More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 18:49:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post problems you've noticed,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post problems you've noticed,  (Read 138285 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Post problems you've noticed,
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 05, 22:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could use the divide and conquer method -- take out HALF of your hacks, leave the other half in, see if you still have the problem. If you do, it's one of the hacks you left in. If you don't, it's one of the hacks you took out. Repeat with the group that appears to contain the problem, until you have a small enough group of possibly-problem hacks that you are willing to move to swapping them out one at a time. It isn't a flawless method, as there are issues it won't catch (more than one problem hack, or a problem which is actually a conflict between two hacks), but it's reasonable and it's faster than going one-at-a-time from the start.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 05, 22:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki,

If you create the hacks.txt file, I'll scan it for you. I've already got the needed file.

Open a command prompt window, navigate to your downloads folder, then type this:

dir/s/b *.package > hacks.txt

Upload the hacks.txt file that's created and I'll scan it.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 05, 22:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it would be hard to recreate seeing as community lot show ups are very random, and how dangerous it is for a sim to leave their house knowing they might never come back from the community lot.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2006 March 05, 22:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it would be hard to recreate seeing as community lot show ups are very random, and how dangerous it is for a sim to leave their house knowing they might never come back from the community lot.

The problem that Motoki is talking about testing is about Servo appearing on residential lots as a visitor.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 March 05, 22:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem that Motoki is talking about testing is about Servo appearing on residential lots as a visitor.

Lil Brudder is talking to me. Read the whole thread before posting thanks.

Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2006 March 05, 22:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played the game too much so far, but, I have noticed a few things that are annoyances.  I have started only one business so far, a home based flower shop.  Someone already mentioned customers getting pissed when an employee tries to assist them.  This has been a real problem for me so far.  When I noticed that cutomers were getting pissed I assigned my employee a different task, but the customers were still complaining.  I am having a really hard time determing what exactly the customers are complaining about.  Either the business owner or employee's face shows up in the customers thought bubble with an 'x' over it.  It seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of situation.

One of my biggest annoyances has to do with the damn lockable doors.  I have put a front and back door to the business that anyone can access.  The store part of the lot has potties, comfy chairs, a buffet that I always keep full, and a radio.  Eventhough I have all the comforts a customer may need in the store, they always want to go through the doors that lead to the owner's home.  I have these locked to let only family and employees enter.  The customers will scream and bitch incessantly for hours because they cannot go into the house.

I also have a problem with customers not leaving.  They will buy things and then start dancing to the shopping music on the stereo, pillowfighting, kickybagging and outhanging.  When I finally get tired of them and have my sim 'say goodbye - to everyone' , they get pissed and my business rating takes a hit.   I think next time I play, I am going to try that ticket machine and see if that cuts down on the loitering.

Have any of you noticed that your sims seem to be obsessed with the toy brick?  Mine will stop running the store to go pet the damn brick.  It was kinda funny the first time, but now it  is a real pain in the patoot.  If I can't find one of my sims, they are usually in the yard, teaching the brick tricks.  Damn free will.  I always play with free will on unless I am trying to orchestrate something special like a wedding or b-day party.  It just seems to me that free will has become more of a nuisance than it was before OFB.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 March 05, 22:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Lil Brudder. Putting up deeds had crossed my mind but I wondered which sims would have that kind of money. Agree too that you wouldn't want your playable sims really buying property. I'm not sure that the game could handle it. I have some deeds still in my inventory from past business adventures. Can I sell those? Guess not if I don't truly own them.

I might give this one a miss and get into clothing or something as simple.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 March 05, 22:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with the doors not locking at all.  I have a home business (assorted stuff) in the garage.  I locked all doors to the house to allow only family and employees.  The first few customers into the store will walk in the house front door, through the house and into the garage.  If they enter the garage sometimes they can and sometimes they can't enter the house.  No one has complained about the door being locked at all.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 March 05, 22:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BetsyJayne,

I have decided to just accept the grumpy customers, the ones where it seems that you can't win. I have taken to deleting them too with 'moveobjects on' if they piss me enough.

I hate how customers buy things then treat your shop as the social hub of the neighbourhood. I find that an individual goodbye is better than a group goodbye. Don't know why.

Also, I put in a coffee/barista machine in my furniture store and my playable sim became obsessed with it. Every free moment she either making herself one or lining up to be served. Shitted me to tears! I am thinking No Free will sounds good.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 March 05, 22:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would use the phone to select Real Estate.../Sell Real Estate and that way, you know its gone for good.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 March 05, 22:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only locked the doors in my shop that lead to the "back of house" areas where I keep my workbenches and florist units etc. No one has ever tried to go in there. So far, circulation hasn't been a problem. I haven't had people getting in the way of others etc but then I haven't played a home business either.

Has anyone noticed that when you assign a manager to look after the business, they just seem to tidy up all the time? even if customers are waiting to be served? And how come your staff don't autonomously ask "May I help you?" to the lost losers who come in it seems at the most unopportune time.

Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 March 05, 22:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would use the phone to select Real Estate.../Sell Real Estate and that way, you know its gone for good.

That is what I have done but still the deeds are in my inventory. I haven't looked at them to see what they will do.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 March 05, 22:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to assign managers yet.  My employees are too stupid.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 March 05, 23:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know this until I got the guide, but you can only assign managers on a community lot business and not on a home business.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 March 05, 23:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki, I didn't know that either.

Also, does it say anything about employees quitting in the manual? I had a really good employee who I overpaid but everytime I assigned her a task that she didn't have badges in she quit. Is that normal? I re-hired her but it happened again. I wanted her to stocktake, she didn't have a badge in it and it all just turned pear shaped after that.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 March 05, 23:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just says the might quit if they are overworked or underpaid. You can kind of tell their mood by the color of the bubble above them. If it starts to get red give them a break or send them home. Just assigning them to something they don't have experience in shouldn't make them made, they just won't be as good at it.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 March 05, 23:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re: hack causing conflicts with servo as a guest on lots.

I figured out Pescado's program, couldn't find any reference to Bcon 7F01EC29 though.

Anyway, I narrowed it down a bit and it's definitely something of Pescado's causing the problem because I took out all custom content and the problem went away, then I just put back in the directory with only Pescado's hacks and the problem came back. Here's the list of the ones I am using. Supposedly, they are all kosher and the most up to date versions. Most come from the new OFB moreawesomethanyou pack.

*edit: It seems to be lesswhiny. I just need to go through and try everything else without lesswhiny and make sure nothing else is also causing the same problem.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 06, 00:07:26 by Motoki » Logged

Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 March 05, 23:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought dailygardener was a no no. There are always problems with that one and phone related hacks with every expansion pack it seems.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 March 05, 23:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought dailygardener was a no no. There are always problems with that one and phone related hacks with every expansion pack it seems.

I just took dailygardener out of that list I updated above but had the rest in and no dice, I still get the problem. I'll keep at it.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 March 05, 23:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darkstormeye - when you leave your sim on a community lot and exit your game, you have to return to that lot when you reload to send him back home.  It's a pain in the you know what, but ther it is!

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 March 05, 23:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zeph, thats the odd thing. It wouldn't let me play the community lot to send my sim back home. I only had the build option. No play lot option.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 March 05, 23:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's really wierd, when it tells you when you exit that you will have to do that!  Guess they left a bit of the program out!

I think I have daily gardener in, though as yet no sims can afford any kind of gardener, nor do they have anything to water or trim!  But if it was causing a conflict, I think it would do it even if you hadn't actually used it, wouldn;t it?

Zephyr Zodiac
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2006 March 06, 00:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, Motoki, less whiny is the culprit. I'll let Pescado know.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 March 06, 00:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I just confirmed that myself too. Ran with no custom content but less whiny, had the problem with servo as a guest. Ran with all my hacks but lesswhiny, didn't have it.

That's a shame too because I consider it one of the essentials. I know Inge has a similar variant of less moaning or some such thing but I haven't tried it with OFB yet.

I suppose he should take it out of the OFB moreawesomethanyou pack for the time being and anyone who has it and intends to ever invite a servo over as a guest should probably get rid of it.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 March 06, 00:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, Motoki, less whiny is the culprit. I'll let Pescado know.

Would less whiny also conflict with the salon chairs issue that no customers seem to want to use too?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: