More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:35:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How can you change the music on the loading screen?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How can you change the music on the loading screen?  (Read 7107 times)
Kitten of Evil
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How can you change the music on the loading screen?
« on: 2006 March 04, 21:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got OFB, but I don't really like the music it plays on the loading screen when you first boot up the game.  I liked the NL music better.  Is there any way to make it so that it plays the NL loading music instead of the OFB music?
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: How can you change the music on the loading screen?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 04, 21:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was mention in a thread on another forum that Quaxi was going to put the ability to change the loading music into SimPe. Then it was going to be in a future version.  Haven't been back to that forum to see if that thread is even still there.  I hope he does include that feature, I like the original tune best.
I'll be real interested to find out if anyone has any other way to do this, too!!
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 04, 21:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be cool, if its possible.

I'm not impressed with the load screen OFB music.

And if I had my druthers, I'd pick the load screen music that shipped with the base game.
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 04, 21:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Allen, did you wish for this in Sims 1 also?  I always wanted a way to keep the base music then, too.  And it seemed to get worse with each expansion.  I really hope that doesn't happen with Sims 2...
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 04, 21:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering the same thing when I loaded OFB for the first time. I'd much rather hear the original TS2 loading music or even from Vacation or Superstar.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 04, 23:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try extracting the music from "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Sound\Splash.package" (assuming default NL install directory), and replacing the file in "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\Sound\Splash.package" with the extracted NL startup music.

I've forgotten the exact process for doing this though, but that's a rough outline. I'll try getting some pictures later.

EDIT: It's as easy as extract, save, replace. Remember to back up the OFB file before trying this!

Extract
Open "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Sound\Splash.package", right click on the mp3/xa file, and hit extract.

Save
Save the file to a location where you know that you will find it. I've chosen the desktop, but it can be anywhere.

Replace
Open "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\Sound\Splash.package", right click on the file, hit replace, and find the file you saved. Job done.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This has not been tested in game, as Open For Business isn't running properly for me.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 04, 23:57:49 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 04, 23:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rather liked the Uni splash screen music myself.

Speaking of music and OFB.  Any new radio stations?  Or just new songs added to existing radio stations?  I read in another thread that there was an 80's song somewhere in there.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 05, 00:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a New Wave station with some 80's songs in Simlish and a Shopping station with build/buy (I think) music from TS1. I don't usually get to play with the sound on so I'm not sure if there are new songs on the other stations.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Kitten of Evil
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 05, 01:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Venusy!  That worked fine. Grin  Now I don't have to listen to the OFB music.  Hopefully the music for the next expansion is better...

Edit: Just for fun, I tried replacing the music with a completely different song that I have that isn't even from the Sims, and that worked too.  I wonder if it's possible to do that for the neighborhood music, too...
« Last Edit: 2006 March 05, 04:28:10 by Kitten of Evil » Logged
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 05, 13:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The neighbourhood music is even easier to do.  Open up that music folder in my documents and put your favourite mp3 file(s) in the nhood folder.  I have classical music everywhere in my game - very restful, but they do look odd dancing to it!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: