More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 19:05:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB sold items in Inventory? WHAT THE?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB sold items in Inventory? WHAT THE?  (Read 17193 times)
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
OFB sold items in Inventory? WHAT THE?
« on: 2006 March 06, 22:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been just playing my sims and i went to buy a aspiration reward, by default it's set on the inventory.  I saw my sim had some tvs and computers i thought that's odd why's she have those?  I went to my other sim and surprise surprise he has about half a dozen wall mounted tvs in his inventory.  This is all stuff i sold to these sims in one of my businesses.  What's worse i guess is it's essentially free money, i might as well be cheating for cash if i sell these items.

I assume this isn't only me right?  So is there any way we can get a fix for this so we don't have assloads of items put in our sims inventory that they didn't deserve?
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
Re: OFB sold items in Inventory? WHAT THE?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 06, 22:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a new trash can feature (I think it's new) in the inventory so you can just ditch the repeated/unearned items for no cost/refund. I read this in the manual, and have trashed some items and kept others. If you take the items out, then you'll be charged.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 06, 23:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a new trash can feature (I think it's new) in the inventory so you can just ditch the repeated/unearned items for no cost/refund. I read this in the manual, and have trashed some items and kept others. If you take the items out, then you'll be charged.

Oh, cool didn't notice that thanks for the help, I'll give it a try.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 06, 23:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if this is where the stolen stuff is going???  Have you had shoplifters?

Update: Nope just checked, I have no stolen items in my sims inventory  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2006 March 06, 23:23:12 by Simlover » Logged

Axe murdered since 2006
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 06, 23:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cost of the items is deducted from the buyers money. The game jsut lets you sell it back so your CAS sims don't fuck themselves too badly.

The funny thing is the game is supposed to have a 3 item limit. i.e. if a sim comes on your lot and buys 10 things, only the last 3 will be in invintory. Each time they buy a new item an old one gets bumped and sold back.

Naturally, this feature doesn't work in any way shape or form. Its fun clearing 20 items out of every sim on a lot because they shop a lot.

Wonder if its broken for towniees too. Towniees that its not broken for could come into ahouse with immense numbers of objects bought for free.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 06, 23:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder if its broken for towniees too. Towniees that its not broken for could come into ahouse with immense numbers of objects bought for free.
In that case, somewhere out there, a townie has about 30 puddles of vintage Brynne pee.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 06, 23:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless the towniee was using them as beverages or bathwater.

Webcest.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 06, 23:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm how exactly does the delete button work?  I can select something and hit delete on the keyboard then it gives a bunch of cash and removes the item.  sanmonroe are you sure it deducts the money from your sims when the items are bought?  Because if that's true their falling short, i got a ton of computers the shop sells them for about 3.1k and i can sell em out of the inventory for about 2.2k.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 06, 23:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been just playing my sims and i went to buy a aspiration reward, by default it's set on the inventory.  I saw my sim had some tvs and computers i thought that's odd why's she have those?  I went to my other sim and surprise surprise he has about half a dozen wall mounted tvs in his inventory.  This is all stuff i sold to these sims in one of my businesses.  What's worse i guess is it's essentially free money, i might as well be cheating for cash if i sell these items.

I assume this isn't only me right?  So is there any way we can get a fix for this so we don't have assloads of items put in our sims inventory that they didn't deserve?

Ya know, as much as I hate free money, ( in the game that is ) I kinda like having those items there. I'll just keep them for a money emergency.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 06, 23:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok lets make sure we are talking about the same thing.

When a sim comes onto your lot and buys something, say for 10$, the owner gains 10$ and has one item needing restock.

If you then load up the house of the sim who bought it, that sim now has 10$ less than before. They actually spent the money.

Now, supposedly the game limits you to only 3 items worth a max of 20% of the buyers lot value. If a fourth item is bought the first is sold back at full price.

This doesn't actually work.

Now, since Maxis realized that sims were stupid and would bankrupt themselves since they were bound to screw up the programming controlling spending behavior, they made it so you can sell the items your sims bought right out of thier personal inventory. If you do that you get a full refund.

The original seller does not lose the money ona  refund, the game just pretends a townee bought it.

Webcest.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 06, 23:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm how exactly does the delete button work?  I can select something and hit delete on the keyboard then it gives a bunch of cash and removes the item.  sanmonroe are you sure it deducts the money from your sims when the items are bought?  Because if that's true their falling short, i got a ton of computers the shop sells them for about 3.1k and i can sell em out of the inventory for about 2.2k.

Hmm. Probably the game has no way to record how much items cost on other lots. They probably are refunding you the normal price not the spent price.

If so, its another bug.

Webcest.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 06, 23:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm i think i understand, i don't think my sims have any less money than they had though.  I'm going to have to check it out next time i go into my business and sell stuff, i'll have to record the exact dollar amounts.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 06, 23:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the inventory cleaning is a price to pay for having almost all your sims controllable.  Oh well, it's better than having a bunch of Townies with the same personality hating my shops.

Hopefully there will be a hack like no20khandout that will stop this silly behavior.  I personally only want sims to keep items that they buy when I'm controlling them, that way they're not getting the item for reduced cost.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 07, 00:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay i have confirmed as sanmonroe previously said money is deducted from that sim when an item is sold to them.  I could not confirm however if the price matched the sale price which in turn evens your bank balance.  Reason being is i already had so much stuff in the inventory.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 07, 00:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose one answer is to keep your playable sims very short of ready cash! 

Zephyr Zodiac
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 07, 00:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose one answer is to keep your playable sims very short of ready cash! 

That might not even work it would need testing but i suspect they would go into minus.  Unless Maxis set it up so when a sim doesn't have the cash to buy stuff they "just browse".
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 07, 00:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they don't have a minus, do they?  Except in the business console, that is.  But if your sim is at work, has 85 simoleons in the kitty and loses 1,000 while at work, in fact he only loses the 85 that are there and when he comes home he is paid as normal.

Zephyr Zodiac
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 07, 00:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they don't have a minus, do they?  Except in the business console, that is.  But if your sim is at work, has 85 simoleons in the kitty and loses 1,000 while at work, in fact he only loses the 85 that are there and when he comes home he is paid as normal.

Oh that's right i forgot they don't allow them to dip into minus, heh that was always fun with sims 1.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 07, 00:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember that!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 07, 01:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, since Maxis realized that sims were stupid and would bankrupt themselves since they were bound to screw up the programming controlling spending behavior, they made it so you can sell the items your sims bought right out of thier personal inventory. If you do that you get a full refund.
Yeah, no shit. If sims had realistic spending behaviors, only townies would be able to buy things, since your REGULAR sims tend to come with furnished homes. You'd need to create a new functionality, a shopping list, that would cause sims to buy things that are on their list of stuff to buy.

Otherwise they'd buy a million tons of junk. Because they don't have any shopping habits, and insist on buying things which COST MONEY, which is to be avoided!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 07, 01:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case, somewhere out there, a townie has about 30 puddles of vintage Brynne pee.

I am astonished and slightly incredulous that you can actually mark puddles for sale. (But what I really want to know is how you're running BlueSoup's, er, fight club. I suppose it's just a ticketed venue where you've turned her loose to do what apparently comes naturally? Wink)

Clearly, I need to hurry up with my disk space clearing so I can defrag and install the EP, and then I, too, could be seeing what ridiculous businesses I can create in my test neighborhood while I learn how not to break the game for my real families. Now, if only I could find a torrent for the strategy guide so I could read it while I wait for goddamn Ingram Books to cough it up to fill my order at work. Tongue

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 07, 01:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am astonished and slightly incredulous that you can actually mark puddles for sale. (But what I really want to know is how you're running BlueSoup's, er, fight club. I suppose it's just a ticketed venue where you've turned her loose to do what apparently comes naturally? Wink)
Well, pretty much. I open it at night, invite BlueSoup over and let her in for free, and then being a vampire, with naturally no decay, she always has great mood and thus high customer loyalty.

There is, of course, nothing of any actual use on the lot. So BlueSoup just stands there, not having anything to distract her. She's happy doing this, because her motives aren't dropping.

Other people come. BlueSoup now has something to do. She attacks!

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 07, 01:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, pretty much. I open it at night, invite BlueSoup over and let her in for free, and then being a vampire, with naturally no decay, she always has great mood and thus high customer loyalty.

There is, of course, nothing of any actual use on the lot. So BlueSoup just stands there, not having anything to distract her. She's happy doing this, because her motives aren't dropping.

Other people come. BlueSoup now has something to do. She attacks!

That must be fun to watch... but is it profitable?

I'm reminded that when I was bored at work I was trying to decide which aspiration would be best for racking up influence points to run a dating service venue (by way of Influence to... Flirt and so on). Probably Popularity.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 07, 02:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course it's profitable. It can't NOT be profitable, there aren't any employees or costs.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 07, 13:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just don't spend any money, don't pay a maid, don't restock the fridge - all those costs will knock your profits down again!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: