More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:23:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Internet-Cafe Computer (Visitor Enabled Computer)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Internet-Cafe Computer (Visitor Enabled Computer)  (Read 13909 times)
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Internet-Cafe Computer (Visitor Enabled Computer)
« on: 2006 March 06, 09:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this is my first object mod  Cool I guess it's still on beta, so please let me know if you find any bug.
This is a computer that you can place on community lots and visitors will autonomy want to play, check and send emails or work at the computer. This is specially good in Open For Business, for some us that want to open an Internet-Cafe, charging per hour. Enjoy Smiley

P.D: Thanks to Ancient Sim for her suggestion and to MATY's friends.

[404'ed!]
« Last Edit: 2006 March 09, 18:24:36 by Pyrobon » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Internet-Cafe Computer (Visitor Enabled Computer)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 06, 09:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice one! What does the computer look like? I want to see before I download please Smiley

Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 06, 09:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks exactly as the Little Sister computer since it is a clone of it. I'll be posting a screenshot.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 06, 17:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ummm - couldn't find it in my buy catalogue on a community lot.   Embarrassed  I'm probably doing something stupid, but is it enabled for a community lot?  I'm runnning base game only so it could be that.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 07, 01:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be in the electronics category with other computers and tvs. Maybe it does require an ep, i'll take a look on that
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 07, 07:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou Pyrobon Smiley No need to post a screenie if it looks exactly like the maxis *cheap one Cheesy

*edit-err I meant the expensive computer......doh Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2006 March 07, 12:57:44 by Emma » Logged

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 08, 15:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks very much for making this, I'll test it out ASAP and let you know if I have any problems.  Will it work in residential lots as well?  Would be quite interesting to try an Internet Cafe as a home business.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 09, 18:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. It should work on residential lots.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 09, 21:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is very cool, thanks! They use it on their own, but for some reason the screen stays down. Other than that, it works great in my game Smiley
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 09, 22:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice Pyrobon!  This solves the problem that you had then?  Way to go out and get it!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 12, 15:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it needs Uni - the LAN functionality was added in Uni so the coding must have changed.  Unless I'm being really stupid about it, your lovely Mod doesn't show up in the catalogue on residential or community lots in base game.  Thanks anyway.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 14, 19:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that this was already possible since there is a hack available to stop them from using the computers.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 14, 23:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not possible for visitors, no.  If you go to Sims Gone Wired, nobody uses the computers at all, at least not in my game.  Makes no sense whatsoever to have a community lot full of pc's if nobody is using them!  Even my playables don't unless I tell them to.  Anyway, I tried one of these out at Kaylynn's cafe and visitors were using it.  I took it out in the end though because she kept going over to it to check her emails all the time and she started to annoy me, but at least I know they work, so when I get around to it I will be replacing all the ones on Sims Gone Wired.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 15, 03:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not possible for visitors, no.  If you go to Sims Gone Wired, nobody uses the computers at all, at least not in my game.  Makes no sense whatsoever to have a community lot full of pc's if nobody is using them!  Even my playables don't unless I tell them to.  Anyway, I tried one of these out at Kaylynn's cafe and visitors were using it.  I took it out in the end though because she kept going over to it to check her emails all the time and she started to annoy me, but at least I know they work, so when I get around to it I will be replacing all the ones on Sims Gone Wired.

Interesting. I recall reading something in the guide about them being able to use them. I can't recall where though. Bug? Yanked feature? Who knows.

Maybe this particular object needs to advertise less to keep people from using them until they pee.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 04, 06:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great!  I have an internet cafe in my neighborhood, and my only complaints have nothing to do with the functionality of the computer! LOL  (About every day or so they break down and have to be hauled home to have the repairman come to fix them because the owner of the business has very low mechanical skills--maybe something to keep in mind for a sim owning the internet cafe; and then of course this business does good to break even every day.  It's a great place for my popularity sim who runs it, though!  She makes plenty of friends while 'on the job' and her hubby's OTHER businesses support them.  Cheesy

raynuss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 06, 10:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happened to the download file?
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 06, 16:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happened to the download file?

This was the buggy version based off of the expensive Maxis computer, there is a new version by him based off the Moneywell at MTS2 that works really well.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=137106

The files were lost with a site mishap a couple of weeks ago, and not all of them were replaced.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: