More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:39:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post problems you've noticed,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post problems you've noticed,  (Read 138075 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: Post problems you've noticed,
« Reply #325 on: 2006 April 02, 21:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found a few more interesting things:

toddlers can get wants for customers to get a loyalty star. Roll Eyes

The headmaster can't get through locked doors on a home business lot when the business is closed.  Visitors can just walk straight in, but not the Headmaster.  I thought it was bugged again when my sim was trying to give him the tour and he just stood there on the porch and said "I've already seen this room".

Cleanbot is obviously for cleaing up after Hydrobot has gone berserk..

I didn't get blank want icons today to begin with - but I began to get a few when the game had been running a long time. (3hrs+)  You can hover over the want and see what it is, but the icon isn't showing.  My game is almost vanilla - I haven't taken out the camera hack or the scripts for stairs, but there's nothing in downloads at all.  I'd forgotten how irritating the coffee cups/make beds/buying aspiration objects gameplay is!  Thank you for those hacks all over again.

Wanda and Stephen are on their second set of twins, no cheesecake - I guess she has a pregnancy modifier or that damn randomiser is stuck on twins!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2006 April 03, 00:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is almost vanilla - I haven't taken out the camera hack or the scripts for stairs, but there's nothing in downloads at all. 

The first thing I noticed was the camera hack wasn't working anymore.  Is this one you did yourself or is itthe one from MTS2 (Gun Mod)?

Inteen for AL, yay!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2006 April 03, 00:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Gunmod's Camera mod and it's working fine?
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2006 April 03, 00:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason why old camera mods don't work after installation of an expansion is because the game overwrites those files - or at least, mine were, and I didn't think to back up my cameras folder. Re-replacing the file worked. Lighting mod is similar, although in that case it's because the game is then using the lighting file from the new expansion folder and ignoring the old ones.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2006 April 03, 00:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason why old camera mods don't work after installation of an expansion is because the game overwrites those files - or at least, mine were, and I didn't think to back up my cameras folder. Re-replacing the file worked. Lighting mod is similar, although in that case it's because the game is then using the lighting file from the new expansion folder and ignoring the old ones.

No - me neither.  Thanks for the reply.  I knew it would be a case of wrestling with the files again.  Still I stuck the Tricou's right on the edge of town so I'll have to do it soon.

Inteen for AL, yay!
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2006 April 03, 00:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oohhh...my computer went belly-up and I didn't even notice, hehe.  I had to reinstall the files anyway.  Tongue
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2006 April 03, 05:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

**perks** - Inteen has been updated for OFB?  I didn't know.  Oh joy unbounded.  I'm going to find Jase and press his Thanks button.

ROFL..What a BRILLIANT pic!

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: 2006 April 03, 11:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Gunmod's Camera mod and it's working fine?
I've got snappledude's no EP one.  I put it back after installing OFB.  Maybe I'll take it out and try gunmod's

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: 2006 April 04, 10:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else think robot restocking is broken?  My game often restocks cleanbots with hydrobots even though there are cleanbots in inventory. You end up with two hydrobots in the shop instead of one of each.  I haven't noticed it the other way round or with any other robots?  It doesn't happen all the time either.

Ring up these Sales also drops out of the queue way too easily.  Faced with a line of customers, Sims stop ringing them up to listen to a joke and robots rush off to cook food you don't want.  Be cashier is OK.  I don't know what triggers the duration of Ring up these Sales, but it needs fixing!

mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2006 April 04, 15:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok i seem to be having a problem with the driveway extensions. what happens is i send a teen or a parent to work/school. if the car the were driving was placed on an extension piece, right when they are going to turn into the driveway the jump out of the car and are just standing there. the adults are treated as if they skipped work and they do not get paid. the students arent penalized for missing school, and they dont have any homework.

i was playing a house last night where i had this problem before, but it seemed to have stopped. i sent some of the sims to work on their community lot. the next day when everyone was returning home they started jumping out of their cars again. i had boolprop on when this happened and got an error concerning the pieces. anybody else having this problem?
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2006 April 04, 16:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard of something similar on another site.  Can you post your error logs (attachment) so someone more awesome can look at them?
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2006 April 04, 18:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok well here is the error log from the last time it happened.  Huh

« Last Edit: 2006 April 05, 09:54:23 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2006 April 04, 19:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a tip for the next time you need to post an error log: please add the txt file as an attachment instead of copying and pasting. Thank you!

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2006 April 05, 00:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a vehicle parked on an extension and one on the main driveay. I qued up for my sim to drive the one on the extension and it kept dropping out/freezing the sim until it dropped. The one on the main drive worked fine.

Biggest Problem: I have a home business (a junk yard) and right after the first perk (I chose cheaper inventory) I couldn't coook anymore. Everything was fine up until that moment. Now it's fubarred and I don't really know what to do. Never really had a lot go bugged before! I tried the Boolprop force error on everything, but it didn't work.

I don't have the patch installed--would the patch fix this? It wasn't on the list of things fixed... ? Help?
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2006 April 05, 07:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a bug, but a funny oversight (?) by developers.

Robots: Cheerleaders and Llama mascots cheer to them, Cow Mascots try to pester them. Sims will sometimes walk by them and do the "you're ugly and you turn me off" animation. And the robots have thought bubbles over their heads while they work (they have the Family aspiration).

Robots, family...hmm, the "Maximum Overdrive EP" is coming soon? Who made who? Sims be doomed!  Cheesy

Instant gratification takes too long.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: 2006 April 05, 09:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Robots get the aspiration of the one that iniatialised them.  That's why I have 2 romance robots (ugh) and you have family bots.  They get his/her skills and personality too, so mine couldn't cook much and had low body skill.  Not sure about interests.   My Sims give romance bots the samew "Wow" reaction all romance sims get.  They can wear aspiration helmets by the way.

Have you had the restocking problem I mentions - finding hyrdrobots instead of cleanbots when you've restocked?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2006 April 05, 09:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a vehicle parked on an extension and one on the main driveay. I qued up for my sim to drive the one on the extension and it kept dropping out/freezing the sim until it dropped. The one on the main drive worked fine.
This doesn't work in real life, so I wouldn't expect it to work in the game, either. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2006 April 05, 13:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you had the restocking problem I mentions - finding hyrdrobots instead of cleanbots when you've restocked?

No, I haven't had that particular problem.

Instant gratification takes too long.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2006 April 05, 16:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't work in real life, so I wouldn't expect it to work in the game, either. Tongue

well, they used to just get in and appear on the road. Did the EP change this?

As for the above mentioned problem: I stuck my backyup in and ttried to recreate it. It didn't happen again. Weirdness....
« Last Edit: 2006 April 06, 00:48:17 by MutantBunny » Logged
Mmmary
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2006 October 24, 11:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it does. (Yes you did) You can even take two sims that don't live together to get married, and when it is done, it will add the other sim to the family right there at the community lot.

What altar is this? The one I see at MTS2 isn't set up to work on community lots... the posts suggest fixing it yourself and/or change lot zoning to get it onto a community lot. Is that the one you mean? (I can change lot zoning, but I thought that didn't work) <confuzzled>

Start out with a community lot, fix it the way you want it, then change lot zoning, exit, re-enter, add the altar and anything else you want, then change it back.

Would like to add that IndigoRage has not updated the altar for OFB (apparently he's working on it), so the sims still change into the default wedding clothesSad Just found out by the trial and error method...
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2006 October 24, 13:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was a very necromantic observation.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: