More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 17:58:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post problems you've noticed,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post problems you've noticed,  (Read 137763 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Post problems you've noticed,
« Reply #75 on: 2006 March 06, 00:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one shall remove it until the Awesome One has had a look at it!  (No servos in my game yet, though.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 March 06, 00:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried Inge's nomoaningtilldesperate and it isn't causing the servo problem and doesn't appear to cause any issues in a short test, but it didn't scan clean with Hackdiff, it came up like this:

ijNoMoaningTillDesperate.package: may require possible updates:
    B 0x7F01EC29 0x2045 Motive Helper - Distress

On the other hand, lesswhiny which definitely is causing at least one problem scanned completely clean with hackdiff. I must say that concerns me a bit because I wonder what other supposed clean hacks may actually be causing problems I haven't noticed yet or have attributed to bugs or poor 'features' on the part of Maxis.

I suppose it's entirely possible that chair could be having some issues due to a hack. It seems like some people report being okay with it and others report having problems. I guess I'd have to try it without any hacks and see but I'm kind of tired of the trial and error at the moment. Sad

Oh well, at least the servo issue is solved and I can invite him over now.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 March 06, 00:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I could get one for Jennifer (when John earns enough to pay for it) and see what happens!  She's not doing too well with her flowers, in fact, I've decided the whole thing is better suited to popularity sims!

Zephyr Zodiac
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 March 06, 00:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't tried the game sans hacks yet, but in my playing session last night I noticed that the mailperson seems to have developed a jump bug.  She arrives everyday on the two lots I tried, regardless if it's a mail day or not, reaches into her bag to get something out, and then 'jumps' to the other side of the mailbox, walks around to the front of the box, reaches into her bag, and jumps again in a continuous cycle, until I moveobjects on and delete her.  Used the lot debugger to kill any stuck bills but she'll be back again the very next day.

I took out the hacks deemed dirty by JM and twojeffs but the next time I play I'll try without any hacks at all *sob*

<insert witty comment here>
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 March 06, 00:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you move the mailbox at all? Supposedly, OFB has isssues if you do. Also, is a blocked in any way? Just trying to think what could be causing that because I haven't noticed it yet. *crosses fingers*

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 March 06, 00:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you got payatbox?  That caused similar problems for me back with Uni.  If you keep getting problems, you can just ban him, if you have the NPC and visitor zapper - of course, it means that you won't get any bills at all.....

Zephyr Zodiac
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 March 06, 00:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, never - I tend not to move things that Maxis decrees shouldn't be moved unless they get bugged.  She's never had a problem getting to the mailbox before OFB and nothing else has moved. Cry

I first thought it might have something to do with the increased traffic at the Goth house (the first house I tried) as Cassandra started a home florist shop, but the second house is completely unchanged. Huh

Oh and I took payatbox out when I got NL. Grin

(I wonder if forcing an error on the mailbox would help?)

EDIT: Oh, and I just remembered the other problem I faced last night - although this one was fixable.  Sims wouldn't be in the car when it would pull back into a driveway extension.  The car would just materialise like it does, but the sim would be sitting in the driving position back at the portal, then they'd just get up and walk off to wherever they were going.  Downside to this was that the car continued to make revving noises while parked (no-one there to take the key out of the ignition??!), which was my first clue something was wrong as I wasn't looking at the portal, and it wasn't possible to buy a car alarm.  Deleting and re-buying the extension seemed to 'fix' the problem.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 06, 01:02:02 by vecki » Logged

<insert witty comment here>
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 March 06, 01:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the past, in downtown, I could exit the game while my sim was still working in the shop and come back to it later but I did it the other night and but when I re-loaded, I couldn't access anything my sim was connected with. My sims house said that this family was visiting their shop and there was no car in their driveway from the neighbourhood view. I tried to access the shop and it was just accessing build mode, thats it. I could see my sim and her car but couldn't play them. I could only build/add to the shop.

I couldn't move the lot into the bin as the game said that it was still in the middle of a save so I just bull dozed it and everything seems to be ok now.

this is a known bug, Maxis has a thing up about it that basicly says "don't try to play the affected Lots - wait for the patch"  Roll Eyes
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 March 06, 02:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read elsewhere that if you interrupt ur sims while they were craft building, the items in the inventory would disappear. I didn't have this bug though.

I wonder if anyone can make single serving of cakes for their bakery. I haven't run a bakery but a lot of people are unable to make single servings. It seems that Maxis might have left that function out although the option is there  Huh

I never exit the game while in shop.I always go home to save. I think its safer that way.

And I notice that if you use ur cell phone to call the shop mgr,that progress bar for talking to mgr appears for 1-2 seconds and then disappears completely. But if you use the house phone, the bar stays on and when the bar is full, the mgr said  not to worry and things are fine. You could talk forever on ur cellphone and never get that msg.

I am begining to think this game is much more buggy than University.

Go Away
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2006 March 06, 02:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't tried the game sans hacks yet, but in my playing session last night I noticed that the mailperson seems to have developed a jump bug.  She arrives everyday on the two lots I tried, regardless if it's a mail day or not, reaches into her bag to get something out, and then 'jumps' to the other side of the mailbox, walks around to the front of the box, reaches into her bag, and jumps again in a continuous cycle, until I moveobjects on and delete her.  Used the lot debugger to kill any stuck bills but she'll be back again the very next day.

I took out the hacks deemed dirty by JM and twojeffs but the next time I play I'll try without any hacks at all *sob*

That sounds like the 'invalid' mail bug that I got. Try the college adjuster & see if the option comes up to delete invalid mail on those lots.

The fix for the less whiny problem is a really quick fix (in fact I fixed my own copy already), JM should get a new version out soon.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 March 06, 02:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read elsewhere that if you interrupt ur sims while they were craft building, the items in the inventory would disappear. I didn't have this bug though.

I wonder if anyone can make single serving of cakes for their bakery. I haven't run a bakery but a lot of people are unable to make single servings. It seems that Maxis might have left that function out although the option is there  Huh

I never exit the game while in shop.I always go home to save. I think its safer that way.

And I notice that if you use ur cell phone to call the shop mgr,that progress bar for talking to mgr appears for 1-2 seconds and then disappears completely. But if you use the house phone, the bar stays on and when the bar is full, the mgr said  not to worry and things are fine. You could talk forever on ur cellphone and never get that msg.

I am begining to think this game is much more buggy than University.

Cool, cause when my sim rang her manager, on her mobile, to see how things were going they talked forever!! I didn't know what was going on!. Thankyou for this insightful post.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 March 06, 02:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are welcome. But if they talks on house phone, it also take them 2 hours. I noted the time.
I think our excellent modders and hackers here need to get real busy. There are a lot of bugs in OFB  Undecided

Go Away
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 March 06, 03:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still playing without hacks, and I think the salon chair is just buggy. It works, but it's difficult to manage, the sims sometimes agree and don't get the makeover, they go to the top and then decide to forget it more often, and they're easily distracted. They also seem grumpier than my other customers :p Offering them a makeover when they first come in, and then using "be stylist" while waiting for the bar to fill seems to work the best. Still I guess I should have practiced more, cuz she has lots of unhappy customers and for once though the business is making money, it's sure not going up in loyalty stars. (Apparently the negatives subtract from the positives, so now I'm back at 0 Wink The salon is the most difficult business I've tried so far (I haven't done a restaurant or nightclub yet).

I had that problem with my mailman in a NL game in Uni. He was trying to deliver flowers into the mailbox (I saw them once). I'd distract him a lot after he'd put the mail in and then delete him if he wouldn't go away so I could pay the bills and used the lot debugger for stuck bills and eventually it went away.

Oh, is it just me or are date bouquets now worth money when you sell them and they weren't before? I'm making $55 on each one now and I coulda sworn they were worthless (and annoying after awhile) in NL.

I'm scared of the "can't get to my sims" bug (as I'm now playing my real neighborhood) and so am only using taxis to get to my business and never saving there. Now I'm worried about uniforms too. Maybe I just won't save any. So far, no lost sims or businesses <crosses fingers>.

I think the loss in inventory of craft items might happen when you don't have enough money to pay for anymore. At least it seemed to for me - took them away, I mean. I sorta forgot they needed to pay for the materials.

I love that I can sell anything. I'm using the decorative styling lotions from retail sims and selling them in the salon (well she has to have something). I was afraid they'd limit it.

Unsouper
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 March 06, 03:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki, TJ, I'll take less whiny out and try it.

I have the same problem with the doors not locking. The option comes up, and I lock them, but everyone can just wander in. I resorted to removing the residence doors, but I can only do that on the lot where there is only one resident. Oh well...

ZZ, I can't find any thread with the moveobjects on discussion. Does that mean it has been mentioned in passing, so to speak, and no solution has been found yet?
(Yes, I did use search, extensively Cheesy)

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 March 06, 03:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG!  I just realized reading through these posts that I got so caught up in building up the capital, building my robot store, etc that I forgot you can't take a car to your community lot!  I had my sim hubby start Wieberbots Robot Store.  Sent him there with Merola's painting to craft bots all night.  I saved there and quit.  Will he be gone in the morning when I restart the game?Huh

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 March 06, 03:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed a problem when you set the price for all items in a store.

I clicked on the cash register and the price was set for ridiculously cheap, so I set the items pricing to expensive. Then I clicked the cash register straight away to check that the prices were set correctly and the items set price said ridiculously cheap! So again, I set the items at expensive, went through the process again and yes, the prices had 'defaulted' to ridiculously cheap.

Buggy...?  Hack conflict...? Or am I just doing this wrong?

Anyway, I ended up just clicking each individual shelf and set the items price that way.  Roll Eyes

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 March 06, 03:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG!  I just realized reading through these posts that I got so caught up in building up the capital, building my robot store, etc that I forgot you can't take a car to your community lot!  I had my sim hubby start Wieberbots Robot Store.  Sent him there with Merola's painting to craft bots all night.  I saved there and quit.  Will he be gone in the morning when I restart the game?Huh

C

Whats this about cars and community lots?? Bugger me, thats pretty crappy then. I guess its always worked in NL cause you always had to drive home before exiting the neighbourhood/game. So if I get a taxi to my business, then I'm ok?

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 March 06, 04:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a sticky notice over at the BBS regarding using cars.http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=b1b9f42ed4fd1027f0054f07f1725eac&directoryID=103&startRow=1&openItemID=item.103,root.1,item.43,item.41,item.23

happy now :-)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 March 06, 04:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed sims just leaving after they've been greeted? It's not a needs thing or anything, it's just that they get greeted but still keep on along their way for some reason. I've been getting that a lot lately.

I also had my first shoplifter tonight, but like the babynappings I tend to think it's a bug and not a feature.

Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 March 06, 04:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers Sandilou. I avoid the BBS like a plague so I would never had known this!

MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 March 06, 04:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG!  I just realized reading through these posts that I got so caught up in building up the capital, building my robot store, etc that I forgot you can't take a car to your community lot!  I had my sim hubby start Wieberbots Robot Store.  Sent him there with Merola's painting to craft bots all night.  I saved there and quit.  Will he be gone in the morning when I restart the game?

I've done it several times and it's worked fine with one exception that the lot debugger corrected instantly.

I have the same problem with the doors not locking. The option comes up, and I lock them, but everyone can just wander in.

Have you got that global that went with Inge's apartment doors? That was causing a problem for me till I found it lurking in my skins folder and took it out. It's "securitypatch" or something like that.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 March 06, 04:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I've noticed the greeting thing too.  I've still got a limited number of mods in my game.  Could it be JM's interactwogreet?

happy now :-)
Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 March 06, 05:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims leave without paying also, they all seem to be teens, and it happens at 9pm. It might have something to do with that being the time they leave a home lot if they are visiting?  Also had the problem with Servo's. Thanks for all the investigational work, will take out said hack.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 March 06, 05:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw two bugs in OFB so far.

1)When I bought a new fridge because I needed to make more Hamburgers, the fridge was still empty but couldn't be restocked.

After testing a few things the problem seems to be deeper.  Sending a Sim to a community lot to buy food got me into some weird information from the game, it does not show the amount needed to fill the fridge up like it used too when you clic on any of the food available on the community lot and this is happening in all neighnorhoods section community lot.  Any Sim can buy food on all community lot now too (in downtown too).  The only reliable way is too use the phone and have some food delivered to your home since going to a community lot won't help because it will cost you a fortune and I don't really know if you will come back with a little basket or not I did not test it out, but I will and let you know of the result.

I took out my downloads folder to make sure it was not a hack conflict.

EDIT:  I just tested it, we can buy food on communitly lots but we are better off taking note of how much is missing or we'll pay way too much for what we will get if our fridge is not empty, not really a problem for wealthy families but can be for starting families.  The most reliable way is still using the delivery system (by phone or computer) even if you pay a small charge for it.  Now let's put back this precious downloads folder shall we  Grin

EDIT2:  I did place a new fridge on a freshly made lot to see if the same thing would happen and it did.

EDIT3:  Are there others that notice that too or I am alone with this weird information problem?
« Last Edit: 2006 March 06, 16:33:15 by MissDoh » Logged
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 March 06, 11:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm enjoying OFB so far, but it's very buggy (big surprise, there!). I had the community lot bug last night.  I saved while my Sim was still at her flower shop and when I went back in she was stuck there.  Grr.  Luckily, I'd just started a new neighbourhood, so just deleted the whole thing and will start again tonight.  I can't stand waiting around for the stupid taxis, though, so I'm gonna have my sims drive to work and just not save until they're home again.

One thing I've noticed that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is that you can no longer get married on community lots.  Has anyone else had this?  I spent ages building an awesome chapel with some of the cool new roof tools, turned it into a residential lot to place the arch and then turned it back again in the usual way.  Sent a couple of engaged sims over there and the arch is not selectable.  Really annoying.

Oh, and how could I forget the nightmare that is the CONSTANT fighting in my shops.  One of my businesses lost a rank yesterday because stupid Goopy and Kellerman couldn't stop beating the crap out of each other long enough for me to move them on.  I ask you, is this an appropriate way to behave in a toy shop?  I think not.  I've given them a short period of grace while I learn the ropes, but soon the killing will commence if they don't learn to control themselves.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 06, 11:28:01 by Magwitch » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: