More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:58:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  A request for Theo - SimPE plug in
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A request for Theo - SimPE plug in  (Read 5350 times)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
A request for Theo - SimPE plug in
« on: 2006 March 01, 16:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Theo,

Since you have made your MOST excellent memory plugin, which takes care of the most tedious part of deleting a sim, I am hoping you might be able to add to it.  Below are the steps to completely delete a sims, courtesy of Inge.  Any chance you can automate more of them? 

Quaxi, please can we have a Sim Deletion tool that does all the following to the selected Sim:

1. Note down intsnce and SimID of the Sim you want to delete (Instance of Sim Description, Sim Id is displayed within the Sim Description.

2. Delete all relationships of the Sim in question

3. Delete all Relationships towards the Sim in any other Sim

4. Delete all Family ties of the Sim

5. Check each memory of each Sim in the Neighborhood. If it is about the Sim in question (same GUID or Instance) delete it in the Memory Editor.

6. Go to the Family Information File the Sim is stored in (you can do so from the Sim Description), and remove it from the List.

7. Delete the wants&Fear and Sim DNA resource that has the same Instance as the SDSC of the Sim

8. Find the Filename of the character File for that Sim, and delete that package.

9. Finally delete the SimDescription of that Sim.

1. Note down intsnce and SimID of the Sim you want to delete (Instance of Sim Description, Sim Id is displayed within the Sim Description.

2. Delete all relationships of the Sim in question

3. Delete all Relationships towards the Sim in any other Sim

4. Delete all Family ties of the Sim

5. Check each memory of each Sim in the Neighborhood. If it is about the Sim in question (same GUID or Instance) delete it in the Memory Editor.

6. Go to the Family Information File the Sim is stored in (you can do so from the Sim Description), and remove it from the List.

7. Delete the wants&Fear and Sim DNA resource that has the same Instance as the SDSC of the Sim

8. Find the Filename of the character File for that Sim, and delete that package.

9. Finally delete the SimDescription of that Sim.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: A request for Theo - SimPE plug in
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 01, 17:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi angelyne,

The tool you are wishing for is already being done by the SimPe development team.
From what I read in their forum, the Sim Deleter tool is available to anyone who applies for their QA team.

There are however, some issues with the current version of that tool, as some recepients have complained about side effects on the game. One side effect has been described in this post: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1039.0, and see my reply at http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1039.msg89965#msg89965.

Furthermore, I would have to spend extra time trying to understand all the API functions involved in such ample undertaking, and that would be a wasted effort, as the coding is already being done.

Of course I eagerly wait for this tool to be included in the next public version or so, but until then, that procedure has to be done manually Sad.

cheers
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: A request for Theo - SimPE plug in
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 02, 00:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops never read that thread. T'was before my time.  Thanks for straightening me out!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: