, But was just wondering,  If the game has less townies to choose from, could it cause more townies to be generated by the game?
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 10, 13:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if I want to hire someone with a real job though?  Like my slacker son who I want to force into the family business against his will?  I'd rather him be a cashier for me than for the Gas N Sip!  Do I have to go in and make him quit first then?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 10, 14:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well when you meet the person if you clcik on them with the bussiness owner selected you get the hire option.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 10, 14:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well when you meet the person if you clcik on them with the bussiness owner selected you get the hire option.

Right, but this mod is to disable that option if the person already has a job.

C

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 10, 14:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if I want to hire someone with a real job though?  Like my slacker son who I want to force into the family business against his will?  I'd rather him be a cashier for me than for the Gas N Sip!  Do I have to go in and make him quit first then?
Cashiering for Gas and Sip is not considered a "real job", since it's too low level. He would have to be advanced as far as as Projectionist (L6), in order to to no longer automatically appear. Gas And Sip would be L2. Also, all family members are automatically part of the family business, and are perfectly able to moonlight.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 10, 15:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cashiering for Gas and Sip is not considered a "real job", since it's too low level. He would have to be advanced as far as as Projectionist (L6), in order to to no longer automatically appear. Gas And Sip would be L2. Also, all family members are automatically part of the family business, and are perfectly able to moonlight.

Oh, then this is most excellent and shiny.  Thank you, this is great!  I thought by "real job" you initially meant any job at all....

it's probably in the RTFM, which I didn't

C

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 10, 21:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid Cwieberdink.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 10, 22:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I don't suppose you can be convinced to make a version that disallows all playables or at least tell me which hex value I need to change? I have a whole bunch of playables throughout my neighborhood who I just moved into rinky dink starter home that I never actually play and they function as sort of non hideously uglies townies and potential breeding stock. My problem is they keep clogging up the daily 5 on the telephone and I can never get the people with the badges I need. I can convert these playable to townies but then they don't seem to get random badges.  Sad

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 11, 02:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great.  I'm sick of seeing sims who at the top of their career and their stupid buddy wants to hire them to work at their rinky dink car dealership.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 11, 04:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just messed with joy.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 11, 07:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've found several quirks/issues/annoyances with using this:

Malcom Landgraab is still showing up on my list of hireables even though his household is worth about 200k and he owns two businesses because technically he is not employed.

If you sell or permanently close down a business without first firing or laying off your employees, the employees keep their jobs anyway but you then can't fire them. This apparently is a Maxis feature so that playables who work for other playables don't lose their job if you decide to up and sell the business they work for. Without this hack, this isn't a big deal because you can still just steal them away from their non-existant business. With this hack, such townies become permanently unemployable and you are not able to ever hire them again unless you move them in and have them quit their jobs. "Employee" doesn't really have a job level per say, but I have several in my game that used to work for me and I closed the business down and they are no longer hireable because the game still sees them as employed in the 'employee' career track and this hack won't let me re-hire them because of that.

Downtownies will only show up on the list of hireables if you call or go online from downtown regardless of where your actual store is located. So I have a sim who lives downtown but has his store in Bluewater Village. If I have him call to hire from home, downtownies come up on the list. If I have him do it from the store, they don't.

This Downtownie specific thing applies to shoppers too. If your shop is locate downtown they will show up, if not they won't.

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 11, 17:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado is a god.

* Kitiara  bows low in deference.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 11, 19:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Malcom Landgraab is still showing up on my list of hireables even though his household is worth about 200k and he owns two businesses because technically he is not employed.

I don't mind if owners are in the hiring pool, because I actually want my owners to work in another business, because when I play the other business, they will be there to gain badgages without costing any time in their life. In fact, they rarely gain badgages in their own business because I need them to run around managing employees.

If you sell or permanently close down a business without first firing or laying off your employees, the employees keep their jobs anyway but you then can't fire them. This apparently is a Maxis feature so that playables who work for other playables don't lose their job if you decide to up and sell the business they work for. Without this hack, this isn't a big deal because you can still just steal them away from their non-existant business. With this hack, such townies become permanently unemployable and you are not able to ever hire them again unless you move them in and have them quit their jobs. "Employee" doesn't really have a job level per say, but I have several in my game that used to work for me and I closed the business down and they are no longer hireable because the game still sees them as employed in the 'employee' career track and this hack won't let me re-hire them because of that.

I haven't installed this hack yet (but very excited to try it out). It should be very useful. But since you are saying that employees are kept after the business is sold, then what will happen if the business is bulldozed without the owner selling the business from home first? Also I want to ask if it is possible to transfer workers from one business to another that are both owned by one sim? So far I couldn't find a way to do it.

Downtownies will only show up on the list of hireables if you call or go online from downtown regardless of where your actual store is located. So I have a sim who lives downtown but has his store in Bluewater Village. If I have him call to hire from home, downtownies come up on the list. If I have him do it from the store, they don't.

This Downtownie specific thing applies to shoppers too. If your shop is locate downtown they will show up, if not they won't.

I'm not sure about the first one. I'm playing the MATYvill the painful version from simmiecal, and she told me that Shirley Baker lives in downtown, although I couldn't find her there, but I hired her from a store in Bluewater villlage. For the second one, I definitely have downtownies, AND main hood residents visit my stores in Bluewater village.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 11, 21:17:26 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 11, 20:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fixed a logic bug, so you may want to redownload.

Malcolm Landgraab can indeed be employed, since he has no job. Owning any number of businesses is pretty irrelevant, since owning one business is as good as owning a dozen, as time freezes when you visit it to play! You could always give him a job, I suppose.

If you sell or permanently close down a business without first firing or laying off your employees, the employees keep their jobs anyway but you then can't fire them. This apparently is a Maxis feature so that playables who work for other playables don't lose their job if you decide to up and sell the business they work for. Without this hack, this isn't a big deal because you can still just steal them away from their non-existant business. With this hack, such townies become permanently unemployable and you are not able to ever hire them again unless you move them in and have them quit their jobs.
Issue is presently due to be addressed in next version.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 11, 21:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose for those of us who don't want our business owners hireable, someone (like myself) could make a custom career to assign them to that only makes them 'work' one hour a week, say, to go file taxes or something, and only pays 1 simolean per job level no matter what. It would best work assigning them to it through a cheat or hack of some sort so they could be at lv. 6 and thus out of the hiring pool immediately. Assuming custom careers still work okay in OFB, of course.  Smiley

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 11, 22:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want any of my playables hirable period. Since Pescado did his usual non-answer means no Pescadoness, I suppose I'll have to fiddle around and see if I can figure it out on my own with the thorough lack of help.  Tongue

Alternately, if someone knows a way I can turn playables into townies and actually have them get randomized badges, please let me know as I have a lot of playables I don't play and I don't mind doing this, but if I just turn them into townies as it is now, they still won't have any badges and I'd end up with the same problem I have now, 9 times out of 10 most if not all the people on the hire list have no damned badges because I have so many damned playable 'townies' I made myself (that is, I made playables without the intention of ever playing them just to have non butt-ugly people for my sims to befriend and marry).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 12, 17:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want any of my playables hirable period. Since Pescado did his usual non-answer means no Pescadoness, I suppose I'll have to fiddle around and see if I can figure it out on my own with the thorough lack of help.  Tongue
I'm not going to make that simply because that's not the outcome that is generally desirable. In fact, hiring your own sims, regardless of their badge level, can be a very good thing because unlike townies, which seem to quit at the drop of a hat, perhaps because they're temperamental and fussy, playable sims never quit. Even when you pay them proper sweatshop wages for the menial task they're actually performing, instead of an outlandish wage like they demanded simply because they had high, but completely useless, skills.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 12, 18:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had anyone quit on me yet, but then again I don't pay anyone sweatshop wages either. Wink

I guess I am just really frustrated with calling every darned day and hardly ever getting anyone with badges showing up. I swear if I knew it was going to be this much trouble I would have made them all townies before I installed the darned expansion.

I guess it's not quite so bad now that you made the cashier hack because prior to that you pretty much HAD to hire someone with a cashier badge, but it's still kind of a pain when you want to get experiences staff and can't.

I dunno, maybe I will just nuke all those characters. I wonder if Quaxi ever got that delete a sim part of SimPE working right.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 12, 22:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize, having seen it in numerous threads over the last few days, how anti-cheating you are, Motoki, but why not compromise in the middle somewhere -- instead of training your staff from the ground up, compensate for this problem of your own creation by giving your new employee a bronze badge in a single area you intend for them to work in. It means you don't have to train totally from scratch, which is fair because if you didn't have all those playables around then you would be able to more easily hire townies with badges, but it also still puts you on either no better footing or worse footing than hiring townies, because if you had better access to hiring townies, you'd be able to get ones with better badges or more than one badge. The net result makes the game more, not less difficult for you.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 13, 04:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, I might. I just want them to have randomized badges that I don't already know about and that I have to find out about over time. If I assign them stuff, it just feels like me just cheating and it takes the fun out of figuring out (and remembering!) who has what because I already know.

I'll see. I'll figure something out.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 13, 20:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have already done that.  I loaded up all the lots I don't play, spawned a badge juicer and a teleport bush and just assigned them all random badges and dumped them in the townie pool.  six sided dice.  1=1 badge, 2=2, 3=3, 4=4, 5=none, 6 reroll.  Or whatever suits you ( I use an excel spreadsheet with a rand() function).

Dunno about you, but my memory isn't that good.  I wouldn't be able to tell you who I assigned what at this point.  I don't play them, so I can barely tell them one from another.

Better this than being endlessly frustrated.  Safer than to delete then as well.
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 14, 22:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

any future update to allow YA to be hireable?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 14, 23:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, Squinge made a hack over at MTS2 that makes young adults hireable. Not sure if it conflicts with this one or not though.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: