More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 23:54:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post problems you've noticed,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post problems you've noticed,  (Read 138231 times)
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
Post problems you've noticed,
« on: 2006 March 04, 09:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this'll be the unofficial thread of posting annoyances and glitches.

Things in OFB that annoy me, but aren't because of a glitch:
1. Children now leave at 6 P.M. when they come over to visit.
2. Teen/adults/elder all have a obsessive fascination with dancing with children (Though I find this somewhat cute, but still annoying).
3. Building materials do not automatically go to the shelf, instead you must have them restocked. This pisses off customers because the restocker gets in the way.

Things that annoy me because they are glitches:
1. Toddler will not turn around if sim wants to pick him/her up, resulting in querie destruction, and it being very difficult to pick up tollders in a small room.

2. Customers have a negative response, no mattter what, for certain sims. Maxing out -everything- (including interest) still results in the same negative results.

3. Customers have a obsession with toys (FIRE TRUCKS), and ignore everything else in the store.

4. Inge's noautonomous fridge doesn't work! (I know this doesn't count, but damn, you really miss that hack once your sims start burning, I mean COOKING for themselves again, to your horror.

It's 3 in the morning. I'll think of somemore later.

NEXT!

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
Re: Post problems you've noticed,
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 04, 09:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My customers don't have an obsession with fire trucks.

Just to let you know.

Go Away
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 04, 12:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

err...kids always left at 6 PM. Is it just me, or can teens stay later now though?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 04, 13:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could that be because you don't stock that line?  Roll Eyes

Can I just say that OFB survives remarkably well on the NL edition of the FFS Director's Cut?

I cleaned out my FFS subfolder of downloads, dragging the unsafe hacks to a new unsafe hacks sub-folder ... then like the total dummy I am I got carried away in my childish keenness to see OFB in action so I installed and loaded up with actually dragging the unsafe hacks folder off to the desktop or some other limbo. I began to get suspicious when I noticed that my Authorised Personnel consoles still had menus ...   Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 04, 20:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

err...kids always left at 6 PM. Is it just me, or can teens stay later now though?

It used to be that kids left at 8PM I think.  Or rather, if they stayed too late a parent would come looking for them (if they had a playable family) or they would excuse themselves if a townie.

That all changed in NL.  Now they leave at 6PM, no exceptions.

This has led to two very annoying situations:

1.  Kid birthday parties can't be held on an evening after the 6PM age rollover because other kid-age guests will immediately leave the lot after coming over via the invite.  The only option here is too wait until the next day.  If its a weekend, that's great.  If not (as is usually the case) you're essentially screwed because parents often aren't home from work and by the time they get home you usually have a scant hour or two before it turns 6PM and all the kids leave the lot again (sending party scores plummeting).

2. Kids can't be invited over period even if their parents are present.  I had a situation where the grandparents invited over a group that consisted of their son, daughter-in-law, and grandson.  I wanted them all to have dinner together.  The moment the grandparents greeted their grandson he hurried off the lot because it was after 7PM, and he needed to go home.  No time to get him into a casual group so that he would stick around.  Pretty ridiculous since he was leaving his entire immediate and extended family behind and going home to a theoretically empty house.

Angry

There should be game logic that prevents these kinds of situations from happening.

JMP are you reading this?  Perhaps a hack is in order???
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 04, 21:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Offering a customer a makeover (for pay) with the chair seems to do absolutely nothing. As far as I can tell, it's supposed to work like showing an item to get them interesting and start browsing it, but it doesn't do anything. They just nod and nothing happens.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 04, 21:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help please! I bought a grill for my community business, but i can't clean the plates after people eat!!! Is this normal? do you have the same problem? The clean option just isn't there and the dishwasher isn't clickable...so there are plates everywhere  Lips sealed
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 04, 21:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help please! I bought a grill for my community business, but i can't clean the plates after people eat!!! Is this normal? do you have the same problem? The clean option just isn't there and the dishwasher isn't clickable...so there are plates everywhere  Lips sealed

Is there a trash can on the lot anywhere? I seem to recall the community grills using paper plates instead of regular dishes. I could be completely out of my mind though.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 04, 21:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Offering a customer a makeover (for pay) with the chair seems to do absolutely nothing.

Cripe, I haven't even been able to find the chair yet! Embarrassed
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 04, 22:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its in the comfort/miscellaneous bit Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 04, 23:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The grill used to use real plates, I remember having sims trek all over the place to wash the darn things up.  However, in sims 1 it was always paper plates, so maybe they've decided that made more sense. Wink

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 04, 23:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Offering a customer a makeover (for pay) with the chair seems to do absolutely nothing. As far as I can tell, it's supposed to work like showing an item to get them interesting and start browsing it, but it doesn't do anything. They just nod and nothing happens.

After trial and error I discovered that you have to click the chair, and chose "Be Stylist," so if you only have the one Sim working you have to go back and forth from Sales to convince the customer to get a makeover, and being the stylist so that you can give the makeover.

As far as the plates on community lots, if you have a sink either in a bathroom or a breakroom, Sims will wash dishes there.

My biggest problem is that there seem to be routing problems around the new Mission style table and chairs.  Adults walk right thru the fronts of the chairs while cleaning up the dishes, and I had a child get caught between the chairs on one side of the table, and I had to use "moveobjects" to move her away from the table.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 05, 00:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After trial and error I discovered that you have to click the chair, and chose "Be Stylist," so if you only have the one Sim working you have to go back and forth from Sales to convince the customer to get a makeover, and being the stylist so that you can give the makeover.

If that's a 'feature' and the way it's supposed to work then I'm not sure I like it or it makes much sense. If they get interested in it on their own you can sell them on it and then when they are ready to get their makeover they'll just sit down somewhere until someone is assigned to the chair, just like sims ready to be rung up will wait around for a while if there isn't a cashier at the moment. It doesn't make much sense to me that when you should them the chair they don't start getting interested in it by browesing it or just wait for someone to be assigned. It's also annoying to need two people for that and it seems pretty random and aribitrary as far as how and how often sims get interested and start browsing the chair on their own.

I'll give that suggestion a try, but I must say I'm not thrilled with it at all if that's the way it is supposed to work and won't be changed.

Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 05, 00:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw two bugs in OFB so far.

1)When I bought a new fridge because I needed to make more Hamburgers, the fridge was still empty but couldn't be restocked.
2)Here's sort of a serious one.  When I was playing and shortly after I hired an employess the game crashed.  When I booted up the game again however, I found that there was no trace of the Shop Owner's house.  At first I thought the character was gone and he ended up being "vaporized" like in 1984.  However, he still is at a sim's house and can still be called.  If his house doesn't reappear then I'll have to move a sim into someone's house and have him move out.  Good thing that no20khandouts is updated, and I wonder if this bug is the reason they added the new cheat....

There's got to be more than I've listed but these are the two noticable ones I found by playing about 2 hours.  Also, I can't stand not having J.M.'s Hacks, especially macrotastics.  I believe that all this business crap will get easier when Pescado gets the game and automates everything.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 05, 00:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to move the mailbox and the trashcan a few tiles sideways and I couldn't place them outside the boundaries, even with 'moveobjects on'. That is pretty vexing, I can't even place a table there for the bills anymore. Thank goodness Monique has her computer updated to OFB, that way I can pay through the computer. I just have to watch out that the simmies don't get to the mailbox first.

The only thing that can be placed 'out of bounds' for me are flooring tiles. Bummer.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 05, 00:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, Veilchen, and there is quite a lot about this problem in one of the other threads.

Mister Paper, I noticed the same thing about the fridge.  I bought a mini fridge for the furniture store to stick in the little room behind the counter, and I immediately got the notice that the fridge was nearly empty, time to buy more food.  But I wonder if that's a problem with the LowfoodWarning hack, rather than the fridge (which it's supposed to ignore anyway).

Zephyr Zodiac
mysticbutterfly
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 05, 01:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, Veilchen, and there is quite a lot about this problem in one of the other threads.

Mister Paper, I noticed the same thing about the fridge.  I bought a mini fridge for the furniture store to stick in the little room behind the counter, and I immediately got the notice that the fridge was nearly empty, time to buy more food.  But I wonder if that's a problem with the LowfoodWarning hack, rather than the fridge (which it's supposed to ignore anyway).

I don't have that hack but am still having this same issue with the fridge.

*goes back into lurk mode*
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 05, 01:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I just tried this and it only sort of works but the way it works makes no sense at all to me.

Sim 1: Employee, gold badge in cosmotology, assigned to work the chair
Sim 2: Business owner, no cosmotology skill, gold badge in sales

The business owner offered a makeover to a sim and the sim accepted, however the owner (the person who offered) and NOT the employee who actually had the skill and was assigned to give makeovers, was the one who did it. He actually did a successful makeover, but I am not sure if that was due to her skill in some messed up way of transference or just luck. At any rate, his cosmotology skill seemed to go up a little.

Makes no sense to me. So I need an employee to just stand there at the chair before the sim who actually wants to give the makeovers can offer them? Seems like that employee is just dead weight that costs money. :p

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 05, 01:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've replaced some of the fridges while playing OFT in its vanilla state and haven't noticed this at all.  Are you absolutely sure that no hack could be affecting this?  I had it happen back with TS2 on its own but it rarely happened after I got Uni.  

happy now :-)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 05, 01:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the lots you are having problems with the frig not being able to restock in the new neighborhood? If yes, did Maxis remember to put a store where you can buy groceries in the new neighborhood? Remember from NL - you can't buy groceries in a neighborhood your sim doesn't live in.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 05, 02:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can... oh, wait, I have no idea if I can restock my fridge in a custom hood with no community lots on it at all (yet), because I've had the fridge-restocking hack in. But still, grocery delivery by phone is probably NOT checking for a community lot in the hood with grocery objects on it -- that's way too sophisticated.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 05, 03:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure this is a problem as such, but I have a business (flower shop) that has now reached Rank 10 with about 180 customer loyalty points.

The thing is, it hasn't made any money since day one and I'm scratching my head, wondering why?

I have my items set at expensive (and that seems to be okay because plenty of people are buying the goods) and five employees on fair pay only.

Now, is it that I'm not giving it enough time to rake in the dough or do I have too many employees maybe? Though it seems I do need them as it's a very busy place.

Another thing, do employees get paid hourly or by the day?

It seems my expenses are outweighing my cash flow and my first instinct is too many employees, but if anyone can verify this or anything else I'm not doing right, I'd be grateful for the advice  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 05, 03:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aussieone is your simmie still working at the store with the employees?   If you are running the business using a manager and not working in the store, the cash you make goes down.    I will have to look that up in the guide to see exactly what it says.

The other thing that shows how well you are doing is the Cash Tracker.  The tool is used to view the business's financial history.  If the business brought in more money than it spent, the indicator will be above the line and green.   If the business spent more money than it made, the indicator will be below the line and red.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 05, 04:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aussieone is your simmie still working at the store with the employees?   If you are running the business using a manager and not working in the store, the cash you make goes down.    I will have to look that up in the guide to see exactly what it says.

The other thing that shows how well you are doing is the Cash Tracker.  The tool is used to view the business's financial history.  If the business brought in more money than it spent, the indicator will be above the line and green.   If the business spent more money than it made, the indicator will be below the line and red.

edit   The employee is paid every hour and deducted from the owners funds
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 05, 04:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Marg  Smiley

Yes my sim does work in the store and I've just laid off the manager because well, her pay was just too much in comparison to what duties I wanted her to fulfil.

Needless to say that as you pointed out the employees get paid by the hour, I think I made a good move as she was my most highly paid worker!

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: