More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 00:59:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Twins in OFB
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Twins in OFB  (Read 21716 times)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Twins in OFB
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 28, 03:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you could trust TJ (I'm trusting he's correct the chances are 100% - I was too lazy to test more'n twice and I suspect Maxis just called the ForceTwins cheat anyways as that would be the easiest way to do it) and/or all the people on the thread on this stie somewhere that tested it and posted about it.

Or you can make a nice sim and put her in the townie pool :) I had two pregnancies in my game so it was an easy test for me. The pre-woo thing was too much to overcome my lazy streak. Too many variables - making sure they get pregnant, testing they didn't have natural twins, trying different times - too much for me.

Unsouper
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 28, 03:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3523.0
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 28, 03:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Prima Guide tells that eating Cheesecake before conception is supposed to "increase" (by 100%, lol) the chances, not after conception.

I just finished testing this. I had my female Sim eat Cheesecake before she did Try For Baby with her spouse and then I froze both their motives, stuck them on Procrastinate, and fast-forwarded to the 3rd trimester. I tossed another Cheesecake in to one of their inventories, let the birth happen, and she had a single kid. I reloaded, let her take a bite of Cheesecake, and voila, twins!

I guess I hoped too much that Maxis and Prima would agree on a game's "features"...
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 28, 07:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, I thought the final final concensus is that the cheesecake does work although not quite as advertised. Eating it after the sim is pregnant, in an unmodded game, is supposed to be 100% chance of twins (I'm still iffy on whether there's a window before woohoo that gives you twins, maybe 3 sim hours?). When did you have yours try?

The hint maxis sent when I registered the game was to eat cheesecake BEFORE trying for baby so thats what I did.

Axe murdered since 2006
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 28, 11:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hint maxis sent when I registered the game was to eat cheesecake BEFORE trying for baby so thats what I did.

The hint is wrong.  Just because Maxis says it doesn't make it true.  What matters is how it's coded in the game as it was shipped, and people who have looked at the code have not found anything that indicates cheesecake has an effect BEFORE the Try for Baby.

Karen
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 28, 11:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that now because Twojeffs looked at the coding but at the time I tried it I didn't, I just went by what Maxis told me, which from previous experience was pretty stupid to expect they would get it right.

Axe murdered since 2006
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 28, 14:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just reassure me here...

If you are running a business and selling cheesecake, selling to a customer who happens to be pregnant isn't going to result in twins is it?  I hope it's only controllable Sims eating cheescake when you're not looking that you have to worry about!  If one of JM's hacks is eating food in the inventory autonomously, we'll also have to check they don't have any in their inventory.  I'm imagining a horrifying explosion of twins in my hood!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 28, 19:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually thought that would be kinda cool - talk about randomly ending up with twins. Ok, who's been into the cheesecake :) If my playables buy cheesecake, and I can manage it (I sometimes have problems getting them to eat the bakery items they buy), I'm going to let them eat it and if they end up with twins, well it's their own fault. *I* didn't do it :)

Unsouper
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 28, 23:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim pregant with a single baby eat cheesecake and she had twins.  So although twins are decided at conception cheesecake changes it. 

ISFJ
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 30, 12:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had another awful thought - I guess this pregnancy modifier is a one time thing only right?  Given that the coding is messed up, I just thought I'd ask that one!   ......imagines a family with twin kids, twin toddlers and twin babies......

Are pregnancy modifiers always one time only?  Or do some of them operate throughout the sims's life to increase the odds of twins?  If so tell me more please!  What are the odds? Who gets it and how?  I'd really like to have this straight so I don't go on giving people bad information on other boards - newbies still get really, really excited by twins.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
KiwiPriss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 April 18, 21:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You all can blow my head off if you'd like, but im not sure the code was fully broken.
I had a family with two couples one wife-wife and one wife-husband, i used a hack off here to get the wifes pregnant (one from each couple) and then i planned on adopting a toddler for the gay couple because they both had wants for it. I checked the stats of both pregnant women with the Insiminator(sp?) and it said they were single pregnant. I had them both eat cheeseke just to see what happened you know? a few hours later, hetro woman gives birth to twin boys Ryker and Roman, fine i think i can deal with that, cool. a few hours later the adopted toddler Nicole arrives, making it seven in the family. Two sim hours later, out pop Genisis and Gideon, out of the gay woman. This makes 9!!! I have a panic attack and self-combust at the thought of two sets of twins and a toddler. Now the TWO sets of twins are nearly toddlers and im scared. But this was all before i got this hack. Explain that, if you would....
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 April 18, 22:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But this was all before i got this hack. Explain that, if you would....

The explanation is very simple.  Without any hacks installed, eating cheesecake while pregnant will GUARANTEE twins (100% chance).  See the related posts in Twojeffs' forum about cheesecake and twins.

Karen
KiwiPriss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 April 18, 22:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But this was all before i got this hack. Explain that, if you would....

The explanation is very simple.  Without any hacks installed, eating cheesecake while pregnant will GUARANTEE twins (100% chance).  See the related posts in Twojeffs' forum about cheesecake and twins.

Karen
But i thought the code was broken??
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 April 18, 22:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you read the thread, it's broken in the fact that it guarantees it instead of making it a chance.  I think TwoJeffs thought it was broken in that it didn't give any chance but found the opposite.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=3320.0

The End.
KiwiPriss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 April 19, 12:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. Gracias mi amigo/a, heh, i understand now, thanks
ecaguimbal
Asinine Airhead

Open for Business

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 April 19, 13:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the patch?

I will complete the seven expansions.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 April 19, 13:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the patch?

Why does it matter?  The patch didn't change anything about the chance of twins.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: