More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 23:21:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post problems you've noticed,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post problems you've noticed,  (Read 138228 times)
t r a c y
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: Post problems you've noticed,
« Reply #200 on: 2006 March 13, 20:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no community lot weddings ? well a big WTF to that.  i never have my sims marry at home, they always marry in a really cute chapel i built.   thanks a lot maxis,yeesh.

i'd love it if someone found a way to hide all the maxis items in both the clothing and the buy mode catalogues.  never use any of it, can't stand to look at it.

re: my previous door placing prob - just installed all my custom content and everything is fine, door-wise.

if you can't be a good example you'll just have to be a horrible warning
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2006 March 13, 20:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Motoki did find a way to hide the maxis elder clothes so it is possible.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2006 March 13, 20:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's easy enough to do if a bit tedious, unless there's a batch way to do it that I don't know about. It's just a matter of changing the flag value in the property set to 9.

The order the items are organized in should normally be base game, then each expansion pack in the order it was released then custom stuff. I think these 'uniforms' and mascot outfits have a different flag though. The Christmas pack seems to as well.

I'll probably get around to doing at least a Mascot hide file since those outfits are ugly and ridiculous for the most part and I have no intention of ever using them.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2006 March 13, 20:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you dont really think there is a way to resort the catalog? No values for flags or something that can be tweaked to make them go to the back?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2006 March 13, 20:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh sure it can probably be done, I even managed to get custom stuff to sort as base game, or uni etc. I think it would change some things though, like aren't some of those outfits only available via assign uniform and not through buying, or am I wrong on that? I'll have to look again when I get home.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2006 March 13, 20:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just wondering because I really dont want to get rid of anything, but I too am annoyed that those crazy things are up front in the catalog. I share my game with another and she might not like it too much if I remove her options.

I dont recall not seeing the same outfits I can assign with "assign uniform" in cas....I could be wrong however.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2006 March 13, 20:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could be right. I'm kind of assuming there's some reason they sorted the uniforms separately from the new OFB clothes and hair, but then again this Maxis so who knows. Tongue

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2006 March 13, 20:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That does sound rather tedious though, you have to reassign each and every peice of clothing? (that you want moved) IF thats the case, you are a very patient person! (elder mod)

I guess it wouldnt be so bad with the goofy hats and informs since there really isnt all that many, I dont think...I will have to look at them tonight then I guess...unless a very patient person comes along and figures it out.  Grin
« Last Edit: 2006 March 13, 22:35:23 by nectere » Logged
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2006 March 13, 22:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sort order in my game is always

XP3 - XP2 - XP1 - Xmas pack - base game

"hidden" outfits show up at the end of their section, so the XP1 uni career outfits are shown just before the Santa suit.

Motoki, how do you make custom clothes work like default clothes? If there is away to do that, townies would use them...

And yeah the catalog sorting is painful, since SimPE doesn't do macros. That's why I didn't continue my 'ugly uniform hiding project' -- there's over a hundred files involved!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2006 March 13, 22:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and WHY do you have to hide the fugly uniforms? Maxis townie generation. I have already gotten a townie with the gorilla suit.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2006 March 13, 22:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh because they are fugly.  Grin But I suppose if you play like Pescado and like fugly sims those outfits would work well for you. Wink

It's possible to change a custom outfit to recategorize like a base game or EP outfit. The custom ones have a zero in one of the values while the base game has 1, university has 2, nl 3, OFB is I assume 4 (haven't checked), no idea what the Christmas pack is but I am guessing 1 and that it's just sorts later because of a later file date, order or name. *shrug*

twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2006 March 13, 22:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One particular problem has come up I have not yet seen mentioned, the smartmilk object won't work.  When I click on mom sim to make smart milk, she is in gold asp, the pic comes up in queue and immediately gets replaced with hold "name of baby".  I have tried with all members of household several times but same response.  I have several hacks, mostly JMP's of course.  Off hand, are there any hacks which could cause this.  I have used all the same hacks pre OFB and never caused this problem b4.  Any suggestion would be great.  **If need list I will add**

Also very annoying is the fact there is absolutely no way to make single serving dishes with out the process of making / serving / and quickly putting into one's inventory, very time consuming.  Also when assigning an employee sim to make anything, there is no way for them to make one only.  They keep making many until you unassign them which takes several queued actions and my owner can't do anything until assigned sim stops.

It would be awesome too if there was a way you could have a new pie menu with options of making 5 of one, 5 of another.  Most business can at least assume you are going to need certain quantities of each item you are selling.  Just a wish of mine.

Thanks

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2006 March 13, 23:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do you have no smart milk drag by Pescado? It stops sims from going to get the baby (even if only a few tiles away) before making the smart milk. I havent had any issue with it yet, even my servo can make it although he cant train the skills.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: 2006 March 13, 23:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re- community weddings.  Is the problem just with making a new lot, or have existing community wedding lots stopped working as well?  The original post was from someone making a new one who had used lotzoning to change the lot to residential and couldn't place the arch.  I wondered if it was lotzoning that was messed up rather than the arch...

Motoki - I would love to hide all the maxis hats - I have about 4 sims out of all my hoods who wear hats.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2006 March 13, 23:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Motoki, if you can hide clothes and hair...is it possible to hide objects from the catalogue and have them exist solely in collection folders? I would def spend all my free time fixing this issue in a heart beat if it is even possible (and I knew how).
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2006 March 13, 23:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do you have no smart milk drag by Pescado? It stops sims from going to get the baby (even if only a few tiles away) before making the smart milk. I havent had any issue with it yet, even my servo can make it although he cant train the skills.

No I don't have that hack.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2006 March 14, 00:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got OFB last Friday and been playing all weekend.  Haven't noticed too many things yet.  I've even had my sims driving to their community lot bussiness with their owned cars.  But I kinda feel like I'm playing with fire by doing that, so I've made sure there are lot debuggers on every lot.

A couple of things I have noticed though.  Macro/Caffienate doesn't seem to work for managers.  I had one who was low on energy, and when I had her use that she just stood in front of the expreso machine doing nothing.  I tried canceling the command but it wouldn't drop from the que immediatly.  She stood there for a few more seconds before she became controlable.

Another thing I noticed was a problem with one of the new dinning tables that came with OFB.  Whenever I que up some commands for my sims they will stand up and get stuck inside the table.  I think I've read other threads about this, but I'm not sure if its specific to this certain table.  The only time I've seen it happen was in the Ramirez house.  (One of the new pre-made families in Bluewater).

As far as teen shoplifters go I haven't seen that yet.  But I've been using TJ's visitor controler.  And it completely kills the curfew that teens have.  So that might be why.

@ ZephyrZodiac about Lilith moving in with the Oldies and bringing an obscene amount of money with her. 

Were the Oldies living in downtown or Bluewater while Lilith was living in Pleasantview?  I've had a lot of Propose/Move ins happen like this.  It seems to only happen when the sim you ask to move in lives in the base hood and you live in a sub-hood or vise versa.  I'm pretty sure someone said this was a known bug when I posted about it.  I'll have to dig up that thread.

I haven't even played any Uni lots since installing OFB.  Can't wait to see what, if anything, is screwed up there...
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2006 March 14, 00:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the thread on the rich move-ins.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=780.0
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2006 March 14, 00:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trepie <swoon>,

I've played a sim through Uni with Bluewater as the commercial district.  Uni sims can buy a business lot and go to Bluewater and run it.  They cannot start a home business (atleast not in a dorm).  I don't think they can from a greek house either.  But I could be wrong.  I've deleted that neighbourhood now, as it was experimental.

PS: Trepie you've got a growing fan club.  See: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3469.msg100594#msg100594 Roll Eyes

happy now :-)
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2006 March 14, 01:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*blush*

Gee, and I didn't even spend that much time creating him.  I just grabed a sim out of the Uni CAS Sim Bin and altered him for my own use.  I didn't even try all that hard to make him look exactly like me.  I'm sure I could tweak the facial features if I wanted too.  But I agree with a few others in that thread.  Super realistic sims kind of freak me out.  I've no problems with them looking cartoony.  In fact I perfer it.

Rest assured that the red hair and facial hair are realistic though.  The eyes are somewhat realistic (there's no hazel eyes, at least without cc.)

Edit:  You had a YA buy a community lot?   Shocked  Were they loaded up with scholarships?   Smiley

I can see how a home business would be nice for a YA living on a residental lot in Uni though.  And I can see how one wouldn't work in a dorm.  I couldn't tell you if they worked for greek houses though.  I've never had much experience with them.  Guess they never appealed to me.  That and the fact that they would "Visit Campus" like 50 times a day and fill the lot up with pizza boxes annoyed me to no end...
« Last Edit: 2006 March 14, 01:12:04 by Trepie » Logged
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2006 March 14, 01:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One particular problem has come up I have not yet seen mentioned, the smartmilk object won't work.  When I click on mom sim to make smart milk, she is in gold asp, the pic comes up in queue and immediately gets replaced with hold "name of baby".  I have tried with all members of household several times but same response.  I have several hacks, mostly JMP's of course. 

thats normal, it has always been like that, they go and get the toddler and then fix the smartmilk.

if you get JMs "nosmartmilkdrag" hack, your sims will make the smartmilk and take it to the toddler.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2006 March 14, 05:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: Trepie
Edit:  You had a YA buy a community lot?     Were they loaded up with scholarships? 

Nope: When I was testing out OFB,  I made all the sims in Sim State Uni into townies.  When my playable sim pledged former Tri Var and Urele Ore Cham house members into his new Greek House, they brought literally a shop load of stock in their inventories.  So I experimented with Tiffany Sampson (former Tri Var).  She had already maxed her study bar for the semester, so it gave me a chance to play her.  She got the business up to level 3 by the end of her first year.  She did have to study for the second trimester, so I stopped sending her to Bluewater. 

I found it challenging - and fun.  I plan on doing the same again when I play my real neighbourhood.

Greek Houses are the best way to play Uni if you don't want to die a death waiting for sims to graduate.  If you play the game right, sims bring back much more than pizza.  Get your sim to be the 'big sim on campus' and start to reap those rewards;  These include barbecues, desks, pianos, bubbleblowers, radio controlled cars, sofas, armchairs, tvs and much more.  These are brought in  a black dustbin sack, so if you see your sim walking back with them, don't interfere until they've placed the bag down;  it transforms into the reward object.

happy now :-)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Re: Post problems you've noticed
« Reply #222 on: 2006 March 14, 08:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two more problems noted today:

1) Sim had a home business and one employee. Sim dies of old age and is the only one living on the lot, so naturally, the home business is defunct.

I switch to play the employee. The employee has want to "resurrect Sim" who died but still has his employee job working 9-5, and still goes to work everyday. Where is he driving off to?

2) Sim has a nightclub venue. Bought the DJ station. He hired a Sim to be the DJ, but assigning DJ to the employee doesn't work. No assignment is made or when clicking on the DJ station, it drops out of queue. The employee Sim is a teenager, but I don't think that should make any difference, especially since the option to assign as DJ is presented. So it appears the only one who can work as the DJ is the owner.

Edited to add: Layed off teenage employee and hired an adult, who was able to be the DJ. So maybe teenagers can't work the DJ station?
« Last Edit: 2006 March 14, 10:00:55 by Pegasys » Logged

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2006 March 14, 13:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I went to play Brandi Broke last night it said she had a job as an employee but her pay was zero. I have no idea where she works because it doesnt tell me so trying to figure that out so I can have her pay raised is a bit problematic. I had a her quit her job instead.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2006 March 14, 14:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that once a playable sim is hired as an employee, they will stay an "employee" until you make them quit. Even if the business is sold or the owner dies and does not pass it on. I think this is a 'feature' so the sim still has a job even if the playable owner sells the store. I guess it's better if you know you are going to sell a business or the owner is going to drop dead and not pass it on to lay off the workers.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: