More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 23:10:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post problems you've noticed,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post problems you've noticed,  (Read 137947 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Post problems you've noticed,
« Reply #250 on: 2006 March 15, 21:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With a playable stylist? Yes, I've done it. Gave some elder townie the Fabio hair too. lol

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2006 March 15, 22:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you did have a restock option at home lots. Click on sim and choose restock. Sales is the only assignable task that is missing on home lots - at least for me anyway.

Has anyone been able to give a guy a makeover in the salon chair and have options show up? I have done it several times now and I dont get any options, they just get a "haircut". (the stylist has gold badges so that isnt the issue and it works fine on females)

yes i've done it several times too....i now have some very interesting looking sims  Grin, i gave Komei Tellerman a new receding hairline hairstyle and some custom eyebrows
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2006 March 15, 22:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple of glitches with sims jumping out of the carpool and appearning to the side of the house.  First time it happened two teens were coming home from school.  First teen got off the bus and TJ's Bring Friend Home dialog popped up.  I clicked Okay because the guy this teen wanted to bring home was the other teen's boyfriend.  After a few seconds the second teen teleports right next to the house with no homework.

Second time it happened the teen was at their job.  I got a chance card that got them a promotion and the carpool was coming back the drop him off, but when it got there he teleported next to the house like the other teen did and didn't get paid for his day at work.  But he still got the promotion and won the scholarship for reaching the top of a teen career.

Not sure if these are isolated incidents are what.  For what its worth I moved this family out of the main part of Pleasantview and into that big unoccupied house in Bluewater.  (it costs around $77k I think).  Next time I play there I'll turn testingcheats on and see if I get any errors.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2006 March 16, 07:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really a bug, per se, but a bit of a warning for anyone playing romance/pleasure sims: Don't take your dates to community lots that have have the ticket machine. Your date will waste all of your time trying to decide if he/she want's to buy a ticket or not.  Roll Eyes

Instant gratification takes too long.
Ashman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2006 March 17, 01:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this problem too and it bothered me very much until I found a cure : change appearance at the mirror (even if you don't really change a thing, simply accept the change (don't click on the X))
It seems to be necessary for every CAS sim after you created them and for every sim each time they change fitness level (from fit to fat for example and the other way around).
Hope it works in your game the same way as in mine
Pioupiou
Yeah, I'd been using changing appearance mirrors as a workaround, but didn't know that changing fitness levels retriggered the bug... thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2006 March 17, 01:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually you can rehire them but not if you have Pescado's no lame hires hack, you have to take it out because it prevents re-hiring them.
This should be fixed in the current version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Stephsim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2006 March 17, 02:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem that seems to be related to the baking glitch - my sims now cannot make any food at all, whether it is have/serve meal or make/make many, whether it is spaghetti or pie. They will go through the process of making fine but when it's supposed to be finshed it just disappears into thin air. They have to rely on snacks or me cheating so they dont starve to death. It has happened  on every lot I have played since installing OFB, even without hacks in. 
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2006 March 17, 05:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you selecting "make one/make many" or "serve" or "have breakfast?"

The first two options are strictly for bakeries. They go straight to your simmies inventory. The other ones should work like normal.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2006 March 17, 06:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem that seems to be related to the baking glitch - my sims now cannot make any food at all, whether it is have/serve meal or make/make many, whether it is spaghetti or pie. They will go through the process of making fine but when it's supposed to be finshed it just disappears into thin air. They have to rely on snacks or me cheating so they dont starve to death. It has happened  on every lot I have played since installing OFB, even without hacks in. 

For me, 'smart serve' was causing that issue because nobody was hungry.  Tongue

Stephsim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2006 March 17, 08:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jelenedra and Radiophonic:

It was happening even when I clicked "have...." and "serve....." pie menus

The sim was clearly hungry and was still happening without any hacks. (sorry if my inital post wasnt clear)

The weird thing is, I went back and played it a bit since my post to try and figure out what was wrong and it has seemed to fixed itself!  Oh well as long as it doesnt come back again I dont mind  Tongue

Thanks for trying to help me  Smiley
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2006 March 17, 09:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be having a problem with weddings.  I was pretty pissed off when I realised that community lot weddings ain't going to happen any more, so last night I threw a normal house wedding party for an engaged couple I have.  Everything went fine until they got into the honeymoon limo.  It just stayed put and they didn't come out.  In the end I had to delete the limo.  Then I went into another lot and held another wedding party for another couple.  Exact same thing happened.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2006 March 17, 17:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be having a problem with weddings.  I was pretty pissed off when I realised that community lot weddings ain't going to happen any more, so last night I threw a normal house wedding party for an engaged couple I have.  Everything went fine until they got into the honeymoon limo.  It just stayed put and they didn't come out.  In the end I had to delete the limo.  Then I went into another lot and held another wedding party for another couple.  Exact same thing happened.

That was happening well before Open For Business. I believe that particular bug was introduced in NightLife. However, it may be worse now since my SS kids are having messed up limo trips to the SS lot as well.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2006 March 17, 18:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, the most annoying issue I have is that I can no longer interact with the cow mascot to kick it's butt or influence it do clean my dorm.  Angry

JM help us!  Cheesy

EDIT: Oh, look at me, I'm toopid. I was missing inerractwithoutgreet. Prepare for butt kicking, Cow.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 24, 23:53:06 by radiophonic » Logged

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: 2006 March 24, 11:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are we still posting problems here?  Seems a better idea than lots of separate threads.. but I don't want to be accused of necromancy again....

I've noticed that some items in OFB are not the same as in base game, but the base game objects on lots were not updated during the OFB install.  That sounds like a potential problem to me.  Maybe I'm just a worrier, but lots not being updated properly in a patch did cause the bug that killed Happy Valley.  And the new example is OFB and the RenuSensorOrb(Sp?) on lots (fixed in patch).   Here's what I noticed when converting my community lots to OFB businesses....  (I've added OFB to base game - no Uni or NL)

I noticed the pool lights had the same name in the Catalog, but were at a different height in the pool, so I'm deleting old pool lights and putting the new ones in just in case.  I remember there was some problem with pool lights in NL.  I didn't pay enough attention to remember what though.

When I went to redesign my Farmers Market as an OFB business, I couldn't understand why it was so expensive!  Luckily I noticed that the food cabinet used to cost 5000$ and now costs much less (1,500?).  I sold 6 old cabinets and replaced them with 2 new ones for a big saving on the lot price!  I guess that could be that the lot stores the value of the item separate from the sale price in the OFB package file.  If so, that's worth knowing, but isn't a real problem.

Any other items worth replacing?

I know 2 simmers who could never get their old 'hoods to run properly with NL.  We never worked out why and they both uninstalled it.  I'm wondering if this kind of thing might have been the problem.

update - I also notice Spambi posting on the OFB patch thread that a sim played the piano for 4 hours with no fun.  Replacing the piano fixed the problem.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2006 March 24, 23:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I went to redesign my Farmers Market as an OFB business, I couldn't understand why it was so expensive!  Luckily I noticed that the food cabinet used to cost 5000$ and now costs much less (1,500?).  I sold 6 old cabinets and replaced them with 2 new ones for a big saving on the lot price!  I guess that could be that the lot stores the value of the item separate from the sale price in the OFB package file.  If so, that's worth knowing, but isn't a real problem.

... So THAT'S why the tiny gas station I made on a 1x3 lot when NL came out costs something like 67K to purchase! Good lord.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2006 March 24, 23:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

update - I also notice Spambi posting on the OFB patch thread that a sim played the piano for 4 hours with no fun.  Replacing the piano fixed the problem.
That bug has never been fixed. The piano will corrupt itself and stop being fun again in a day or so. Get the pianofix and all pianos will be cured.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2006 March 24, 23:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well all Maxis ones anyhow. Unfortunately, all the custom ones I have come across cloned off the pianos with this problem.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: 2006 March 25, 11:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That bug has never been fixed. The piano will corrupt itself and stop being fun again in a day or so. Get the pianofix and all pianos will be cured.
OK will do, but any comment on my own observations?  Anything that needed conversion and didn't get it  is a potential problem in my book!

I made a new 2x2 lot last night and it came out a lot cheaper than the old 3x2 ones I converted even though it had more items.  I suspect the calculation of lot value is screwy. I guess I should rebuild an old lot and test that.

I'm also having terraintype problems again.  this goes way back to the first time I tried to put a green lot into strangetown and change the colour.  It just didn't work.  Whatever I tried the neighbourhood view looked fine, but the lot view had the wrong terrain type.  Other lots in the hood were fine.  Yesterday I installed a lot in one hood and converted it to an OFB business.  No problems with terrain type though it could have been one of these problem lots.  Moved it to another hood - looked fine in Neighbourhood view.  Had a sim buy it - it was white!  Bugger!  Entered boolprop terraintype temperate - no joy - did it again with capital letters - no joy.  Played  he lot anyway and saved.  Made a completely new 2x2 lot.  Perfectly normal.  Played it and it was white too.  WTF?   

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2006 March 25, 11:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a new 2x2 lot last night and it came out a lot cheaper than the old 3x2 ones I converted even though it had more items.  I suspect the calculation of lot value is screwy. I guess I should rebuild an old lot and test that.

I'm also having terraintype problems again.  this goes way back to the first time I tried to put a green lot into strangetown and change the colour.  It just didn't work.  Whatever I tried the neighbourhood view looked fine, but the lot view had the wrong terrain type.  Other lots in the hood were fine.  Yesterday I installed a lot in one hood and converted it to an OFB business.  No problems with terrain type though it could have been one of these problem lots.  Moved it to another hood - looked fine in Neighbourhood view.  Had a sim buy it - it was white!  Bugger!  Entered boolprop terraintype temperate - no joy - did it again with capital letters - no joy.  Played  he lot anyway and saved.  Made a completely new 2x2 lot.  Perfectly normal.  Played it and it was white too.  WTF?
All available evidence suggests that this is a Cwykes problem, and is certainly outside the scope of general hacking.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: 2006 March 25, 14:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That figures!  but thanks anyway!

That food cabinet and the pool lights are definitely different though.  I'll replace them as and when I find them, but I'm still wondering whether there are other objects I ought to replace.  It really doesn't seem terribly clever to have old versions of an object left in my game.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 25, 14:55:17 by cwykes » Logged

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2006 March 25, 14:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you ever use one of those snow terrains? You could have a part left or it snuck if from a house.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2006 March 25, 15:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never had snow anywhere, but thanks for the idea. I did use maxis terrain paints on the lots to make well trodden paths and greener grass, I even used maxis sand to cover up the grass. I've had the odd foreign terrain paint creep in with a download of course but not on those lots.  I can't see how a brand new lot got corrupted.  Is that what bad terrain paints do to a hood?  Misuse of boolprop terrainpaint was my best guess at the problem.  I'll see if anything got fixed by shutdown restart when I start my game today.

Update - shut down restart didn't fix it, but picking up and putting down fixed the new lot.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 26, 07:48:51 by cwykes » Logged

jdanddpt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2006 March 25, 21:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Among other appalling errors...
So far, in every wedding since installing OFB, the bride & groom do not dress for the occasion. (no wedding gown & tux, even w/ wedding party under the arch)

I understand there are hacks out there that do this intentionally.  I don't use them.  Never have.  Wedding gown & tux worked properly till OFB.

Anyone else notice this?
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2006 March 25, 22:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is by design that sims wear their planned formal wear for getting married in OFB. I'm sure there are places to download the defaults so you can use them again, but you will have to plan them as the formal wear for the sims getting married before the wedding.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2006 March 25, 22:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Maxis outfits for A, YA & E file that comes with the Clothing Equality Mod in Peasantry does enable the Maxis default wedding clothes to show up in the game as buyable formal so you can still use them that way if you want. I'm not sure why Maxis didn't do this since I'm sure some people would still like to use them.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 25, 23:17:39 by Motoki » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: