More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:28:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post problems you've noticed,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post problems you've noticed,  (Read 138171 times)
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: Post problems you've noticed,
« Reply #275 on: 2006 March 25, 23:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post-patch now, it seems that my university kids no longer get the five hour finals warning. Not a big deal really, but does this happen (or rather, not happen) to anyone else?

Instant gratification takes too long.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2006 March 25, 23:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post-patch now, it seems that my university kids no longer get the five hour finals warning. Not a big deal really, but does this happen (or rather, not happen) to anyone else?

Yes It happens in my game too.I just sent 4 sims through uni last night and the whole time they did not get any 5 hour warnings until final. The only notice they got was so and so has final in one hour.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2006 March 25, 23:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a problem with a lot post-patch.

It's the Just flowers N More lot in Bluewater Village.

When customers are in the lot they gather around the flower beds (the pre-made ones) and all of them get the thought bubbles above their heads with a wall in them.

Now, I haven't changed one thing on the lot since I installed the patch and it was working perfectly fine beforehand, so I don't get why they think there's an obstruction or whatever they think is a problem  Huh

Is anyone else playing this lot and if so, have you had this problem or does anyone else have any idea what's happening?

Edit: I deleted and replaced the flower beds and now sims will buy flowers instead of gathering there with the 'wall' thought bubbles, HOWEVER, now they gather inside the shop and get the thought bubbles. I think the lot's buggy and as I can't be bothered to go through all stock, delete and replace I think I'll just sell the fucking thing and let my sim cut his losses  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2006 March 26, 01:05:02 by aussieone » Logged

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2006 March 26, 01:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, speaking of which, one of my shops went poof as well. I can't get into it visiting or to go to work. 
The game just crashes with a windows error rather than a sims2 error dialog and thus, no error log is created by the game. Undecided

Damn. I wonder how many other shops are broken for me.

Oh well. Smiley

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: 2006 March 26, 07:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else think "Ring up these customers" drops out of the queue too easily?  My sims stop ringing up sales to listen to a joke!  Queue of people, some blue bags all beginning to get anxious and this sim stops ringing them up to listen to a joke from some total stranger! 

In dealing with queue's it's definitely worth pulling a sim out of the queue to reset their meter on waiting time.  Old NHS waiting list trick for those UK simmers.  Target the second in the queue or the most upset sim behind him by telling a joke or showing them something else.  A quick social interaction makes them happy again and resets their meter when they rejoin the queue.  And by the time the queuing sims have manoeuvered to reform the queue around my sim and the customer who is obviously standing in the way now, the cashier has rung up the first one.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2006 March 26, 20:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put a barrier around the cash register with lockable gate style doors. Wink
It might not be too glamorous, but it works.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: 2006 March 26, 21:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the action shouldn't just drop out of the queue completely.  If you queue a sim to ring up sales, they should DO it.  Not decide to do something else instead.  It looks buggy in my game.  It needs a fix not a workaround if it's buggy.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2006 March 26, 23:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a five hour warning since NL came out.  It could be a hack conflict for all I know.  But I've gotten so used to it that I've never tried to fix it.
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2006 March 27, 05:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, here's mine...don't know if it is a bug or an annoyance. either way it irritates the crap out of me...
I own a salon...and have 2 stylists and someone doing sales pitches. anwya if the sales person comes up to the customer right after they make the decision to buy...they do the pitch..and then the customre has to start over...doesn't work with other stuff, acutal objects they will still pick up and go, after the sales pitch...so i'm losing business becuase of this, or can't have a sales person except the playable sims so that i can time the sales pitch properly...ugh...if someone could find a fix for this, that woudl ROCK!

Karen

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: 2006 March 27, 05:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still wondering how the heck I'm supposed to move the cleanbots out to display in my robotics shop after I've made them.  I go into buy mode and can't click on them to move.  I go into inventory mode and no dice.  I use the move_objects cheat and I can move it, but once I'm done there's no interaction with the item; can't set a price or activate it or anything.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  I only make a single one of these at a time because they're time-consuming to make and I know they're not going to fly off the shelves.   Huh

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2006 March 27, 05:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you grabbing them from their bottom base or the robot part that sits on top? I believe you have to grab the base IIRC, though I don't think anything in the game ever explicitly states that. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2006 March 27, 05:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

on the cleanbots i noticed you have to grab the stand that they are in...that seems to work, and that is what you click on to make them sellable, not the robot itself...kinda like the the plates and food.

K

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: 2006 March 27, 06:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh I didn't realize that these things had bases.  Maybe I'll zoom in next time and see if that works.  Gracias.   Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: 2006 March 27, 06:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That behavior applies only for employees. (and cashiers).  I wish we could do the same for our controlled sims.  I'd love a "sales" and a "stock" function.  It's extremely annoying to micro-manage.  I'm hoping that JM will come out with one of his famous macro's soon.

I have only been playing home based businesses.  I just think they are more realistic.  Otherwise they just work in some kind of time warp. But I'll admit that it does sound easier to run a community business.  But I hate the loading time!

yeahhh-this is one of my big pet peeves right now too. you use family to try to keep the "overhead" down in your business, but then you have to click on each and every customer to do sales. that drives me batty.  There should be an option to assign a family member to do sales and restocking automatically-like employees

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2006 March 27, 07:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a five hour warning since NL came out.  It could be a hack conflict for all I know.  But I've gotten so used to it that I've never tried to fix it.

Same here. I haven't the warning since NL.

Go Away
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: 2006 March 27, 11:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That behavior applies only for employees. (and cashiers).  I wish we could do the same for our controlled sims.  I'd love a "sales" and a "stock" function.  It's extremely annoying to micro-manage.  I'm hoping that JM will come out with one of his famous macro's soon.

I have only been playing home based businesses.  I just think they are more realistic.  Otherwise they just work in some kind of time warp. But I'll admit that it does sound easier to run a community business.  But I hate the loading time!

yeahhh-this is one of my big pet peeves right now too. you use family to try to keep the "overhead" down in your business, but then you have to click on each and every customer to do sales. that drives me batty.  There should be an option to assign a family member to do sales and restocking automatically-like employees

You can click on a sim and set them to restock (yoga, meditate,restock!).  You can also set a sim to "Be cashier" by clicking on the till.  "Ring up these customers" frees them up when the queue has gone.  Then you only have to handle the sales individually.  Do you really want that automated?   It'll go better if you choose who they target and what kind of sell they do.

Yes the lots work in a timewarp. It is odd. Dad can go to the shop before breakfast and spend days there using the energizer but still get home in time to catch his ride to work!

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: 2006 March 27, 17:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a glitch.  An unfinished painting cannot be finished if your Sim leaves it on the business lot and comes back to try and finish it later.   I've lost a half-finished masterpiece that way.  I think it happened with an unfinished pic left on the home lot, but I can't actually swear to it   Embarrassed

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2006 March 27, 17:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is a glitch relating to instantiation object IDs vs. NIDs: The "Artist" of a picture is stored by object ID, which will naturally change on a business lot since when you leave, all sims are de-instanced, and respawned when you reenter. The same thing would happen on a home lot if you deleted a sim, forcing it to respawn by the mailbox, and it wound up with a different object ID.

Changing how this works, however, would break every existing painting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2006 March 27, 19:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is by design that sims wear their planned formal wear for getting married in OFB.
What's the reasoning for this?
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2006 March 27, 19:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is by design that sims wear their planned formal wear for getting married in OFB.
What's the reasoning for this?

Probably because so many people complained that the default Maxis wedding gear was boring and made everybody's weddings look the same.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2006 March 27, 19:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's gonna be a pain in the ass to replan outfits before and after every wedding. But so be it I guess. Sims look pretty stupid getting married in a cocktail dress.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2006 March 27, 20:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.pronupsims.fr.st/

Pronup Sims is your new friend.

Note: This website doesn't appear to work in Firefox anymore.  Sad
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2006 March 27, 20:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm. Thanks. Maybe this will be fun after all.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: 2006 March 27, 22:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is a glitch relating to instantiation object IDs vs. NIDs: The "Artist" of a picture is stored by object ID, which will naturally change on a business lot since when you leave, all sims are de-instanced, and respawned when you reenter. The same thing would happen on a home lot if you deleted a sim, forcing it to respawn by the mailbox, and it wound up with a different object ID.

Changing how this works, however, would break every existing painting.

Rats!
OK, if I put it in my sim's inventory and take it home with me will it be OK then?  If the artist is being referenced by a different number on the home and business lot, I guess it won't help.

So if I sell paintings by famous artist Sim Picasso in my business, they won't go up in value when he dies, because the game can't tell that he painted it.  Rats again!

I guess I've gotta find my avatar again....

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2006 March 27, 23:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, it is. You can have gothic weddings and everything now.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: