More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:19:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post problems you've noticed,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post problems you've noticed,  (Read 138175 times)
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: Post problems you've noticed,
« Reply #300 on: 2006 March 27, 23:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Among other appalling errors...
So far, in every wedding since installing OFB, the bride & groom do not dress for the occasion. (no wedding gown & tux, even w/ wedding party under the arch)

I understand there are hacks out there that do this intentionally.  I don't use them.  Never have.  Wedding gown & tux worked properly till OFB.

Anyone else notice this?

I have not had that problem, but I have only had weddings on community lots. They always dress into default Maxis wedding gear. Also, I don't use the arches, I use an altar....perhaps that is the difference.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2006 March 28, 00:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not had that problem, but I have only had weddings on community lots. They always dress into default Maxis wedding gear. Also, I don't use the arches, I use an altar....perhaps that is the difference.

Are you saying that that altar (did I get it from MTS2?) works on community lots with OFB?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2006 March 28, 00:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you saying that that altar (did I get it from MTS2?) works on community lots with OFB?

Yes it does. (Yes you did) You can even take two sims that don't live together to get married, and when it is done, it will add the other sim to the family right there at the community lot.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2006 March 28, 02:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.pronupsims.fr.st/

Pronup Sims is your new friend.

Note: This website doesn't appear to work in Firefox anymore.  Sad

works for me with firefox at  http://www.pronupsims.net/
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2006 March 28, 02:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it does. (Yes you did) You can even take two sims that don't live together to get married, and when it is done, it will add the other sim to the family right there at the community lot.

What altar is this? The one I see at MTS2 isn't set up to work on community lots... the posts suggest fixing it yourself and/or change lot zoning to get it onto a community lot. Is that the one you mean? (I can change lot zoning, but I thought that didn't work) <confuzzled>

Unsouper
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2006 March 28, 03:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What altar is this? The one I see at MTS2 isn't set up to work on community lots... the posts suggest fixing it yourself and/or change lot zoning to get it onto a community lot. Is that the one you mean? (I can change lot zoning, but I thought that didn't work) <confuzzled>

Start out with a community lot, fix it the way you want it, then change lot zoning, exit, re-enter, add the altar and anything else you want, then change it back. I added a bottle of champagne, wedding cake, and a buffet table. You don't need more than one bottle of champagne because apparently on community lots, they are bottomless. In fact, after about the 10th toast I make them dispose of it before anymore toasts happen Tongue
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2006 March 28, 03:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds easy enough, thanks! I'll give it a shot.

For some reason I had the idea changing the lot zoning to community after placing the arch broke the arch in OFB. Maybe the new coding (for clothes) makes that one break but this one, cloned from the old arch, still works.

If that made any sense at all.

Unsouper
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2006 March 28, 10:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent - if you are right, I am very pleased.  I've decided I prefer it to the wedding arch in my churches.  I can load OFB now which I'd been putting off until after Peter and Marianne's wedding.  Thanks for the info.  However, I also infer that TwoJeffs formal wedding hack doesn't work with it, yes?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2006 March 28, 11:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TJ's hack doesn't work with it, but with OFB you don't need the hack anyhow - Maxis has made it so that sims use their planned formal wear as a default behaviour in OFB.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2006 March 28, 11:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TJ's hack doesn't work with it, but with OFB you don't need the hack anyhow - Maxis has made it so that sims use their planned formal wear as a default behaviour in OFB.

Yes, I know that.  I suppose I'll have to get on and load OFB now.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: 2006 March 28, 14:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason I had the idea changing the lot zoning to community after placing the arch broke the arch in OFB.

Magwitch posted soon after OFB that they'd made a new community wedding lot in OFB and the arch didn't work. That's why.   http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3287.msg103671#msg103671

"One thing I've noticed that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is that you can no longer get married on community lots. Has anyone else had this? I spent ages building an awesome chapel with some of the cool new roof tools, turned it into a residential lot to place the arch and then turned it back again in the usual way. Sent a couple of engaged sims over there and the arch is not selectable. Really annoying."  Magwitch

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2006 March 28, 16:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooooo, so the altar works?  Marvellous!

*Runs off to download*.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: 2006 March 31, 21:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the following problems - they aren't worth their own thread so it's necromancy time.

jump bug
blank want icons
wants to slow dance but no slow dance
pre-OFB and new lots with desert terrain type in Veronaville.
pre-OFB Pleasantview lots crashing the game instead of installing in Strangetown.

I can't see any pattern on the first two, but the descriptions of the wants are there if you hover, I'm just missiing the icons. I think I don't have slow dance because I don't have NL and the want coding for OFB doesn't match. 
There's a history on the lot problems, but I can't see how it should have caused the latest problems.  A lot newly made in Veronaville shouldn't be desert terrain when I play it!  Pick up and put down fixed that one, but still... A lot made in Pleasant view pre-OFB shouldn't place fine in a green hood, but crash the game when placed in Strangetown!  (custom content all removed beforehand)   I suspect not having Uni and NL is a problem as No one else ever seems to have had problems changing terrain.  I can live with it, I guess.  Just don't try and move even empty lots around!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2006 March 31, 21:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got some nasty jump bugs as well as the blank want slots as well. Like you, I can't seem to pinpoint what's causing them either (eg. no object error logs, etc.).

As a side note that's more comical than on topic, one of my post-uni family sims has five blank want slots and the sixth slot is always "Woohoo in bed". I guess that's all she wants now that she's done it all. Cheesy

Instant gratification takes too long.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2006 April 01, 03:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My blank want slots were caused by a mod I think.  I didn't remember to take out Inteen with OFB (which hadn't been updated at the time, not sure now).  As soon as I took it out I lost the jumps and the blank wants.  It may have just been the Maxis premade family I was playing that always seem to have problems with Inteen anyway for me but it is something to check anyway.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: 2006 April 01, 08:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took them all out yesterday trying to track down whether or not a hack was suppressing my slow dance interraction before I reported it to EA.  I don't have inteen anyway.  I still had jump bug and slow dance.  I didn't play for long enough to notice blank wants, that pre-OFB lot crashed the game twice and I quit!  I'll look again today.

The one that was causing me problems originally was an old version of moveinall from MTS2.  That suppressed management and sales interactions. Glad I found that one eventually.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2006 April 01, 11:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My blank want slots were caused by a mod I think.  I didn't remember to take out Inteen with OFB (which hadn't been updated at the time, not sure now).  As soon as I took it out I lost the jumps and the blank wants.  It may have just been the Maxis premade family I was playing that always seem to have problems with Inteen anyway for me but it is something to check anyway.

**perks** - Inteen has been updated for OFB?  I didn't know.  Oh joy unbounded.  I'm going to find Jase and press his Thanks button.

Inteen for AL, yay!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2006 April 01, 15:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

**perks** - Inteen has been updated for OFB?  I didn't know.  Oh joy unbounded.  I'm going to find Jase and press his Thanks button.

Not quite yet -- Jase has the OFB version of InTeen in private beta testing.  No word yet on when public beta testing starts.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2006 April 01, 18:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time you use Inteen, god steps on a kitten until it dies a horrible, bleeding death.

Instant gratification takes too long.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2006 April 01, 19:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: 2006 April 01, 19:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lolol! Lord-i'm SURE they don't mean to dis on ya like dat. Forgive them-they know not what they do!  Tongue

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2006 April 02, 00:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this is supposed to discourage me how?  hmmm?

Inteen for AL, yay!
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2006 April 02, 02:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time you use Inteen, god steps on a kitten until it dies a horrible, bleeding death.
Nah.  It's quick.  Easy.  Painless.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
trancejeremy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2006 April 02, 07:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I've noticed is that when the game picks a sim to appear on a community lot (but not business), I get a huge slow down.

I believe it's because I have so many sims in my neighborhood, I get the same thing when it picks which sims will visit when a family first moves in (I guess it goes through all the sims to see which ones live nearby). But it's weird that it happens for a community lot, not a business lot.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2006 April 02, 07:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it checks for sims that you don't know.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: